July 29, 2014 | 2085 users online

Nails - Konad

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Minxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As a young woman who is constantly on the go; and on a college budget; this product (I got the stamper, scraper, and 2 stencils; total: $25-$30 bucks w/shipping) is definately something you need to sit down and focus on; and spare about a good half hour to an hour for. I said "yes" I'd buy again because in the end, it does do it's job. It's just a LOT of work.

The stamper- It hardly picks up the nail polish to be vibrant and bright on your nail. (Konad said they have a special nail polish to use- I don't want to buy it since I already paid enough for the tools as it was; if someone wants to try their nail polish, please add a review for it!) But; it does stamp as advertised. Just not as brightly as I had hoped and as they had shown.

The stencil- You have to almost pour your nail polish on top of it in order to fill all the crooks and crannies; then you have to clean it repeatedly after each nail, otherwise it'll clog the stencil with dried polish and wont work.

The scraper- What a pain in the butt; again, had to wipe off constantly, there's a lot of little crevices to hold the scraper-blade in place of which, nail polish gets into and dries.

This product you definately want to clean as you go. It can be potentially very messy. I'd give this product a 3 out of 5 stars; It's OK. However I don't fully agree with the price they have their stencils, stampers, and kits set at. As mentioned, I run on a college budget, so spending 25-30 bucks on nail polish tools alone can be a bit much.On top of it they mentioned a "Special" nail polish to use for their stencils; again. I don't feel like paying another 5-12 bucks on "special" nail polish.

Overall?
This would make a lovely gift (especially for a teenager; or someone who takes very good care of their nails and paints them often.) The price can be a little steep, especially if you're on a small budget and don't want to spend 6+ dollars on nail polish.
However, In the future I don't think I'd be buying this product again unless their price was lower. It DOES work for the most part; but it takes a LOT of effort and time to do. And the colors don't always come out as bright and playful as they show on their ads.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by nailsmydreams

I bought a Konad stamping set that contains three stamping polish (red, black and white), four stamping plates, a stamper and a scraper. They all work beautifully. I've bought from other brands but I keep using Konad instead even though it's much more expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by danimatthews

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hi after only 5 days I am now a KONAD addict! I love nail polish, so much so my boyfriend actual got me nail polishes instead of an easter egg! What a guy!

This is extremely easy to use although after reading a tip on the net i now cut up plastic cards (loyalty, store cards, old bank cards etc) to use as my scraper. they are super smooth and don't scratch your plate like the metal one.

I've uploaded a wee pic of silver leopard print for you to see :) You d have to use Konad special polishes although thy do definitely work better in terms of colour density, but if you have a thick polish or a bright one they will work great on light backgrounds.

I got my kit from Konad nails on ebay and they dispatch for next day delivery.

I'm just away now o order some more plates..... :) x

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Haco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

got the products and tested yesterday. stamper, scraper, some plates.
It's great!! took me long to finish but maybe because it was the first time.
I needed some practice but the practice didnt take too long.
what took me long basically was, choosing which pattern to use. lol

When I clean the plate after use, i found that a cheap makeup sponge is good to use.
it wont leave fibers as like when I used cotton ball.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Kassitastrophe

I love Konad nail stamps! So easy to use and it has really helped me not want to bite my nails. Save your money and don't worry about using the special nail polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by boobiedoobiedoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The only thing I have problems with is the "special" nail polish the lady talked me in to buying. She said it was the best for the nail wheels because it is a thicker consistency. I find it's too think to work with and it doesn't transfer well on to the stamper. If you buy this, don't waste your money on the Konad brand polishes. Any polish would work better. (My personal favorite is OPI Alpine Snow.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

ARGH I accidentally clicked backspace and my entire review was lost. Sigh :( Okay, again. Abbreviated.

I first ran across these a few years ago at a mall kiosk in Houston, and thought they were kind of cool but gimmicky and not worth the money. Fast forward a few years and that has suddenly changed! I am a polish minimalist, always keeping my nails clear or french manicured. Most of the time I think of colored nails as tacky, but that's because I see gunky, chipped colors on dry, nailbitten hands [ugh] in gaudy colors and designs. But sometime recently I started running across pictures of pretty nails [thank you MUA!] and started thinking maybe colors weren't so bad. Then came the designs. Then came the [re?]discovery of nail stamps.

Fascinated, within a few days I had ordered the double sided stamper and two plates - m15 and m57 - from wowsocool [no affiliation] because of the free shipping over $20 and retailmenot coupons. They also have 'kits' but I didn't feel they were so worth it if you weren't into the plates offered. It arrived in less than a week. I also ordered two plates off of eBay, as there are MANY more designs. quality is not AS good, but 90-95% is perfectly acceptable. My white polish needs to be thickened up, as it shows up kind of watery and smeary, but my brand new, thin shimmer polishes come out crisp and quite opaque.

Most people here suggest using a plastic card intead of the metal scraper, but I find that leaves it smeary and takes off too much polish from the design itself. I guess I'm doomed to have scratched up plates. The possibility of messing up is always there, but these are very easy to use. So much fun for random, fun nail designs! I'm heading back to Houston for a wedding and looking forward to doing everyone's nails!

I most likely won't be purchasing any more plates, as these are plenty for fun and I am not a hardcore nail person :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by SignMeUp

My nailstamping plates are mostly not the Konad ones, but some very inexpensive plates and stampers from Hong Kong. The images are crisp and clear, and it cost me almost nothing (about $23 for 1 double sided stamper, 1 one sided stamper, 1 xl plate and 2 smaller ones, two scrapers and two polishes, free shipping). I prefer to use my old nailpolishes for stamping, as they are thicker. And so called one-coaters are also good for this, works perfect! I voted YES to if I would buy it again, because I love this nail art system.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a professional in my late 20's...I really can't wear nail polish to my work place...I've been on holiday for just a while now and saw this on MUA and decided to watch some YT videos that looked so easy!!! I recently purchased a Konad set and went wild with my 4 plates! lol! my hubby thinks i've lost it! %) But it gives some oomph to my nails and i feel lyk a teenager all over again with funky kewl nailz! :D For people looking to stand out in a crowd or being spoken to by random strangers...lol..this is ONE of the many ways! The set is totally fool-proof for beginners. The colour is good and lasts a week and i don't believe the rep when she says ONLY Konad polishes work for stamping. I'm sure we can use other thick matte polishes too! Will do so soon and post pics! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by kristiinee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have 2 plates and 1 polish, which isn't really that much. I'm going to buy more later, because nail-art have never been as easy and quick! People always ask how I've done my nails! Thumbs up for easy, quick and good looking nail-art!