November 26, 2014 | 1255 users online

Powder - Almay - TLC Pressed Powder-Light to Medium

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It is okay. Lasts all day , great coverage.. Can be used as only foundation with coverup. I have oily /acne prone skin and ths works fine. Not very much product in the container though.. Looks a bit cake-y. Nothing special, wouldn't recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by RoseKnowz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! I find it works best in conjunction with the Almay TLC foundation. I have extremely oily skin, and yet my skin stayed nice and dry all day with this stuff! I have had no breakouts with it, and I'm glad I found the Almay TLC collection because it's similar to the Revlon Colorstay in coverage, except it doesn't make me break out and is completely hypoallergenic. I do however, conceal with the Revlon color stay Blemish Heal concealer, and I haven't had any breakouts, so yay! It also covers up all my scars and redness! Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I got the lightest shade of this, which, surprise surprise, was too dark for me.
PROS:
-It lasts
-Controlls oils
CONS:
-Looks cakey after a while
-Turns orangey after a couple hours
-Clings to blemishes and settles into fine lines

So no, I won't be buying again, but maybe because I'm so pale that's why it looks so orange on me. I use fit me pressed powder currently, and it matches my skin a heck of a lot better. BUT if you're semi tan and want great staying power, then this would probably work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Sta1cee

I only use powder to help set in my foundation. Decided to try Almay's TLC after my friend raved about how great it is. Can't say I'm impressed but I'm not sure if it's because I just am just not fond of powders in general or if it's because the product is not very good.

PROS
~Absorbs oil
~Provides minimal coverage for those of you who don't like medium/heavy
products
~Stays put for a few hours

CONS
~ Looks powdery...it's very obvious that you're wearing powder
~ Poor color selection. Light (Pale 100) is still a bit too dark and looks unnatural
~Controls oil for about an hour...then needs to be reapplied
~Can feel it on my face...my skin is sensitive to the product

Overall, I won't be buying this powder again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by kimberQ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only problems i have with this product are, that it smells funny when the sun hits it on your face and that does not have terrific coverage. After a few hours it will wear out but considering how oily my face is, this product seems to be the only one that doesn't get weird and spotty. Also, compared to other powders i have used, this one seems to control my oil better and since I've been using it, I have seen less breakouts. my skin is very red from taking acutane 2 years ago so it is hard to find a shade that will match my neck and neutralize the red but so far, this one is working great :) i would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Finally, a pressed powder I actually like. I never thought this day would come, but it has, and I couldn't be happier about it. This looks a bit chalky at first, but so do most powders. Give it a few minutes and you're golden. This does not look cakey, this does not look flaky, this does not do that weird pressed powder thing where suddenly any pores and lines I have are standing out like a neon sign on my face. Oil control is decent, nothing to write home about, but still a far cry better than most powders I've used that are supposedly geared towards controlling oil. I'm impressed, and that is not something that happens often. I find you get the best results with this powder when you use it with the TLC foundation. That's when it will look the best and last the longest. I use it with other foundations though, and it still looks good, so I'm not too worried. I will absolutely, 100% be repurchasing this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by hpisterfaggot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I wish that there were more color selections, but I still have an almost-perfect color match.

This powder lasts all day. I touch up any shiny areas after about 6 hours, which is CRAZY because I used to have the worst luck with controlling oil. Literally, my nose would get shiny after applying powder less than 30 minutes before. I've tried every powder that's out in drugstores.

This is a truly wonderful product. I will continue to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jujudithjujudith

I like this powder because I wear it after my sunblock and it takes the shine away but it's not oo matte, I have dry skin and this gives me a light coverage without looking cakey or too powdery, I apply it with a kabuki brush and works really well! But if you have oily skin I wouldn't purchase this. The packaging is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by albinonymph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

this product was good, light on my face, decent coverage, SPF 12 :) stayed on all day but i found the product itself ran out fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by rosa0053

I tried this powder out, and I didn't like it. I was looking for a powder that I can wear over a moisturizer (without foundation). This powder was not very finely milled, and the powder looked very obvious on my face - I hated it. I used a good quality brush to apply it, and it didn't make a difference. I thought it was pretty junky for the price. I returned it and bought Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, and it is a lot higher quality. I was disappointed, though, because I usually like Almay's products.