July 28, 2014 | 992 users online

Moisturizers - Acne.org - Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I received this in the Regimen kit and at first I thought it was the BP that was destroying my skin (huge cystic pimples, scaly alligator rash, tiny bumps all over my face beneath the skin)...

So, I decided to experiment and use the cleanser and the BP on it's own for a few days with a different moisturizer (CeRave Facial Moisturizing Lotion) after taking a break from the entire program for a few days just so my skin could look decent enough again to go in public slathered in makeup that still didn't help much (it was that bad!).

While my skin is not back to normal yet (it's been two weeks), it is also no longer red, scaly, irritated and burning upon application of either my moisturizer or the BP (The Regimen moisturizer literally burned my skin upon application and made it itch).

I really like the cleanser, (although CeRave Oily Skin Cleanser is just as good or better), and now I can finally see the BP doing it's job...

Sadly, now after all of that, the Regimen, minus the moisturizer, is clearing up the horrific mess that the moisturizer left on my face (which I'm sure will leave some horrible Hyperpigmentation marks from those cysts on places I've never had real pimples before for many moons to come). So, it does work, but I wish I could have learned this through my skin only getting better from the very mild occasional, hormonal breakouts I bought it for, not a thousand times worse than ever while leaving scars on my once almost completely scar free face...which took a lot of work...:-().

A VERY painful lesson.

Do yourself a favor and skip this one... The BP is great...the cleanser is good...this moisturizer is the devil!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

********UPDATE********

I recently wrote a review on this product and I decided to update it. This product is awful. It moisturizes for 10 minutes and right after my skin is back to flakes and super dry. Don't even waste your money. It feels good on your skin until you realize you're spending more time out of your day stressing about your skin being dry and flaky than you get to enjoy it being moisturized. I recently bought Cerave night moisturizer and oh baby, it's a dream. I've used it twice and it's already doing a better job than the Regimen moisturizer in half the amount I would use. If you want to try it, get a sample before you waste your money on this crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this moisturizer with the acne.org regimen travel size kit. I did not like it. It made my face very oily. I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. It just didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sellabella

This seemed fine at first, however you need ALOT of product to feel like you've even moisturised. It doesn't absorb well into the skin and tends to just sit on top, becoming sticky and uncomfortable. Also, this started to turn my skin a horrible yellow/orange colour, particularly around my nose and mouth. To top it all off, it didn't even moisturise that well. Horrible experience, would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was an awful experience. I faithfully followed the regime for 3 months until I realized this moisturizer was the cause of my skin issues. It made my skin burn but I pressed on because I just thought it was the BP. I have extremely pale skin and it made me look yellow. The jojoba in this made me breakout as well. Definitely not fool-proof.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by PolskaBlondynka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product because it was described as being gentle and scent free. All I've experienced is burning from this moisturizer. It does moisturizer pretty well but the burning does not sit well with me. I'm surprised to find out that many people have complained about this as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product iritates my skin. I experienced burning & a lot of redness when I used it. It also doesn't have enough moisture for me. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This moisturizer has a yellow tint to it. However, after I make sure to thoroughly smooth it into my face, the tint doesn't show at all. So, I have no problems with that aspect of the moisturizer.

Now, I use Retin-A. on my face nightly. And, I use this as a moisturizer in the daytime. Does this keep my face hydrated all day? In some areas it does, while in other areas it doesn't. I normally do not re-apply moisturizer during the day, when I'm wearing makeup. But, on my makeup free days, I do.

This moisturizer does have a very slight scent to it. I don't find it to be offensive, and it doesn't bother my allergies at all.

I only wish that Acne.org would seek to reduce their s&h charges. As, the product itself is reasonably priced, but the s&h I feel is truly higher than it needs to be. And, for some people this can be a turnoff.

I think that the moisturizer is a pretty decent one. As, right now, I am using out of the sample sized version that I bought. However, I do plan to buy the regular sized version. I will certainly continue to use it for now. Not sure if I will end up using it long-term or not, or possibly using it interchangeably along with another moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Ldao90

HOLY GRAIL!

I don't know why people are the least crazy about this product compared to all other Acne.org products. To me it's actually the best out of them all. It's light, fragrance-free, gentle to the skin (so satisfyingly gentle to the skin) and super moisturising without being greasy!!!!! After you apply the treatment and leave it on your skin for a while, your skin CRAVES moisturization that has been stripped off due to the Benzoyl Peroxide. The best feeling in the world, then, is to slap this green baby on and your skin just drinks it all up like rain on hot stones!!! (lol i don't know if this expression exists)
I've tried other moisturisers recommended for oily, acne-prone skin and no other has been able to compare! They tend to be either too greasy or not moisturising enough.

The only con about this product is that it's only available in the US and shipping to other countries takes forever (and I'm living in Vietnam). I hope they open free international shipping soon.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

First of all, before I start the review, the regimen for acne.org is fantastic and works. They also have a great review site of many products designed to help with acne. I also love the benzoyl peroxide they sell----it's such a great deal as you get so much. Saved me a lot from buying a bunch of Neutrogena's "On the Spot" (which the website says is pretty good and does work well for me but pricey for the small amount you get).

Now- regarding the moisturizer- it's just "ok" for me. First of all, I agree with some reviewers...it doesn't seem to absorb into the skin well. It doesn't really moisturize very well either---which is fine if you have oily skin---but if you are combination like me, it won't work well in the dry areas.

Its yellow color (from the jojoba oil it is made with?) seems to make a slight impact on my foundation color if I try to wear it under my foundation.

And then the pump broke on me, and so I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging.

I highly recommend Cetaphil moisturizer as I prefer it. The reviews of Cetaphil moisturizer on the actual website are great. It's a little more pricey per amount to get Cetaphil, but I like it better.

One last thing---Acne.org talks about how great jojoba oil is for acne prone skin. I was really hesitant to try an oil on my face, but I have had such great luck with pure jojoba oil for the past several months (use at night only). It doesn't cause breakouts and really helps with skin not getting dried up from the benzoyl peroxide.