October 23, 2014 | 1773 users online

Moisturizers - Acne.org - Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by jy831409

I have dry to combination acne-prone skin. I have tried the entire acne.org Regimen line once before, only to end up giving up because of uncontrollable flakiness that I thought the Benzoyl Peroxide was causing.
I am back on it again, this time being very careful about how much BP I use, how I handle my skin, etc. yet the flaking is still uncontrollable. I am now at Week 8 (2 months) on the Regimen and I FINALLY, FINALLY realized that it's the moisturizer causing all of my problems!!

PROS of the acne.org Moisturizer: It glides over the skin

CONS of the acne.org Moisturizer: It feels oily, it does NOT sink in, it does NOT moisturize my dry-combo skin, it creates a shiny-filmy substance on my face

I can't believe it took me this long to realize the moisturizer was the problem, not Benzoyl Peroxide! I have switched over to Cerave's moisturizing lotion + jojoba oil and after ONE DAY my skin feels a little better. (It doesn't hurt to move my face).

Buy the acne.org BP, but skip their moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by aaberridge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I need to start by saying that I am a HUGE fan of the regimen on Acne.org. Before I was cured of acne, it was the one and only thing that, when used religiously, kept my acne under control. I used the moisturizer from Acne.org for roughly 10 years. At first I really loved it. But somewhere in there, they changed the formulation. This new formulation did not moisturize for me as well AT ALL. The smell is.....strange. Yucky. It did not break me out, but I was definitely not happy with the change.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review of the entire regimen because it is sold this way, plus some specifics about each step.

I received this as a gift from my boyfriend out of the kindness of this blessed heart (translation: he was sick of listening to me complaining every day about my acne and having various episodes of depression over it). I have been using it for a couple of months now (with a period of time when I stopped to see if my skin would return to its original grossness). FYI, my skin did improve after a month of use. When I stopped, it got worse, and when I started using it again, it has improved within the week.

Before I used this product, I read all the information provided with the package, but I did not watch the instructional videos. All the instructions ring to the tone of "IF YOU DON'T DO THIS EXACTLY HOW WE TOLD YOU THEN YOU CAN'T BLAME IT ON THE PRODUCT". Okay. I can limit myself to washing my face only every 12 hours and bring gentle with my skin blah blah blah. But I'm not going to sit in the bathroom and rub treatment on my face for 3 whole minutes then wait for it to dry, then sit there and rub lotion on my face for another few minutes. Ain't nobody got time for that. So needless to say, I did my best to follow the suggested directions to the best of my ability and within the confines of making it to work on time every morning. Please also note that I have been using the clarisonic brush once a day with the acne.org cleanser. I was also clarisonic-ing my face in the shower with the Mineral Fusion Ultimate Moisture cleanser and Shiseido Perfect Whip foaming cleanser (I was washing my face 2-3 times a day rather than the every 12 hours recommended). I was also using make up wipes or DHC cleansing oil to remove make up prior to using the acne.org cleanser. The creators of this regimen apparently do not recommend using any makeup while on the regimen for best results, and my response was PFFT, I can't just show this face around with nothing on it. So yeah, I used a bunch of different BB creams during the day with my other make up while during the treatment.

Pros:
-By George, it worked. Pimple count down. Redness down. Skin looks great. This actually surprises me given how much I didn't adhere to the recommended directions. /shrug
-The BP treatment Easily absorbs into skin with a minute-ish of drying time and goes under makeup just fine.
-The cleanser is scent-less and works great without over-drying.

Cons:
-During the first few weeks of treatment my face was SUPER dry on my cheeks and neck. Weird, because I never put this NEAR my neck and somehow my skin was dry all across the front of my neck, extending almost past each ear. Had to use Burt Bee's intense hydration night cream day and night. As time progressed however, my skin seemed to adjust and I no longer have dry skin. I would definitely start small and have a really good moisturizing cream at the ready when you first start. Note: with my second initiation (after a period of not using this for a while then restarting), my skin did not get dry on my neck, only the skin around my mouth and a little on my cheeks. The lotion was NOT sufficient moisturizing for me during the first weeks of treatment. Currently however, the lotion seems to be fine and feels like an oil-free moisturizer type consistency after drying on the face.
-The lotion STINGS SO BAD, especially on broken skin and the eye area. I feel like my face is on FIRE. I've started to rub the lotion in my hands first to evenly coat my hands and then press them on my face without any rubbing, letting the burning and stinging occur and then subside, then lightly pat the rest of my face. I have no idea why it does this, but it sucks. Sometimes if my skin is not dry at all, I will skip the lotion entirely more so out of fear, haha. This could be the acne.org lotion's fault, or also the BP treatment's fault I suppose for making the skin more sensitive? The stinging only seems to occur at the lotion application step though. I think I will try a different moisturizer to see if the same thing happens.
-I think it's kind of expensive. I believe the whole kit was $40 some dollars. BUT the size of the everything is huge. It looks like it'll last at least a year or something.

Overall
The regimen works. Hail Mary. But I'm not head-over-heels ONLY because of the horrendous burning sensation of the lotion. I don't seem to have any issues with the lotion or the BP treatment though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I received this in the Regimen kit and at first I thought it was the BP that was destroying my skin (huge cystic pimples, scaly alligator rash, tiny bumps all over my face beneath the skin)...

So, I decided to experiment and use the cleanser and the BP on it's own for a few days with a different moisturizer (CeRave Facial Moisturizing Lotion) after taking a break from the entire program for a few days just so my skin could look decent enough again to go in public slathered in makeup that still didn't help much (it was that bad!).

While my skin is not back to normal yet (it's been two weeks), it is also no longer red, scaly, irritated and burning upon application of either my moisturizer or the BP (The Regimen moisturizer literally burned my skin upon application and made it itch).

I really like the cleanser, (although CeRave Oily Skin Cleanser is just as good or better), and now I can finally see the BP doing it's job...

Sadly, now after all of that, the Regimen, minus the moisturizer, is clearing up the horrific mess that the moisturizer left on my face (which I'm sure will leave some horrible Hyperpigmentation marks from those cysts on places I've never had real pimples before for many moons to come). So, it does work, but I wish I could have learned this through my skin only getting better from the very mild occasional, hormonal breakouts I bought it for, not a thousand times worse than ever while leaving scars on my once almost completely scar free face...which took a lot of work...:-().

A VERY painful lesson.

Do yourself a favor and skip this one... The BP is great...the cleanser is good...this moisturizer is the devil!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

********UPDATE********

I recently wrote a review on this product and I decided to update it. This product is awful. It moisturizes for 10 minutes and right after my skin is back to flakes and super dry. Don't even waste your money. It feels good on your skin until you realize you're spending more time out of your day stressing about your skin being dry and flaky than you get to enjoy it being moisturized. I recently bought Cerave night moisturizer and oh baby, it's a dream. I've used it twice and it's already doing a better job than the Regimen moisturizer in half the amount I would use. If you want to try it, get a sample before you waste your money on this crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this moisturizer with the acne.org regimen travel size kit. I did not like it. It made my face very oily. I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. It just didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sellabella

This seemed fine at first, however you need ALOT of product to feel like you've even moisturised. It doesn't absorb well into the skin and tends to just sit on top, becoming sticky and uncomfortable. Also, this started to turn my skin a horrible yellow/orange colour, particularly around my nose and mouth. To top it all off, it didn't even moisturise that well. Horrible experience, would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was an awful experience. I faithfully followed the regime for 3 months until I realized this moisturizer was the cause of my skin issues. It made my skin burn but I pressed on because I just thought it was the BP. I have extremely pale skin and it made me look yellow. The jojoba in this made me breakout as well. Definitely not fool-proof.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by PolskaBlondynka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product because it was described as being gentle and scent free. All I've experienced is burning from this moisturizer. It does moisturizer pretty well but the burning does not sit well with me. I'm surprised to find out that many people have complained about this as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product iritates my skin. I experienced burning & a lot of redness when I used it. It also doesn't have enough moisture for me. Would not repurchase.