Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush

4.3

I was lucky enough to have a dear friend ship this to me from the US, together with another Sonia Kashuk brush set. I was surprised to read that many have experienced phenomenal shedding with this brush as mine hasn't at all. I've had this since 2008, and the brush is a good 7 years old now but it still looks as good as new. I really like pairing this brush with loose powder as the size of the brush allows me to dust the powder all over quickly and evenly. It's a wonderful and affordable drugstore brush that is rather soft (of course, I cannot compare this to Hakuhodo / Suqqu brushes) and does the job really well.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is for the white painted wooden handled one which I purchased many years ago when Sonia Kashuk first came to Target. I don't think they make these anymore but i just had to attest to its longevity. It was my first real make up brush, so not surprisingly- at the time, it was the most expensive brush I'd ever purchased and it was squirrel hair. I paid around $10. I have fancier brushes now. Yet, I have used this brush almost daily with regular washings and it is still my most used brush. I've had 2 issues-it went through a shedding phase a couple of years back to the point that I'd have to pick hairs off my face and I thought it was a goner. Eventually, it stopped shedding and is still very fluffy so I'm glad I stuck with it. I've had to superglue the wooden handle to the ferrule once or twice and the white paint has peeled some but considering how long I've had it and how much I've washed it, that's pretty amazing. The white ones I've seen in the last few years seem different and the handle appears to be plastic so when I do have to replace this, I will get the black handled one and hope it lives up to this.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ive had this brush for 2 years now and it sheds like crazy kinda disappointed i expected better.

I love this brush. I actually use it as my powder brush, to just apply powder to my t-zone. I bought it several years ago, when SK first came to Target. I have bought other brushes in the interim, thinking I might be on to something better, but none of them prevail. This brush is soft, and splayed nicely so that product doesn't land on your face super-concentrated. That is my biggest complaint with other brushes. When this brush finally does die, I will get another.

I really love the handles to the Sonia brushes and all my eye shadow brushes work like a dream, but this powder brush is the worst! Everytime I use it - it sheds. It is very scratchy and I am constantly having to pick hairs off my face. :(

I love how soft, big, and fluffy this brush is. It works great for bronzing as well. I like the sturdy feeling of the handle. The only negative is that bristles do fall out - atleast three each use. It costs too much for a brush that looses that many bristles.

This is for the white handle brush - I've never had a brush that sheds so much in my life. It's not like every once in a while i end up with hairs on my face.. it's every time i use it. It gets really annoying to have to constantly pick the shedding hairs off my face all the time. Other than that though, the brush is nice and soft and gives me a nice dusting of my power over my foundations.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

oh mah gawd this brush shed like THIRTY bristles over my face this morning-WTH? i bought this SK brush because of rave youtube reviews-seriously?! i have no issues spending more money on a quality brush but for $20.00 i expected better than this. it got all in my eyes too and onto my contacts. i am so disappointed. the size of the brush is fine but its just nasty that all the bristles are all over my face afterwards. i had to use my bare minerals powder brush to brush it all off. i am SO returning this to target today!!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this brush to apply my Revlon colorstay loose mineral powder foundation and it didn't give me the results that I wanted so I returned it.
In the brushes defense I did not try using it with pressed or non mineral powders.
The brush is soft and fluffy and that just didn't work out for me, I needed a denser brush I guess.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love it. It has a great angle making blending easier, it is soft, and long lasting.

Popular Makeup Brushes