Orly Gorgeous

4.5

on 5/18/2015 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Orly's Gorgeous it a shimmery fuchsia pink polish with a very heavy blue duochrome shimmer. The COLOR lives up to its name. However, the application was not as good as one would expect from a polish which is now in the $7 to $8 range in some places. The brush was slightly thin and a little difficult to work with. (On the plus side the rubberized handle is a dream!) The formula was very thin and watery, but on applying the polish seems to go on somewhat gloopy and sticky (if that makes any sense). I had cuticle pooling and tip pulling. The first coat was extremely streaky and uneven. The second coat filled in some of the streakiness, however, left bald patches. By the third coat I had a mostly even application and bottle color; however, I still had visible nail line and bubbling on a couple of nails. (The finish at three coats was almost like a jelly finish polish - think OPI Sorbets). I chose not to add a fourth coat as I was afraid the bubbling would get worse. I had no drying issues with this one with Seche Vite as it was completely dry and hard in half an hour. The finished mani was very shiny glass like (something I haven't noticed in other Orlys I have tried -they tend to be a little duller than I would like upon completion). However, by the second day this mani was starting to get dull. All in all, while I love the color and would purchase again based solely on that (and why I indicated "yes" on repurchase), the application left a lot to be desired and falls in line with other Orly polish color applications that I have tried leaving me on the fence whether I would actually buy this again.

on 6/15/2011 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my go to nail polish colors for summer! I love the color and it looks soooooo good with a tan. I can easily go through a few bottles of this during the summer and I hope they never discontinue it!

on 10/18/2008 4:17:00 PM

It is truely Gorgeous. One of my favourite colours for my toes. It lasts for weeks. Everything the last reviewer has said about the colour is true and I can't add anything more to it.

on 6/9/2008 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Orly Gorgeous is just gorgeous! It has a magenta base with a deep blue shimmer flash. The only similar color I've seen is Lippman Makin' Whoopie which may be a tad brighter, and much more expensive. If you like blue shimmer in nail polish, this is the most pronounced I've ever seen in any polish, almost duo-chromey. I knew I had to have this color from the second I saw it and it did not disappoint, it's a very rich, sexy looking color and a must have IMO. One of Orly's best! Application was perfect. Edit: I love this color so much I did it for two manis, something I rarely do anymore. Both times it wore like STEEL. Completely chip proof after 5 days, did get tipwear eventually though. Amazing!

Popular Polishes