October 21, 2014 | 1892 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Paul Mitchell - Express Ion Style 1.0

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by marchigiano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Express Ion 1.0 and 1.5 are my styling tools of choice. They both work very well for smoothing and styling, whether adding a bit of wave or a full-out curl.

The beveled edges ensure no tugging on the hair. I love that you can set the temperature. These tools leave the hair smooth, hydrated, and frizz free.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by cpramsey54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this iron. First - it really is smooth to use - just like it should be and it just glides over my hair. The first time I used it I had to keep checking to make sure it was on because it was really that smooth and I didn't feel the typical "tug" I felt from other irons. Second - I believe it definitely adds to the shine of my hair. Third - it has cut my styling time by at least a half because it's so easy to use. If I'm not careful it can break a hair here or there, but not enough that I would trade it in or send it back. Would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by BriarRose25

LOVE this iron. Every time I went to get my hair cut, my stylist would use this iron, and I was always so sad when I had to wash my hair a couple days later. I've been saving up and finally got it for my birthday. All I can say is WOW! I've been straightening my curly, thick hair since high school with varying degrees of success, and this is by far the best iron I've used. It's light and super comfortable to handle thanks to little thumb grips, and the silicon strips really help hold my hair in place. Overall my hair is far easier to straighten and it looks way better than it ever did in the past: no frizz or pouf, just glossy, pin straight hair! The salon uses these irons 13-20 times a day every day of the week, so you know they're going to last. Just a note--don't buy this anywhere but a Paul Mitchell salon! The warranty is worthless if you can't prove you bought from an authorized PM seller. The ones you find on Amazon or through other places are often old ones that have been refurbished or products that have been illegally "redirected" from warehouses. The money you save isn't worth the risk of not having a warranty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by moonstarshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

well this product is the best iron i ever had and i have had multiple chi's and a solia, that i loved until i got this one. it straightens and makes the hair shiny better then the irons that go to 450 (which is not recommended!) even though it only goes to 400. i have the thickest curly mixed hair and this iron is so perfect i dont even have to put it on the highest setting (400) and it works better.it curls flips and even creates waves and hopefully will last unlike the cheap chi flat irons!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by maryann1804

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This by far is the best flat iron I have ever bought. I have had other high end irons including the Chi and the original PM smoothing iron with the green plates. This by far blows everyone of them out of the water. Let me start by saying I have course, thick, some what frizzy curly, colored and dry hair. My PM flat iron finally died after four years of great service.
I was looking for a new iron and came across this one in Trade Secret. OMG!!! LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this iron. It smooths and straightens my hair like I can not believe. Another thing that is so awesome about this iron is it gets REALLY close to your roots. I used to have to use my mini Chi on certain parts of my hair to get close to the scalp, not with this iron. Also the silicone strips are to die for, reason being they grip your hair just enough (without pulling it) to really get your hair super straight. It takes me no more than one maybe two passes through my hair to get it crazy straight, and shiny! One day i was sitting on my couch with my twelve year old son and he was playing with my hair. He said it felt so soft, lol. If you are hesitant about spending the money, don't be. This flat iron is worth every single penny. I will never be with out this iron!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by panglem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used multiple CHI, Sedu, and HAI flat irons (all of which eventually stopped working prematurely). I have really long hair and recently replaced my 1.5 in Sedu that broke (and which did not work well at all compared to my past CHIs) with the BIG CHI 2" hoping it would straighten my hair better/faster. It turned out that it did not do a better job than the cheap iron I was using after my Sedu broke so I decided to try out this iron after hearing all of the hype about the ions/infrared/silicone strips yada yada... even though it is only a 1 in iron. I have had it for a week not and LOVE it. It makes my hair so much softer/healthier looking than ANY of the high end irons I have used in the past and straightens just as fast, if not faster than the wider irons I have owned. It's thinness also makes it much easier to succesfully straighten from the scalp and bangs. I only hope it lasts a lot longer than all of my other irons, especially since it is on the higher price range. I got mine on Amazon.com for around 145 plus shipping. I'm surprised that I haven't seen more reviews on it around. Will update if anything changes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I've had this flat iron for about 3 years now and it's very good. It heats up very fast and can get really close to the roots and lets me style my side bangs unlike my chi because its kind of bulky in size so i can't really go close to the roots like this can since its much flatter. I don't like the smell it leaves my hair sometimes because of the silicone strips. Other than the smell it does a great job of flattening and curling my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by anna8607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow i love this iron. I have ghd, sedu, t3, solia, fhi, h2pro, and i thought the Sedu revolution was the best until I tried this. I think its because the silicone strips, im not sure but literally all you need is one pass with this iron and your hair is transformed into silky shiny hair. I cant say enough good about this iron. It also doesnt have that flat iron/burnt smell when using and leaves your hair feeling great. i would buy this again in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I purchased this today. After sitting at the beauty supply and looking at 20 different flat irons I decided to go with this one. It seemed to have the best features (new silicone helps hair glide through, and has negative ions to protect colored hair), and a reasonable price compared to CHI and Rusk.

I love this iron, I already have the smoothing iron and I purchased this because I wanted tighter curls using a flat iron. This one curls, adds volume and creates great waves. It doesn't "drag" the hair at all. It heats up very fast. I can't say enough about this iron!!

If you want to learn how to use a flat iron other then smoothing go to ghd.com it has step by step videos.