October 2, 2014 | 918 users online

Makeup Brushes - Jane Iredale - Handi Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Very necessary when I was using the Pure Pressed Base from Jane Iredale as it really buffs it all on nicely and smoothly so that it all looks even on me. I couldn't stand the silly flat powder puff the compact of that foundation comes with. I still have my Handi Brush from several years ago that I have used with blush and bronzer but all the bristles are falling out now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by kukara4a2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Best brush for pressed minerals ever! This brush is soo much better than Bare Minerals handi brush,I really love it! It makes flawless,but still good coverage and very smooth. Also this brush is sooo soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by carick85

I love this brush. I don't use J.I makeup anymore, but I still love the brush for my other mineral makeup. It stays soft, and doesn't feel scratchy on my super delicate skin. It helps the makeup to cover well. Love love love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have had this brush for about 10 years. I was getting a facial at a spa and the facialist talked me into trying some Jane Iredale mineral makeup. She said this was the brush I had to get to go with it. Don't remember all the details of my purchase, but know the pricetag was hefty and often wonder what my younger self was thinking spending so much on a brush just on some facialist's say so? Nowadays, I am not so easily convinced by cosmetics salespeople!

Anyway, the Jane Iredale mineral powder was tossed out long ago - and not even used up. However, I still have this brush hanging around. It looks brand new. I sometimes used it for dusting on translucent powder over my liquid foundation, but it was too dense to do a good job.

It's true purpose is applying mineral makeup. Not sure it is good for anything else. Recently I am trying the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder and have the chance to use this brush again. It works perfectly. The bristles are soft on my face and don't shed. They have kept their shape very nicely. The handle is just the right length and really quality material. The whole item feels very luxurious and the product goes on like airbrushing (though don't know how much of this is Laura Mercier Mineral Powder and how much is the Handi!).

I don't think I will ever need to buy another one. This brush seems indestructible. And I can't imagine my grown up self ever paying this much for a brush again, especially one with such a limited repertoire.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by IvyH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wonderful brush for mineral powder !!!!! Absolutely gentle feeling everyday!

started with Bobbi Brown 's mineral brush and ended up with big disappointment after days! did not have a lot of expectation for Hardi brush but was surprisingly pleased with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by babooner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best mineral foundation brush; really creates a flawless face. The animal hair bristles pick up so much more product than taklon or nylon bristles, which is thrifty. I thought the brush was a little scratchy when I first started using it because I was used to synthetic brushes, but now it's soft and fluffy. I'm seriously considering buying a second.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by pcsnoopy28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush! hands down the best brush I have used for mineral makeup. I actually bought it off a review I read for mineral makeup on Amazon that suggested it. I use to use the BE kabuki brushes but they shed and deteriorate quickly after daily use and regular cleanings. I would have to always replace it every few months. This brush is a dream. Well made, quality bristles that don't shed, and does not deteriorate after cleanings! I usually clean my makeup brushes weekly. It also makes my mineral makeup go on so well and non-cakey.

It is a pricey brush that retails for $45. Trust me, I tried to find a website that sold it cheaper but couldn't find one...lol. Dermstore carries this brush for $45, but if you create and account and add it to your favorites you save 10% and shipping is always free!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Janette4

Pros:
Grabs foundation evenly
Distributes evenly
Does not shed
Super soft
I've had it for more than 2 years and still in great condition

Cons:
Price

Recommended by the gal that matched my Jane Iredale Powder. I thought it was soft and applied nicely. I've had it for some time and I will repurchase if anything happened to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

THE BEST!!!! for mineral powder or bronzer. this brush is very soft, amazingly and it works so well for loose powder and gives full coverage. easy grip, short handle -easy to maneuver. this is made from goat hair, natural. be careful when washing, i heard that the glue comes off easily. i have tried many brushes, this is hands down, THE BEST!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush years ago and it's held up really well. I use it for any type of mineral foundation. The bristles are incredibly soft and any product gets evenly distributed. My only complaint is that it's hard to clean. I find I have to wash it with cleanser about 5 separate times to get out all of the powder that had settled deep down in the base of the brush.

I would purchase again if anything happened to this brush, but honestly it's lasted for so many years without a replacement that I see a repurchase only if I lost it and not due to wear and tear. Definitely worth the price tag when I factor how long I've had it!