October 1, 2014 | 1314 users online

Conditioner - Frederic Fekkai - Protein Rx Reparative Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by nina232

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

My hair type:
-virgin hair on top and colored lowlights on the ends (so I had some split/dry ends)
-black hair color
-used to be soft but now its dry on the ends and oily at the top
-abundance: a lot of hair made up of many thin strands

PRO:
Smells really good like Moroccan oil shampoo.
I have used many of the variety of the Fekkai line. Its a miracle after the first two weeks maybe. The hair feels soft, looks shiny, and feels thin (comb-able) = salon-like finish.

CON: After months of using this my sister and I began to realize that it no longer had the amazing effect that it used to have. My hair did get more of a prettier selena gomez wave and structure as opposed to looking dead.

Bottom line: NOT MY HOLY GRAIL, going to try Redken cleansing cream and all soft shampoo and conditioner based off of lots of research and its reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My go to conditioning system. My hair is left so shiny and bouncy while not weighed down at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so the last couple of weeks I`ve been using ONLY Frederic F products. I can`t believe how well they WORK! :-) If you have damaged hair from coloring/perming/heat styling, this will really help you. I bought the Protein RX shampoo and after the very 1st wash my hair was improved like never before! I run back and got the conditioner too. Smells like vanilla, great consistency, you only need a bit so it will last a bit longer ($25), the only thing to watch for that you can add too much protein to your hair, if you use it with the shampoo constantly, and you feel like your hair is dry after it gets dry, next time use a different shampoo or conditioner, and then you can go back to this. What I do, I use ONLY the Protein RX shampoo and alternate between the Protein RX conditioner and the Technician Color Care conditioner... :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Natalya121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing HG product. I purchased this from John Lewis on a whim before I went on holiday as my hair is highlighted, fine, dry and very damaged and I wanted something on holiday that would help to keep it smooth and soft when washing it everyday after swimming in chlorine and saltwater. I didnít expect to find a product that would actually work. I swam everyday on holiday and my hair as soon as I put this on wash like silk and my ends were not frazzled and horribly split. I have continued to use this at home and it is absolutely fantastic. I use it every wash and you only need a tiny bit. After washing my hair I do use another product to keep it smooth (Shu Uemura hair oil) but without anything it is still easy to brush and if I let it dry naturally it is very soft and the ends are sealed. I normally have a hair cut when I get home from a holiday but I have now been back a month and have not needed one. This really is a lovely product. I also use the 3 minute repair mask once a week which is also lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by kimbuyah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my my my, is this yummy!!!! Plenty of this brand is up for swaps but who wants to swap with a sweet and generous newbie like me? Survey says....freakin' no one. So, hey, who cares, I got Sephora to swap with me. I gave them cash and they gave me this unbelievably fantastic conditioner and they also included some pretty righteous extras too. Wow, smells amazing! I've been looking for a good detangling conditioner for my curly , frizzy hair and this is incredible and did I mention how amazing it smells? Even if you use it the day before yesterday, your hair will still smell fantastic and you'll get little whiffs of the sweetest fragrance and then you'll go ," oh yeah, it's my hair". Even if it made my hair nappy, I think I'd still get this as it's the best smelling hair product ever and I was a shampoo girl and hairdresser for years so I've smelled tons of conditioners. Insanely wonderful product. It makes my hair shiny and silky . I even used it as lotion today. Now I know they make one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by uskd022

This conditioner is amazing. My hair is so over processed (bleach, hair dye) and over heat styled everyday. This made my hair silky soft, helped with frizz, and I noticed less hair breakage/fallout in the shower. I love the whole protein rx line.. its wonderful and has a wonderful warm vanilla scent! Way better than the Aveda damage remedy I was using in scent and performance. In fact its better than anything I've ever tried, I just absolutely fell in love with it from the first time I used it. I will definitely buy this conditioner over and over until my hair is back to health (which maybe then I'll have to look for other Fekkai products) or unless they change the formula--I hope they never do!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by joy18

I have straightened, dyed, and highlighted waist length hair. It has been sadly abused due to almost daily backcombing and styling with curling and flat irons for the past two or three years. I bought this with the RX shampoo and after three uses my hair was more silky and manageable. However, after two months of use, I still have breakage and split ends. Combined with the price that's one lippie off in my opinion. Also halfway through it gets kind of hard to sqeeze the product out of the bottle. I'll probably buy it again though, at least until I can find something better. Bottom line, though this works great, it's not a miracle in a bottle. At least not for someone with hair as damaged as mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jnjules

I like this SO much better than the shampoo. This smells awesome (like vanilla cake) and works very well to make the hair feel VERY smooth and look shiny. I find that I can't use it very often b/c my hair is protein sensitive and this conditioner has a ton of different proteins in it. If I use it too much, my hair will get dry, but for someone with very damaged hair, I think this would work very well. However, I think that you can get better professional salon products that work just as well for a lot less $$$ b/c you're basically paying for the Fekkai name on the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Gosh, it seems like I have the best luck with Frederic Fekkai products. Of course they have to be the most expensive - blah! The only line I didn't care for at all was the Shea Butter. This product along with the Anti-Breakage Treatment mask and the Glossing line has completely transformed the health of my hair. Prior to these products, my hair was dull, flat, dry, and had tons of breakage. The first line I tried was the Glossing and that transformed my hair into shining silk, but I was still having trouble with breakage, so I tried the Protein RX line. Instant love. These are the only protein products that have REALLY helped with breakage. It takes a few uses to completely stop the breakage, however, I use these products sparingly, because I know what a protein overload can do to your hair. My hair tells me when I need to use the Protein RX products, and once I do, the breakage stops. These products have allowed me to continue to grow my hair out. Without them, I'd cry!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by svetlana89

This is a great product! I used just as directed, applied onto my shampooed hair and combed it through. I could already notice a difference! My split ends seemed to have mended together and overall my hair feels great! Smells like vanilla oatmeal. It was my HG til I discovered Joico Kpak and Aphogee. For about 20$ it's rather pricey, and there are definitely alternatives, so i'm taking one lippie off for that.