September 22, 2014 | 1261 users online

Pressed Powders - Sally Hansen - Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy Luminous Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish it wasn't discontinued.

I found the Neutralizer (in yellow) at a cheap drugstore shop in Brisbane and snatched it up for $10. Amazed with this product, it definitely does tone down any redness and brings your skin tone to a more matte but not dull finish.

However, not suitable for flaky skin. I noticed it brings it out more if I apply the powder on a flaky zone.

Very nice feel to the finish & best of all, I have no issue with this being on my skin unlike several other face powders which irritate my skin.

Seeking on Amazon (shocked at the price) for refill.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by yeseniax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder when it wsa 75% off at CVS. I really wish I would've got more. I got the powder in Meduim and it goes over so nicely to set my foundation. It's the perfect shade and leaves my skin looking so smooth and most importantly matte. I don't can't speak about it being luminous like it says but I'm glad it's not. If you like a matte face I really reccomend this. I've heard it's being dis-continued though.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

Are you serious. This is thee worst powder ever.
The only problem with this powder is that it emphasizes all the flakies! And yes i exfoliated...and moisturized..aand did everything possible and it just shows ALL the flakiez in natural lighting...
Other than that it makes your face super smooth but uhmm...flaky skin no thank you.
It went rihht back to cvs

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by sophiera

Never buy this stuff again! I don't know if Shoppers sells too expesive, I bought this for CAD$21.99! When I tried in counter, it's pretty fine, but when I went home, it was totally different! And when I applied on my face, the pores were so clear that I want took it back to Shoppers! So dispointed! I advise the others DO NOT but this any more!
Sorry, I forgot to say: It's so smelly! Definitely ASS smell! That's another important reason I want to throw it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

One - I am shocked to read these negative reviews.
Two - I can only comment on the yellow Neutralizer powder.
Three - I am just BEGGING that this product is not discontinued, and right now I have only found it at one CVS near me in DC and limited color selection at that...
because Four - This is seriously the best setting powder I have ever found.

It evens out my pale-with-redness complexion, and does not settle into fine lines (HALLELUJAH!), seems to minimize pores, it is like a SUPER POWDER.

I cannot say whether it emphasizes flakes, I tend to do both physical and chemical exfoliation during the week due to my skin shedding really fast so I typically do not have dry skin or flakies.

Talk about FINELY MILLED!!! I apply with my MAC 109 brush to set my under eye makeup so it won't crease and to dust the creases of my nose and set any concealer on random blemishes, then just do a quick sweep with a kabuki for setting my foundation.
It is the only thing that has kept my under eye concealer from creasing, AND does not make my under eye area look like a dry desert.
I love MAC Skin Finish Natural for when I need a boost of coverage, but for just setting, this is just as good or better.

When I am having a good skin day, all I need is some neutralizing primer and then a quick dusting of this!

When I wore powder foundations, I used to blend this into my skin before the foundation, as sort of a neutralizing powder primer to reduce redness (I am NW10-15, so redness shows big time). This was not the best way to use this product, as it made my powder foundation cakey upon application. But now that I use it as a finishing powder, I could not be happier.

SALLY HANSEN IF YOU ARE LISTENING, PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE!!!
This powder is one of the best drug stores values around.

My profile, for FYI:
NW10/15, cool toned, blue eyes, normal/oily skin, 3a fine but coarse curly hair but I wear straight thanks to keratin treatments!

EDIT: Ok, this is a great powder, with the following exceptions: 1. It doesn't control oil whatsoever. I have cakey oily forehead after just 3-4 hours : ( and 2. The yellow Neutralizer shade is FAR TOO YELLOW for me. I like "yellowing out" my pink undertones, but it just looks far too unnatural to wear out on the regular.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by geektastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't use pressed powder very often, but when I do this works fine. I use Neutralizer, the yellow one, and it is fairly translucent on my Asian NC25 skin (light/medium. I am not really sure how luminous it is, but true it is not a dry matte. I don't have either raves or complaints. I like this and it gets the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by angelcake910

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got "Neutralizer", the yellow one.

I would strongly recommend this to anyone that had a same problem like I did - every foundation/powder turning out pink or orange xD Thank God I found this Powder, because I didn't know what to do with my yellow-tone skin. I'm so happy!

The powder it self's quality is not bad at all either. Very smooth & nice Matt finish, evens out my skin well,...which I like alot since I have oily skin.

I'm almost finished with my first one, Going to buy it again very soon :)))

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by msbailie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm quite disappointed with this powder. I had already bought the liquid makeup and lip gloss in this line, and loved them both. When I needed a new pressed powder, I thought I'd give this a try.
First, it was difficult to find a shade that worked for me. 'Light' was actually too light for me - a first, since I am very fair-skinned! The next shade up was too dark. I decided to go for the lighter shade, and just work harder at blending it.
But the clincher for me is that it doesn't keep me shine free at all. I have a very oily T-zone, with large pores, and I get shiny very easily. I hate that. This powder loses its mattifiers almost instantly, to the point that I actually emailed the company over it, which I only do if I'm *really* disappointed. It's been over a week and I've yet to hear back. For the price (it's not Cover Girl, but it's not up there with Benefit or MAC, either) I would expect to remain shine-free for more than 15 minutes.
I like the shape of the applicator sponge - I'm going to hang on to it. It gets into eye corners and nose creases better than a round applicator. But that's the only good point to this powder that I found.

*EDIT* Just after posting this, I heard back from the company saying that they were sorry I was disappointed, and that they would be sending me some free coty product to make it up to me, and that it would arrive in 4 - 6 weeks. It arrived today. 3 rimmel lip glosses. I'm not a fan of rimmel and their goopy, sparkly glosses, but hey. Free is free! I'm impressed that they made the effort.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this product by itself without foundation and it made my skin look dull and ashen. I don't see where the 'luminious' comes in. It's probably old since it was on sale at CVS for 75% off. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by dsbbhome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this pressed powder. I bought it at the same time as the SH Natural Beauty Your Skin Foundation. Used together, I have the best finish that I have ever gotten from a liquid foundation and powder. This powder sets the foundation well, and takes any oily spots and dispatches with them quickly. If I have used a bit too much and my face looks dry, I simply mist my face with toner. This powder does exactly what a powder is supposed to do...sets the liquid makeup and gives a flawless foundation to build on top of.
It comes in a great package with the sponge separated from the powder. The sponge washes out great, so refills of it are not necessary. The sponge holds quite a bit of powder so use a light hand when applying.