September 21, 2014 | 1983 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Chisel Angle Fluff Shadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why the reviews for this brush are so terrible. Maybe I was lucky and got a better quality one, but I found my brush to be extremely dense! It's very fluffy, less than 1 centimeter wide, but almost 1/2 a centimeter thick.

It's a very short brush, but that doesn't bother me. If anything, it makes it a great travel brush.

I find the bristles to be very soft, it applies colour very evenly. I like it a lot!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by bmoviebloodbath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is quite possibly one of the worst brushes I've ever used. This thing is pretty much useless. The only positive thing about this brush is that the bristles are soft and they won't poke your eyes. I feel that the picture of the brush is a bid deceptive. It looks to me like it's much fuller in the photo. When I received it, it was so flimsy, when I tried to apply shadow to my lids, I could feel the metal of the handle on my lid. Also, don't expect this brush to deposit any color onto your lids; and if there is any color on your lids already, this brush will be sure to remove it. I'm glad I only spent 2 dollars on this POS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually love this brush. I don't have MAC's 272 or 275 brushes, so I wanted something similar. This brush does what I need it to: I apply my shadows in the outer V and crease with this brush. It picks up the pigment well and deposits it satisfactorily. I don't feel a need to get a more expensive brush when this will do. No, it's not as dense as MAC's brushes, but it works for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I heartily agree with the previous reviewer's comments about this brush. It is pretty disappointing. Although the handle and general construction appears to be well-made, especially for such a cheap brush, where it sorely lacks is bristle density. (Actually, this is a general trend for CS brushes - just not quite as dense as you might expect, like, or be used to, if you are accustomed to MAC brushes) It is just a *smidge* more dense than the kind of brushes you get for free with GWPs. It is functional, but far from ideal. You can apply shadow OK, but I would much prefer it if the bristles offered more resistance and density to better pack on color. One can certainly get a much better brush at Target for just a little more money or even the same price. It gets the job done, but in this case, you do get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by KarmAttack

I thought this would be very similar to the MAC 272 brush which I use all the time and love, but alas it is not. It's not very dense, doesn't pick up enough eyeshadow, and doesn't deposit the product as well as the 272. For $2.00 it might be good enough for a cheap travel brush or to have one as an extra when you are too lazy to clean your other eye brushes, but it's not the greatest. Especially for using in the crease it just kind of flops around and doesn't deposit the colour placement precisely.

I would not repurchase.