Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaterniu,-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33, Blue 1. (2011 formulation)

on 1/22/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was getting very upset that something was wrong with me because my hair is normally very soft and light, but after using this shampoo a few times I had a very waxy film on my hair form. No matter how much I washed my hair with this shampoo, it would not go away. I consulted with my sister, whom is a cosmetologist, and she told me it is probably my shampoo and to get a cleansing shampoo. It took 2 washes to get rid of this waxy film. My long term relationship shampoo and conditioner are both at least half full, and they are now both in the trash. If you need a good cleansing shampoo, I read Suave is cheap, however it is the best out there. This is what I used and it worked wonders. I can finally feel better every day knowing my hair doesn't look flat and greasy. One thing is for sure, this kind of shampoo and conditioner really does form a "long term relationship", just not the type us ladies are seeking!

on 11/17/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I love the scent of this shampoo but i dont think it makes your hair longer. Combined with the conditioner your hair is left clean and untangeled.

on 8/29/2014 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

OK scent but did nothing great as far as the condition of my hair.
I did not notice any less breakage then before either.

on 7/3/2014 1:06:00 AM

Left a disgusting film on my hair that made my roots feel really oily but my ends really dry. Also made my scalp itchy. Definitely wouldn't buy again.

on 4/9/2014 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this Shampoo (and the matching conditioner) because I do have longer hair and I like keeping it long and soft. After the first few uses I liked this shampoo because of the gentle cleansing and the nice scent, BUT, like many other reviewers have mentioned, after about a week or so my scalp began breaking out like crazy and turned oily and full of residue. Nothing was working to get rid of this nasty feeling in my hair. I used the entire bottle just because I hated wasting it, but never again. I would only use this shampoo if I was completely desperate and there was nothing else available.

on 4/3/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The good point of this shampoo is just smell great! Thai's all :(
My hair's getting dry, frizzy but my scalp is getting oily.
Say good bye to this shampoo forever, will not re purchase.

My best friend is AA and she is what is colloquially known in the AA community as natural and she recommended this conditioner to me as a detanglishing rinse. This modelesque woman was afro textured hair that is very long and healthy (sooo jelly of my beautiful bestie) she says this helps to removes knots.

on 2/7/2014 10:26:00 PM

I had high hopes for it despite some of the bad reviews I had read but I got really disappointed by this shampoo! The first two washes it was really nice, smelt heavenly and made my hair feel so soft. I then began to notice that at my roots it would leave a weird filmy oily residue that just felt icky! Needless to say I did not feel clean. I also found that it had began to actually dry out my hair and was irritating my scalp and causing it to itch and flake which is weird for a girl who has never had issues with any shampoos. I think maybe since I like the smell so much I might keep the conditioner or mix it with my tresemme conditioner...who knows! Over all I do not think it is a good product and won't be getting it ever again.

on 12/21/2013 2:39:00 AM

The only good thing about this shampoo is that it smells great. However this makes my scalp so itchy and flaky. My hair becomes super oily the next day. I notice a lot of hair fall when I use this shampoo. I guess the ingredients are too harsh for my scalp. Use at your own risk. Will not repurchase

on 11/2/2013 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I am always adding this back into my hair care routine. It's soft, hydrating and smells great. When used with it's sister conditioner, it's the best combination for the least money for long hair.

Top Rated Clairol Products