April 18, 2014 | 1013 users online

Moisturizers - Physiogel - Physiogel Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by thegabrielerheterson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A holy grail product. I couldn't count how many time I have failed to dump this thing and get a new one that I like better. It does feel oily/greasy putting on eventhough how little it was but it leaves my skin baby-soft when I wake up. Nice moisturizer for acne-prone skin. Just a pea-size is enough for the whole face. Love it. Eventhough it says non-camedogenic, I found myself that it could still clog your pore if put on too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my new favorite moisturizer! This is so mild and moisturizing. I thought that the heavy consistency of this cream would make my acne prone and oily skin worst but on the contrary it aided in controlling enough moisture to my skin. For me, this is even better than the other expensive and drugstore moisturizers I tried in the past. It's even better than EL's Advanced Timezone Moisturizer and Hydrationist that both made my skin too oily. Just to give you a brief backgrounder of my skin and regimen, my face is prone to pimples and milia. After reading reviews, I finally found the perfect combos I use Avene Cleanance wash (pm), Physiogel wash (am), Clindamycin Solution as toner (am & pm), Retin A (every other night), sunscreen (am) and this cream (am before sunscreen & pm after Retin A). But be sure to only use pea size of this as excess may only cause your skin to be too oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by durriyah1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying countless products to cure my inflamed/irritated/dehydrated/acne prone skin - this is the product that cured it all! I use the Physiogel cream twice daily after cleansing with my cetaphil (gentle) cleanser and this combination seems to keep away all the redness and pimples... i hope they never discontinue this product!!

At this point I have a few acne scars left (on my cheeks) and i do breakout occasionally but the Physiogel manages to control the breakout.

Again, as everyone's said - its does leave your skin looking oily and shiny...but no product is perfect! Also, i find that it's extra oily around my eyes so I have recently stopped using it there and its helped to get rid of some whiteheads (which i believe were there in the first place because of the physiogel)

And a little goes a long way so my bottle lasts me forever... which is great because this product is not sold in my region...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Cerinah7

This physiogel cream is literally a lifesaver. I have late onset acne in my 20s and after my face gets oily very quickly, clogging my pores and producing cystic acne. My skin type became oily, dehydrated, sensitive. Because of the oiliness I did not dare to use moisturisers as my skin will get clogged up and break out. My dermatologist placed me on doxycycline and differin but my skin felt dehydrated and sensitive and red yet oily! I am pretty sure it was because my skin was dehydrated and needed to produce more oil to compensate. I was prescribed cetaphil as a moisturiser but it makes my skin itch.

Water based cleansers do not hydrate my adequately and I still feel the tightness and itchiness. I have tried several moisturisers from cetaphil (my skin can't even handle that, it gets itchy), to Renew (which began to help) and finally I settled on Physiogel after seeing how it help my friend with eczema around her lips.

Initial application of physiogel felt oily and I was very sceptical. However when I woke up in the morning, my face was soft like a baby and really moisturised. There is no redness and I felt as though I had make up on. I apply a thick layer and it kind of acts as a sleeping mask! And I find it more moisturising than Laneige Sleeping Pack or Dr Ci:Labo Gel (but perhaps they have more whitening benefits). I started to use Renew in the day and physiogel at night

I began to see a change in my skin type. My skin no longer needs to produce extra oil on its own so it gets less clogged. All the past oil bits on my face disappeared and the dehydrated bits are moisturised. I now have a normal, dry skin type. My skin is still sensitive, especially after a bout of exercise and towelling perspiration off my face my skin will flush and feel a slight burning sensation. However after cleansing and application of my differin + physiogel, the redness disappears and my skin feels soothed.

In the day I used biore UV perfect face milk spf 50 PA+++ but I felt that it tends to dry out my skin by mid-day. Biore UV helped to control oil for most people and feels really matte and blends into the skin superbly well but for my dry combi skin it was too drying by midday after being in an airconditioned room and my face started peeling. However ever since I started using physiogel cream in the day time too my skin stopped peeling. I managed to achieve the perfect combination of moisturised matte skin with no redness. Currently I am using Sofina perfect uv (bought it in Japan) and I find it less drying than biore. However it doesn't seem as waterproof so I alternate depending on the type of activity I do.

I only apply a thin layer of physiogel in the morning but I found out that I can get rid of the initial oiliness easily by just dabbing with a bit of oil blotter but it is really not that necessary because the oil doesn't clog pores. I only do that sometimes when I accidentally applied too much and am heading out and doesn't want my face to look shiny.

All in all, physiogel helped to change my skin type from dehydrated, oily to just normal slightly dry skin (I attribute it to my differin). My skin is still sensitive but it is soothed by physiogel. I find that it makes my skin more resilient and I am more tolerant to other products and make up. It acts as a protective barrier against external stresses. I will recommend this to anyone of ANY skin type. It will just heal your skin and convert it to the optimal condition. However as with any product, it is important to get the correct balance.

Pros:
Moisturising
Soothes skin
Heals your skin and makes it more resilient
acts as a barrier against other products and keeps skin moisturised throughout the day
non comedogenic
Great neck cream! haha

Cons:
Oily looking
Not suitable for eyes - I find that I get some milia seeds? I stopped using it on my eyes and used eye gel instead

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Dendaria

I love this cream,it has everything for my skin:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample and ran out to buy a full size. Its amazing and dare i say its as good as my HG Dream Cream from Lush. I have very dry legs, skin overall and this is really moisturizing without being greasy. It does not contain any fragrance which is a major plus for me. My skin feels smooth and moisturized and i believe this does not contain irritating ingredients which is fantastic for sensitive skin. I am a major fan of short ingredient lists and this does. It is pretty pricey but i don't mind if it works.

Free from:

* Perfumes
* Preservatives
* Dyes
* Conventional Emulsifiers
* Silicone
* Mineral oil (Paraffin)

Ingredients:

Water, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Cocos Nucifera, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Butyrospermum Parkii, Hydroxyethlcellulose, Squalane, Sodium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Ceramide 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by fanbu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This one is for Phyisolgel Intensive Cream. I had very very sensitive dry skin with broken capillaries and after putting on some retinol products weeks ago, it got worse. My face became flaky, itchy and burning all the time...I bought the cream because I read some reviews that it can help to build up skin barrier. I put on nothing but this twice daily to help my skin repair itself and it did. Of course It won' do miracles, my capillaries are still there and my face still flares up during shower or exercise, but my skin is now moisturized and much stronger than before. I read on some blogs that people with sensitive skin can use it before you put on some other "strong" creams with anti-aging or antioxidant effects etc to create some sort of protection on your skin and it has a whole variety of products from lotion to cream to intensive cream at fairly reasonable price. Think I will stick to this brand for quite a long time and it will be available forever....If you have sensitive dry skin, you have to try this

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I have eczema and this is the only that has the right properties of everything (someone listed them all below, just go check that out) and emollient to keep eczema at bay.

I am healing thanks to physiogel. Please be available forever.

I use this on my body and face. Have been using this for.... at least 2.5 years now, unable to count the bottles I've had.
I've tried the lotion version but like the cream version better.

On another note, I've tried A.I and that makes me itch, I don't know why....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by chuchikazawa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

+ moisturises well; remember to apply a thin film only
+ does not break me out
+ hypoallergenic
+ contains coconut fruit juice, shea butter, squalene, and ceramide 3
+ a 75g tube last for several months
+ i think this helped balance my skin

i will never change moisturisers again, this is the first time in my life i'm not experiencing acne

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by alinalin

great moisturizer that treats my face really well
This makes my face smoother, doesnt break me out, cheap, available anywhere, travel friendly, subtle scent.
sometimes used it on my body (mix a bit with water), get moisturized all day.
Doesnt treat my acne scar though.. yeahh, its not supposed to, but i just expecting much.
Look forward to AI physiogel cream next.

Anyway, im such a skincare fetish. whenever i went to drugstore or sasa, or dept store skincare section. i must spent soooo many minutes just to take a look over new products, ingredients, testers, check the ratings on MUA.
amazed how 1 skinline will procure so many skin care product just for a face! ( i got time for skincare scheming, but i dont have time to apply sooo many product over my face everyday of my life)
so the verdict:
i believe there are good budget skincare that works same/better than dept.store skincare. and im on it rite now.
Only 2 rating for skin care: work or doesnt work.
I think alternate my skincare every 4/6month is better than stick to same product forever. cz skin will eventually used to the regimen and the regimen effect would lose its effect little by little.