November 23, 2014 | 1866 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Pressed Powder in Fairly Light Golden

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used other products from this company with success but I cannot recommend this one. If you have any imperfections (large pores, fine lines, a zit, dry skin....anything pretty much) this product will make it look WORSE. The issue being that it never seems to "sink in" and blend with the skin. It goes on very thick despite sparing application and just sort of sits on top like unblended liquid foundation. This makes it migrate and it pools on the skin throughout the day. I tried primer, moisture, everything and could not get it to look normal. It's a shame because the price is right and the case is really well designed.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This a review for the pressed compact in LIGHT with the new plastic compact. First off, I like the almost cream-powder texture of this makeup as well as the new white plastic compact . If you have not bought the pressed powder in the new compact, I think most will be happy with the new design. When you open the lid, there is a plastic divider on top that will hold a thin sponge and help keep the powder clean.

UPDATE I have decided to return this as I feel the foundation is now too dark for me and I have noticed EM foundation has added a new ingredient that seems to be causing problems with my skin overnight. Same with the NEWLY FORMULATED LOOSE POWDER FOUNDATION. WTEFF?? Also on moral
convictions as their cs seems to be going downhill as far as returns---I dont know if I will ever order from them again.
unless they can show they have taken this out or offer an alternative without this ingredient.

On another note: Kabuki brushes while soft are coming apart I have noticed eh.

This was once my ''go to'' mm company but maybe their are getting too big and forgetting what once made them good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

Great Product. If your wearing EDM Light Olive or Golden Medium this will match you. I wear Light Olive during winter and Golden Medium in the Summer. I wear intensive or matte formula. If your look for greater coverage than intensive this stuff is the way to go. When i wear intensive foundations my red marks from post acne are covered but on some lighting you can see them still. This stuff covers them up completely. Be very light handed because of the very heavy coverage this may leave you cakey.

What I do is after i apply this with my kabuki brush i spritz my face or the brush and blend it in. I also use this as a concealer and works great as applying it as concealer and then applying loose minerals over it.

I really love this and the coverage. The main thing is the packaging is IFFY and it needs to go. Hopefully EDM fixes this problem soon, but other than that great product!!

Also another con there seems to a smell from this im thinking its the jojoba oil. It goes away after 20mins of application for me, smells weird but in a good way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by veronicakeith

After reading reviews for this pressed mineral foundation, I really didn't expect much. I ordered a custom kit and added this foundation so I could give it a try. While I love mineral makeup, I hate how messy it is. I was very pleasantly suprised about this product. The coverage was perfect on my skin. A little really goes a long way, and it easily blends and covers imperfections. It also lasted all day without re-application. Not only that, but it cut my foundation application time in half. No breakouts on my sensitive acne-prone skin either! Only down-side- the cardboard packaging leaves a little to be desired. I'm going to keep an eye out for a plastic compact that I might be able to put this in. Over all- Wonderful product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by selecu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, this is the worst packaging I've ever seen. The cardboard container is flimsy and I actually popped the top out by accident. As another reviewer said, it's also hard to close.

Now on to the actual product...it covers nicely, but this is not the color for me. Maybe it will work better in the summer. It covers my acne (as well as I could expect from a powder anyway) and has a nice finish. However, it smells a little funny...kind of "dirty." Maybe it's just the one I got. Because of the coverage and convenience of pressed powder, I think I'd repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by androniki

I ordered this because I hate the messiness of loose mineral foundation and because EM has worked for me in the past. However, I was VERY disappointed. The shade didn't match (which was my fault anyway), but the texture was chalky, my face looked like a mask and it broke me out on the forehead. Not the acne I'm used to anyway, but little itching red spots that stayed on for days. I used the product twice and the same thing happened both times. I felt very uncomfortable wearing it and I'd never buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by wen05

I like EVM's loose mineral powder better. This one is alright on my sensitive skin, but the color is not right on me, it's too light. And the packaging is sloppy. They have nice plastic containers for the loose powder, but what happened to this one!? I couldn't get the cover back on properly after the first time I opened it. I'll not repurchase the pressed powder, but I'll go for the loose powder instead.
Edit: After giving a 2nd try, the colors actually looks better after a while. It looks fair at first but after a while there's a nice natural coverage. EVM really needs to work on the packaging. Otherwise this is a really good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by skydive33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really good powder, although it was a bit too light for me, i'm more like buttered tan or golden medium, but i use this to conceal wide areas with my buffer brush and it works just well :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by valeriana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This wasn't the right shade for me. This is the 2nd EM foundation that I've tried and I've been disappointed both times. The other one was an Original Glo loose foundation. Both were too light, too shimmery, chalky (even with moisturizer) and highlighted fine lines/blemishes. The coverage on the pressed powder is good but even so, I would only recommend it to people with good skin.

I'm just so frustrated. I've been searching for an HG pressed/compact powder foundation and still haven't found one! I don't know if I should try EM a 3rd time (maybe hope to find the right shade?) or if I should just move on. SIGH...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kissmark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this compact. I can't use traditional foundation (breaks me out), and hate the messiness of loose mineral foundation, so my options are limited to the few brands that make mineral pressed foundation. For the last 3 years I have been using the Jane Iredale Pressed. I liked it but it was getting too expensive for me, so I decided to looking for a cheaper alternative. Everyday Minerals loose powder foundation always got good raves, but the pressed powder got very mixed reviews. Plus, the only EM powder I've tried previously, the silk finishing dust, broke me out. So I was really hesitant to try it. But as my JI was running out, I finally decided to give it a try. As a previous reviewer mentioned, the finish is a little dewy (probably due to the jojoba oil). I always tried to stay away from dewy finish foundations because I don't want to look greasy and shiny, but this one is just right and I actually prefer this over JI, which is matte and chalky. The coverage is also heavier than JI. This foundation really makes my skin flawless with a healthy glow. A male coworker even commented that I look like I just came back from vacation, and asked why I look so relax - maybe because of the glow? It covers up all my imperfections and makes my pores less noticable. No breakouts either.

My skintone is NC20/25 and I ordered two, in Fairly Light Golden and Fairly Yellow. The Fairly Light Golden is a tad dark for me, while the Fairly Yellow is slightly light. But I think I can use one for the summer and one for the winter.

The only thing that bothers my about this foundation is the packaging. It is too flimsy to carry around for touch ups during the day, and I'm not sure if it's strong enough to carry on trips. The powder is not as tightly pressed as some others and when I apply with a brush, the top layer always comes loose. But I can deal w/ all these and still think the product is 5 lippies. I don't know if it'll look good during the really hot/humid Japanes summer, but for now, it's perfect.