November 28, 2014 | 859 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Bent Eyeliner Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this brush every day for about a year to apply my gel liner. While I really did like it and the finished look it created, I found that it took a lot longer than an angled brush due to my hooded lids. Every time I'd draw a wing, the line would wiggle; it was also difficult to keep the bristles against the lash line all the way across. As a result, I'd often have to thicken my liner to compensate for stray curves that I didn't want. This does produce the thinnest line of any brush, however it also necessitates a very steady hand and likely works best for winged liner on non-hooded eyes. The best angle I've found is to draw with the 'back' of the brush, laying it flat against the lash line and dragging gently. I still reach for the Bent Liner brush when I need to touch up my liner, but the actual application is easier for me with a regular angled brush.

Pros:
* can draw a very delicate line
* bent angle makes it far less intimidating coming toward your eye
* very precise
* durable (has been washed and spot cleaned regularly)
* great price
* never splayed or fuzzed

Cons:
* requires a steady hand for clean lines
* difficult to use for tightlining

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by gabbybradley95

I've had this brush for a month and it's already starting to lose its shape and become floppy and frayed. When I first started using this brush, it had a very stiff shape that made it easy to apply a distinct line with gel liner. The fact that it was bent also helped when creating a wing. That original stiffness is now gone. Maybe I've overloaded the brush with product? I'm not sure, but the stiff point of the brush is now frayed and split. This makes it super difficult to make a straight, thin line. I gave this 3 stars because I don't feel like this is a complete fail of a product. It was great at the beginning! Maybe I did something wrong? Lol I still have hope that I can make this work because I'm tired of my gel liner looking sloppy. I want it to look the way it used to when I first got the brush. Is there any way for someone to reply to this review and possibly give me their opinion. I'm new to MakeupAlley

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Redhairedgoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased this brush at my local target for around $5 and I have to say I'm in love! I wasn't sure I would like this idea of using a bent eyeliner brush but once you get the hang it makes your cat eye so much easier! This brush is good quality, hasn't shed. The brush itself is made well and looks sleek, and the precision capable with this brush is AWESOME! Would definitely recommend this and re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ilyvivimouse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when I finally got my hands on this brush because every time I go to Target itís always out of stock. The only reason why I wanted to try this brush was because Fashionista804 featured it in her videos (I always think her eyeliner looks great). But when I tried it, I donít like it at all. Probably because the brush is really thick, or maybe Iím not using it correctly. In the end I still love my Mac 210 for applying my eyeliner, especially great for doing a cat eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This makes applying gel liner much easier than using a regular eyeliner brush, very useful to have. It cost about $6, which isn't too bad of a price. Can be found at any Target store.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is pretty good. I hate to be the one here saying I hate this because I don't and I use it every time I wear eyeliner but I really cant say I love this. I don't know why but personally I find it seems a little floppy. But it has held up really well for it being like a year old.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Mikeswife

I don't know where I've been, but this is the first bent eyeliner brush I've ever owned and I am pretty floored by how easy it makes applying product.

Price--super. I think I paid $6 at Target.

Packaging--decent. The brush comes with one of those small plastic sleeves over the bristles that gets lost within three days of opening the package.

Application--great. This is my first foray into using a separate brush for eyeliner (normally use wand products) and it really makes it so easy to get right on the lashline. Works great and so far I don't see a need to shell out big bucks to get one that's more name brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the downer here but I don't like this brush at all. I found the bristles to be too floppy and long to create a thin line. It didn't give me much control to do a cat eye or even just a flick. I'd prefer bristles a bit shorter and stiffer. I do love the bent angle feature as you can see what you are doing as you are doing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I'm a total klutz while applying make-up. Eyeliner is the only eye make-up I can apply and I love a good cat eye with my intense lip colour. Totally chic! This brush is the best thing for applying gel eyeliners. Easy to control and the angled brush makes it easy for you to watch what you're doing. I would have liked the brush to be a little stiffer though.

It's pretty cheap so it does fray a bit and shed after some months, even though I rarely use it, but overall, a great buy!

Update: I've had this for about 3-4 years. It frays and sheds quite a bit and I don't know how much longer it will be effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by sll74

simple but effective brush. the bristles stay together tightly and i have total control over my line. i bought this along with the other sonia k eyeliner brush and i have to say i'm happy with both. actually the white handle makes it easy to spot and pull out of my brush jar which is nice. totally worth the price. if/when need a new one i wouldn't hesitate to buy another.