September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Polishes - OPI - Dutch Tulips

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cutest color for a pedicure if you have fair, pinkish skin. I found the wear to be typical overall of OPI polishes. It's a pretty bright, intense color, so I'm not sure I'd want to wear it as a manicure, but I could see myself wearing it as a pedi all summer. Could be paired with pink as well as red fingernails, although it's more of a red than a pink itself. I've been wearing it with Illamasqua Fire Rose on my fingers, and it's looked really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Although I'm really a total klutz in the application of polishing my nails..and my nails in general are brittle, I get my nails done (sorry--acrylic nail tips) at the nail place on a regular basis...and the one nail polish I ALWAYS go to is OPI's "Dutch Tulips". I like a classic red nail. There is something elegant, classic and chic about a red nail--but it needs to be the right shade of red. For my fair skin--any red with traces of orange just don't work with my skin tone. Dutch Tulips is a red that is blue based, but the color itself almost borders on the deepest pink or raspberry. It is a true red though. I can pick this color out in any row of the reds that the nail place I go to has on display. The color is truly beautiful. In addition, it is a very intense shade that really only needs one coat. Hopefully OPI will never discontinue this shade--it would be a shame if they did.
In fact, now I'm thinking-- I need to purchase a few bottles of this to bring when I get my nails done--Just in case!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by HairWaves

I love all OPI nail polishes. They are long wear and quick to apply. The price is a little on the high side but worth it! This shade is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

First I loved the name of this nail polish and than the color which is not as red as some people describe here. I mean it is red with pink undertones that you can notice only if you are outside in the sunlight. Application is beautiful one coat is already enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is so far the most gorgeous red shade I've got. It's more of red rather than pink though. At first I wanted to buy a pink shade, but when I apply it on my nails it shows more of red. However the color is so gorgeous so I want to keep it in my OPI collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by susjs

I won't be wearing this colour but it deserves a good rating for ease of application and full, smooth opacity after applying one or two coats. I do love OPI's wider brush and smoother consistency than many of my Essie colours. Dutch Tulips is just not my colour--although it appeared pinky-red in the bottle, on my nails it's more of a true, blue-based red against my NC20-ish skin tone. A word of caution--this was more difficult to remove than any of my other dark polishes and left a slight red stain on my nails, even though I used a good base coat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

This is by far the best red nail varnish I have used, and I have tried loads. It is a bright red but without looking pink/coral.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Maui52

I absolutelly love this color. After having it for a month, I bought second bottle, because it was in sale and I was worried that it will be ended. It is a bright ping-red color, very shiny, makes my day much better :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was looking for a nice bluish red so had someone help me choose. They suggested something else and Dutch Tulips. This was suggested to me awhile ago already so I bought it this time. At the store, it looked red but now that I've tried it on and had seen the bottle in different lighting, it looks reddish fuchsia. May have to go back and get that other red -- whatever its name. I love OPI though because the brush is so wide that I only need to swipe twice (I keep my nails short and my nails are fairly petite). The paint consistency is runny enough that a bottle will last a long time…and it doesn't dry out even after a year. I only need one layer to get true color. Worth the price! Gave a high rating because it's a beautiful color even if it wasn't what I was looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by preeti6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I don't own this product, I just got a manicure with this color. It is a nicely opaque (with two coats) pinky red/blue-based red. It looks great on tan skin, the perfect summer color for mani and/or pedi. Does seem to be getting tip wear much sooner than I would like (within a day). Very pretty summer red, though!