Stila Peony Convertible Color

Stila Peony Convertible Color
Stila convertible color (cc)in peony

4.4

Camellia: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Pal

on 9/2/2017 8:15:00 AM

I love cream blushes and this is blush is probably my favourite out of my collection.

The packaging is really sleek and compact. With my makeup bag already kind of full, I love the fact that this doesn't take up too much space.

The product is really creamy and applies very easily. You definitely don't have to rub this blush in aggressively like some cream blushes. You can literally just pat it on to your cheeks and you're left with a beautiful light flush that can be built up if you like.

I've applied this using a brush and a beauty blender. Both work well but I honestly prefer my hands. Regardless of how you apply, this product gives you a nice, natural looking flush with a bit of a healthy sheen to it. It's so versatile and I love that it warms up my pale skin.

If you're looking for an easy to apply cream blush that will give you a healthy, natural looking glow this is definitely a product worth purchasing.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product is a classic neutral blush, IMHO. It looks very dewy and healthy on the skin, and it is sheer to buildable for the right amount of glow. It is very creamy, but there is also a little bit of waxiness to it, which I think makes it adhere to the skin a little better. I do recommend this for fans of neutral blushes and for people who want a more natural-looking glow.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ah Stila Peony Convertible...1 of their best-selling most famous products after the Kitten merchandise but this is quintessential Stila at its best! I own some Stila MU, not a ton of it, but in addition, 2 Convertibles palettes (sunrise & sunset which have 5 convertibles each) they neglected to include peony! Just guess they figured ev1 had it already (?) I did not so I ordered it separately. It is so cute! I'm a sucker for anything w cute packaging & anything that will travel well/throw in my bag. Check, check! Thx 4 the mirror, Stila! The color is a nice pink brown it's the nicest color IMO of the convertibles I have ten others due to those palettes. The convertibles are staples for me! I will rebuy until the end of time lolz long wearing, natural flush & good lip color. I fill in my lips w Kevyn Aucoin The Flesh lipliner "Medium" 1st. Use any MLBB pencil. I love versatile products. The pan looks small thou I think within 6 mos I will be done w it way down into pan? But I got 10 other convertibles ;-)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The color is beautiful and great for my fair/medium skin that's particular lackluster in the winter months. My biggest complaint is that I really need to pack on this color in order to see anything. I also have Petunia and that color payoff is far better, which is why I'm surprised I really need to keep applying just to get the faintest bit of color. I only recommend this for fair skin tones because medium/deep skin tones won't see anything. Apart from that, this color is perfect. Not too obvious. With my dark hair and fair skin I feel very "English rose" when wearing this color. It doesn't make my cheeks too red or pink. I just wish it was more pigmented. I'm not sure I'd buy again because I'd be too tempted to find another cream blush in the same family that's more pigmented.

on 7/22/2016 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love blush and I have over $50 colors so I know what works for me and what doesn't. That being said, blush isn't the type of thing you can buy and know right away if it works or not. Often I buy a blush, love it, and find out it changed color throughout the day. Or, that it only works when I have a certain makeup look. Blush can really shift and take on new tones depending on your current skin color, your glasses, hair, makeup, etc. This blush is one of the few exceptions. On me it reads as a neutral pinky beige. On my light olive skin it looks like ladylike, healthy, and so natural that people have stopped me to tell me I look great with no makeup on (even though I was wearing this and concealer and mascara). I can use it closer to the apples of my cheeks for an energized look or dab is closer to the back of my cheekbone and higher up for an elegant look. I love this blush so much that I've given two away, picked up the mini during Sephora gift promotions, and have purchased it twice for myself. Unfortunately, longevity isn't the best. I give it three hours of wear time on my skin although I have the type of skin that "eats" makeup. I keep my mini with me to refresh throughout the day.

Oh, and I never use a brush but I often use a Beauty Blender to apply this. The best way to apply creme blush, in my experience, is to tap it onto the cheeks using the middle and ring fingers. If you pat and don't rub you leave little bits of skin peeking through the blush and it looks SO natural and So sexy. The way we blush is when blood rushes to the capillaries underneath our faces and if you look closely you realize it's not just a block of color. I think that's what gives a natural blush that beigey/browny color. Try it :)

Oh this also:
-Doesn't have a scent
-Leaves a barely noticeable tackiness for a few hours after application
-Doesn't work well on the lips, dried mine out and makes them paler
-Great packaging that reflects color of blush making for easier retrieval
-Helpful mirror compact
-Will break if dropped.

on 1/18/2017 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Switched from powder to cream blush several months ago, due to skin becoming drier with age (and winter weather). Love, love, love this color and sheer finish. I pat a tiny bit on with my finger, then blend it by patting with a barely dampened japonesque blending sponge. I find it looks better when I build the color a little at a time. Looks very natural when applied a bit lower on the cheeks (it looks like a very discreet contour) I use Pur cheek stain in prosecco on the apple of the cheek, color looks great on my medium olive complexion, the combo wears well and looks natural all day.

on 11/6/2014 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I have bought a few convertible colors from Stila, and Peony was a repurchased shade. I've enjoyed the way that the product is creamy and blends well. I've applied this with my fingers straight from the compact, or with a stippling brush. The color is a very flattering dusty pink that gives me a healthy look, but isn't overly bright or unnatural. I know that it is advertised as being a lip and cheek color, but I find it unsanitary knowing that I apply this to my cheeks (sometimes with my fingers), thus I can't review if I were to put it on my lips. Other things that I like about this blush are that it isn't sparkly or too sheer- you can build up intensity and the finish is so natural. I switch between a couple of blushes depending on the season and looks- this is a great summer product and is nice for quick and easy application.

A few cons: as this is a cream blusher, the product doesn't have a ton of staying power. In fact, I have recently been layering a powder blush on top of Peony in order to help it stay, but I still noticed that my blush was mostly gone by the end of the workday. I have noticed that it does transfer to my phone when talking (eww), so it doesn't set completely and that is why its all pretty much gone by half day. I have a few patches of dry skin and the wear does fade unevenly from these spots. Also, sometimes I have a slightly tough time opening the compact- it has a small indentation that can be hard to pull open- I've gouged my fingernail into the pan more than once!

Overall, I've finished a compact and started on a new one. I am happy enough with this product to repurchase even with some of it's cons.

Having used this little gem for many years I thought that I had better write a review. The colour is perfect for my complexion, it blends like a dream and wears for hours. I have had this in my make up kit forever and could not imagine my routine without it. Buy it its amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I got it as a sample and I honestly thought, why would I put this thick cream on my cheeks? I use a lot of powder foundations so I was terrified. So I put it in the bottom of my makeup case and I just opened it and thought, why not try it?

I'm angry I haven't used it before. the color is super pretty, reminds me of my natural lip color but instead, on my lips and cheeks. Beautiful.

I just bought the bright summery color trio from Ulta and I can't freaking wait to try them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this blush in the winter bc it's creamy but I've used it in warm weather too. It's a very "natural" colour--I skip contouring my cheeks when I use it. I don't really use it for lips as the colour is too pale for that when I use it on my lips (I'm not a fan of pale lipsticks) but the texture is moisturising. Overall it's a great blush though and one of my faves.