Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

4.1

REFORMULATED: WATER/AQUA/EAU, CUCURBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN), ALUMINUM OXIDE, GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, LACTOBACILLUS/PUMPKIN FERMENT EXTRACT, ASCORBIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, RETINYL PALMITATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, LEUCONOSTOC/ RADISH ROOT FERMENT FILTRATE, EDTA EDETATE DISCODIUM DIHYDRATE USP, METHYL EUGENOL, CARBOMER, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, CHLORPHENESIN, PHENOXYETHANOL.

on 4/5/2017 4:26:00 PM

First, I recommend using this in the shower. Steam supposedly helps enzymes do their job and the only way I've found to get this completely rinsed off and residue free is in the shower. Also, don't let the price scare you off - this jar lasts forever, even with regular use. I do wish it came in a more hygienic tube, though. I feel like this product temporarily brightens my skin, but otherwise I don't see much benefit and will probably move on once my jar is empty.

I had high hopes for this mask. However, I broke me out the next day. I got small fluid filled pimples plus some clogged pores. I feel the scrubbing did not do well for my acne prone sensitive skin. I think it will be better for mature skin. Also, I felt it left a layer on top of my skin after washing. I will just give it to my mother.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have pale skin (NC15) and both times I tried this mask, it left a slight orange color on my skin. Toner helped remove it (yes the cotton ball was light orange), but how many times can you reapply toner? My skin felt smooth, but orange is a no no.

on 2/28/2017 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

IMO, the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is PTR's best face mask. I've tried every single PTR mask and this one does everything it claims. I like the Cucumber Gel Mask for hydrating but that's basically all it does. I use the Pumkin Enzyme mask when my skin needs a serious decongesting. We are talking breakouts and just total dullness. This is a strong AHA mask and every time I use it, I have to endure a strong stinging sensation. If you have very sensitive skin, I would probably skip this one because it's very strong. I leave this mask on for about 5 minutes and rinse with Luke warm and cold water. It does leave my skin red immediately after use so best to use at night time. My skin really does appear "resurfaced" and smoother when I use this mask once a week. Love this one!

on 1/26/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I've been using this 1x week for a year. It's my favorite mask. It's the perfect blend of exfoliant and my skin is refreshed - does not make my skin dry or red or tight. Best to rinse off in the shower. It's very gritty and I can't remove it with splashing water in my face over sink.

on 1/12/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

UGH, this stuff is sooo good. I hate the price tag, but you do get quite a lot of product and it is AMAZING. It smells just like fresh pumpkin pie, and makes you skin so soft and smooth. It does burn just a little upon application, but it is just the AHAs at work. My skin looked and felt so great the morning after using this....smooth and hydrated.

For reference, I am somewhat acne-prone with uneven skin texture and this did not break me out. It lessened the appearance of blackheads/bumps.

on 12/3/2016 5:03:00 AM

I have normal/sensitive skin and got tiny bumps ALL over my face. It was itchy and red for three of four days. I wanted to like It because I had read it was great and it smell great too. I guess it's too strong for me.

I really wanted to love this mask but it just burned too much. I think it's not for sensitive skin. I wish I could tolerate it because reviews are great.

on 11/15/2016 4:06:00 PM

Bought this due to people raving about this mask. The only sort of similar category in terms of price that I have tried before was the Hollywood Glam Mask. Personally I think this one has more positive effects on my skin

Burned a bit when applying, can feel the sting and my face goes red, but after washing off it feels instantly refreshed, and my husband says my face looks so radiant and glowing (especially in the morning) and I sort of noticed that too but I could be biased X-D

The only downside is the price

So yes I have been using this for 4 months and loving the results. I bought it off amazon though so next time I will purchase it from an actual makeup shop like Sephora :D

on 11/6/2016 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this a while back and it worked wonderfully! I used it about three times a week and it worked really well to unclog pores and exfoliate my combination, acne prone skin. I stopped using it for a while due to lack of time but recently picked it up again. I didn't get the same warning feeling I normally used to but I didn't think anything of it. The next morning, I noticed a small patch of vermilya on my right cheek right where I had put the mask on the night before, as well as a small patch on my chin where the mask was also placed. I'm not prone to vermilya, and I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence or if maybe the mask expired? (I purchased it maybe two months ago). Unfortunately, I won't risk this again. Smells amazing though!