Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

4.6

REFORMULATED: WATER/AQUA/EAU, CUCURBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN), ALUMINUM OXIDE, GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, LACTOBACILLUS/PUMPKIN FERMENT EXTRACT, ASCORBIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, RETINYL PALMITATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, LEUCONOSTOC/ RADISH ROOT FERMENT FILTRATE, EDTA EDETATE DISCODIUM DIHYDRATE USP, METHYL EUGENOL, CARBOMER, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, CHLORPHENESIN, PHENOXYETHANOL.

on 6/14/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Absolutely love this exfoliating mask. It smells delicious (makes me want to scoop out a spoonful and eat it), it has the right amount of grit, is very economical in use and gives major results! Satin soft skin which looks brighter. This, together with Liquid Gold, have been complete game changers for me. I use it once a week, on a night that I don't use LG :). My skin has never looked better!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- does exactly what it says
- scent

CONS

- price

COMMENTS: Not a cheap mask, that's for sure. It does exactly what it says, though! Skin is so much smoother and radiant. It smells amazing - like pumpkin pie. It's not too abrasive at all. The AHA in this really helps remove excess skin. The price is steep, however you don't need much at all.

Will repurchase.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Well, I got this mask when I bought the trio in the small jars (15 mL) at Sephora. I thought they will be enough for two or three uses but they have surprised me and they seem to be sufficient for 7 or more uses.

The pumpkin enzyme one is amazing, once a week I dab just a little on my face and wait 7-10 minutes to wash it off. I apply the minimum pressure possible with my fingertips all over my face while washing this off or else it would be too abrasive for me to tolerate. I suppose the particles are the ones that really do the job instead of the pumpkin enzyme and AHAs present in the formulation, but is good to have them present.
After this mask I like to apply the rose face mask or anything soothing on my face to avoid redness.

Every time I use this product my pores look smaller and my skin glows and feels softer, I guess I'll be buying the little trio until I find something better.

I decided to give this one a try since I am going through a faze that appears to be sticking with my daily skin care routine and that is masking.
I need a gentle but strong exfoliating enzyme mask and the name of this Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask was something I was hoping it would do.

This is a slight gritty gel mask that you put on dry skin and spread with wet fingers. With the wetness, the grit melts and the pumpkin can burn your skin, depending how sensitive you are.
While this was on, my face felt flushed (I am a regular medical grade retinol user from ZO Skin Health) and once rinsed, it was very smooth. I may want to experiment and see if I should use the 24 Karat mask to sooth the flushed look on my skin to see if that would calm the flushed look faster, but I only rinsed, allowed my skin to dry and put on my retinol for the night. That gave my skin to calm down.

Due to the burning feeling and depending on the strength of your other skin car products, this can feel more uncomfortable or a passing brief moment of heat and for this reason, I decided to give it one less lippie.

As for the price, I think it is a bit much. There is no indication on the strength of AHA and how much enzymes is in the mask.

The scent reminds me of a fresh fall season and you may not be in the mood to smell this scent in other seasons, but this mask work for it's purpose and very worth repurchasing.

This product is amazing!!!! It burns a little when it's on but really clears the skin and instantly brightens it.

on 10/28/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this mask. The first time I used is my skin burnt. After 3 min it subsided. I have used it twice and I really do love it. My skin is fresher and smoother. Plus it smells amazing!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great exfoliating mask and I really love using it when I want to do a deep exfoliation without hurting my skin. Since I started using Amazonia's Potent Cell Renewal Nightly Treatment though I went from using it twice a week to once or twice a month because my skin stays pretty exfoliated because of that now.

on 5/31/2015 9:04:00 AM

Love this. I have four masks from ptr pumpkin rose cucumber and peel firmx and use them in rotation. The pumpkin is amazing for exfoliating deep down and decongesting my clogged pores. Highly recommend.

I am not a big fan of Peter Thomas Roth as a whole, but this is a great mask to try! I have tried out their Rose and Cucumber masks before, I am not sure what was the purpose of those to start from - but it is a whole other story with Pumpkin Enzyme Mask.

This is not even a mask, I'd say it is a great exfoliator that manages to get rid into every little pore and cleanse deeply. It has got a fantastic scent (of Christmas cookies) and a little will go a long way!

I love using this mask when I feel that my pores are especially clogged - so what I do usually is massage it into my skin, don't press too hard though not to scratch your skin. Then I leave it for about 10 min and rinse. The effect is a baby smooth, clean skin that doesn't feel dry or stretched. Love this product!

If you want a more in-depth review on it, with all pro and contra, head to this review below. Hope it helps!

on 12/26/2014 2:10:00 PM

Got this at Sephora as part of the mini mask magic. Pretty good exfoliate and you can feel it working. But you can get more effective products for less expensive.

Popular Masks