Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

4.1

REFORMULATED: WATER/AQUA/EAU, CUCURBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN), ALUMINUM OXIDE, GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, LACTOBACILLUS/PUMPKIN FERMENT EXTRACT, ASCORBIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, RETINYL PALMITATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, LEUCONOSTOC/ RADISH ROOT FERMENT FILTRATE, EDTA EDETATE DISCODIUM DIHYDRATE USP, METHYL EUGENOL, CARBOMER, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, CHLORPHENESIN, PHENOXYETHANOL.

I've been using the Peter Thomas Roth for over 3 years and I have a lot to say about this product! When I first started using it, my skin was really oily and I had a lot of congestion. I used this 2x a week and I loved it at first try because the formula is very innovative, it has AHA in it which is a very good ingredient for exfoliation and because of the pumpkin enzymes, my face became much clearer, breakouts minimized and overall there was a radiance in my skin and in the morning my skin would look amazing and the results when I put on my makeup was unbelievable! My makeup went smoother on my face and my skin was radiant and more even. The formula is quite unique, it took a while to get used to the tingling sensation but I don't have a sensitive skin type so luckily my face didn't get too red or results in any breakouts. As I gradually used it, I put it on and leave it for 10-15 min just to make sure that the Ingredients get to work properly and then I wet my finger tips and massage my face for a minute or two so I can get a physical exfoliation and after I wash it off with warm water. I make sure to follow with a hydrating overnight mask such as peter Thomas Roth rose stem cell mask, origins overnight mask, eve lom moisture mask, Aesop blue chamomile hydrating mask or fresh overnight black tea firming overnight mask! Overall this product has changed my skin type from oily to combination and then normal! It's pricey but the jar lasts you for a long time! Buy it and you won't regret it :)

I think my skin is just too sensitive for this mask. I put it on, and just a few minutes later my skin was burning like crazy. Not that soft tingle that usually comes with chemical exfoliant. Harsh, oh my god my skin must be melting off burning. I ended up giving the mask to a friend, who really enjoys it. I don't think I actually have very sensitive skin, I usually have no problem with various products. At worst, a product usually does nothing. But PTR, two of his masks have hurt me. If you have sensitive skin, I'd probably suggest staying away.

on 6/11/2017 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time I used it, it stung so badly I thought the mask was eating my face alive. I washed it off after literally one minute. However, to my surprise, my face felt so soft after that, I thought I would give it another go, masochist that I am. A few days later, I tried it again, bore the pain for 3 minutes and gosh - the results were simply spectacular. My complexion was baby smooth and flawless! So I used this about twice a week and the results were amazing. Then I got impatient and used it two days in a row (flawed logic: if my face looks this good using it twice a week, it would look twice as good if I used it every day). BIG mistake. I broke out in acne the next day and the zits didn't subside till a week later.

The lesson for this mask is this: It's great but you really have to adjust the usage according to your skin type. For sensitive skins, I recommend using this twice a week and most and building it up slowly. I also find that if I'm suffering from acne, using this makes it worse, so I give it a rest. What I dislike is the packaging. The jar packaging is unhygienic and causes the ingredients to lose potency over time, which is why I find that as time goes on, I can actually leave this mask on for longer without it smarting too much. Which is both good and bad news, I guess.

on 6/28/2017 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The price tag for a 5 oz container is crazy, but this is one effective mask. It definitely exfoliates, leaving my skin looking soft and smooth. I have used this 2-3 times a week and notice an overall improvement in the appearance of my skin. My pores look better and my skin looks healthier. I am 50 years old this is going to be part of my weekly routine. The mask leaves an orange tint on the skin and smells like pumpkin pie spice. Has micro scrubbing beads in it to massage mask into skin. I like to I leave on for 20-30 minutes for best results.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a trial size of this from Sephora, and I really enjoy it. The small size has 5-8 uses in it.
The mask truly scrubs your face, it tingles a little, but it just means that the mask is working. When I wash it off, my face feels very fresh and clean.
The packaging is nice, very sturdy plastic. I like that it's see-through, so I can see how much I have left.
I will totally buy this again, although the price is steep!

on 6/11/2017 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i had this from a kit w/ 5 PTR masks i used it & i had broke out w/ white heads & small red cysts all over my face! i use PTR PM retinal night fusion some of his other products w/ no problems.IF YOU WANT A GREAT MASK TRY NEW ONE BY PHILOSOPHY THE PORE EXTRACTOR IT IS AWESOME -MY ENTIRE FACE GLOWS AFTER I USE IT:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have pale skin (NC15) and both times I tried this mask, it left a slight orange color on my skin. Toner helped remove it (yes the cotton ball was light orange), but how many times can you reapply toner? My skin felt smooth, but orange is a no no.

on 4/5/2017 4:26:00 PM

First, I recommend using this in the shower. Steam supposedly helps enzymes do their job and the only way I've found to get this completely rinsed off and residue free is in the shower. Also, don't let the price scare you off - this jar lasts forever, even with regular use. I do wish it came in a more hygienic tube, though. I feel like this product temporarily brightens my skin, but otherwise I don't see much benefit and will probably move on once my jar is empty.

on 5/20/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this mask in a sampler pack of face masks from Peter Thomas Roth, and I love it! I've been using it once a week for about 2 months now. I have sensitive skin, so the first time I used the mask, my skin did burn a little bit. I used it for a few minutes and gradually upped the time I left it on my face each time I used it with no problems. I would apply it to clean skin, with wet hands, and rub into my face and leave it. It's like a scrub and mask in one. It leaves my skin super soft and visibly more luminous! I also noticed an improvement in blemishes since using this mask, and skin ultimately feels much cleaner. I definitely recommend this mask, and can't wait to try out my other sample masks!

I had high hopes for this mask. However, I broke me out the next day. I got small fluid filled pimples plus some clogged pores. I feel the scrubbing did not do well for my acne prone sensitive skin. I think it will be better for mature skin. Also, I felt it left a layer on top of my skin after washing. I will just give it to my mother.