Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

REFORMULATED: WATER/AQUA/EAU, CUCURBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN), ALUMINUM OXIDE, GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, LACTOBACILLUS/PUMPKIN FERMENT EXTRACT, ASCORBIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, RETINYL PALMITATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, LEUCONOSTOC/ RADISH ROOT FERMENT FILTRATE, EDTA EDETATE DISCODIUM DIHYDRATE USP, METHYL EUGENOL, CARBOMER, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, CHLORPHENESIN, PHENOXYETHANOL.

I think my skin is just too sensitive for this mask. I put it on, and just a few minutes later my skin was burning like crazy. Not that soft tingle that usually comes with chemical exfoliant. Harsh, oh my god my skin must be melting off burning. I ended up giving the mask to a friend, who really enjoys it. I don't think I actually have very sensitive skin, I usually have no problem with various products. At worst, a product usually does nothing. But PTR, two of his masks have hurt me. If you have sensitive skin, I'd probably suggest staying away.

on 6/28/2017 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The price tag for a 5 oz container is crazy, but this is one effective mask. It definitely exfoliates, leaving my skin looking soft and smooth. I have used this 2-3 times a week and notice an overall improvement in the appearance of my skin. My pores look better and my skin looks healthier. I am 50 years old this is going to be part of my weekly routine. The mask leaves an orange tint on the skin and smells like pumpkin pie spice. Has micro scrubbing beads in it to massage mask into skin. I like to I leave on for 20-30 minutes for best results.

on 6/11/2017 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time I used it, it stung so badly I thought the mask was eating my face alive. I washed it off after literally one minute. However, to my surprise, my face felt so soft after that, I thought I would give it another go, masochist that I am. A few days later, I tried it again, bore the pain for 3 minutes and gosh - the results were simply spectacular. My complexion was baby smooth and flawless! So I used this about twice a week and the results were amazing. Then I got impatient and used it two days in a row (flawed logic: if my face looks this good using it twice a week, it would look twice as good if I used it every day). BIG mistake. I broke out in acne the next day and the zits didn't subside till a week later.

The lesson for this mask is this: It's great but you really have to adjust the usage according to your skin type. For sensitive skins, I recommend using this twice a week and most and building it up slowly. I also find that if I'm suffering from acne, using this makes it worse, so I give it a rest. What I dislike is the packaging. The jar packaging is unhygienic and causes the ingredients to lose potency over time, which is why I find that as time goes on, I can actually leave this mask on for longer without it smarting too much. Which is both good and bad news, I guess.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a trial size of this from Sephora, and I really enjoy it. The small size has 5-8 uses in it.
The mask truly scrubs your face, it tingles a little, but it just means that the mask is working. When I wash it off, my face feels very fresh and clean.
The packaging is nice, very sturdy plastic. I like that it's see-through, so I can see how much I have left.
I will totally buy this again, although the price is steep!

on 6/11/2017 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i had this from a kit w/ 5 PTR masks i used it & i had broke out w/ white heads & small red cysts all over my face! i use PTR PM retinal night fusion some of his other products w/ no problems.IF YOU WANT A GREAT MASK TRY NEW ONE BY PHILOSOPHY THE PORE EXTRACTOR IT IS AWESOME -MY ENTIRE FACE GLOWS AFTER I USE IT:)

on 5/20/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this mask in a sampler pack of face masks from Peter Thomas Roth, and I love it! I've been using it once a week for about 2 months now. I have sensitive skin, so the first time I used the mask, my skin did burn a little bit. I used it for a few minutes and gradually upped the time I left it on my face each time I used it with no problems. I would apply it to clean skin, with wet hands, and rub into my face and leave it. It's like a scrub and mask in one. It leaves my skin super soft and visibly more luminous! I also noticed an improvement in blemishes since using this mask, and skin ultimately feels much cleaner. I definitely recommend this mask, and can't wait to try out my other sample masks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have pale skin (NC15) and both times I tried this mask, it left a slight orange color on my skin. Toner helped remove it (yes the cotton ball was light orange), but how many times can you reapply toner? My skin felt smooth, but orange is a no no.

on 4/5/2017 4:26:00 PM

First, I recommend using this in the shower. Steam supposedly helps enzymes do their job and the only way I've found to get this completely rinsed off and residue free is in the shower. Also, don't let the price scare you off - this jar lasts forever, even with regular use. I do wish it came in a more hygienic tube, though. I feel like this product temporarily brightens my skin, but otherwise I don't see much benefit and will probably move on once my jar is empty.

on 2/28/2017 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

IMO, the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is PTR's best face mask. I've tried every single PTR mask and this one does everything it claims. I like the Cucumber Gel Mask for hydrating but that's basically all it does. I use the Pumkin Enzyme mask when my skin needs a serious decongesting. We are talking breakouts and just total dullness. This is a strong AHA mask and every time I use it, I have to endure a strong stinging sensation. If you have very sensitive skin, I would probably skip this one because it's very strong. I leave this mask on for about 5 minutes and rinse with Luke warm and cold water. It does leave my skin red immediately after use so best to use at night time. My skin really does appear "resurfaced" and smoother when I use this mask once a week. Love this one!

I had high hopes for this mask. However, I broke me out the next day. I got small fluid filled pimples plus some clogged pores. I feel the scrubbing did not do well for my acne prone sensitive skin. I think it will be better for mature skin. Also, I felt it left a layer on top of my skin after washing. I will just give it to my mother.