Vaseline Cocoa Butter Gel Body Oil

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Gel Body Oil

3.6

Mineral Oil, Hydrogenated Styrene/Butadiene Copolymer, Brazil Nut seed oil, Sweet Almond oil, fragrence.

on 5/18/2016 2:37:00 PM

I use vaseline cocoa butter oil gel on my body&face every day&night.it's one awesome product.Also it makes a excellent hair gel I use it every day on my dry frizzy ends.&it makes my hair soft&its not sticky or make my scalp itch&it smells fresh.&it's one product I pack for trips.I dont need a separate body lotion or hair gel&face cream vaseline cocoa butter oil gel us all I need.5-★'s

on 4/21/2016 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not cruelty free so won't repurchase, but I liked the product itself quite much. Smells great, but leaves the skin quite oily, so more for summertime when you don't wear so many clothes you could ruin putting on right after. Tag comes off after a while from the oil, so doesn't look fancy after a few weeks on the shelf anymore. Wish Unilver did more to become cruelty free!

To Read all 83 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/19/2016 12:08:00 PM

This is basically like using baby oil but in a different form. It moisturizes the skin BUT it is extremely greasy and takes FOREVER to absorb into the skin. Also it has a strong cocoa butter scent, which isn't unpleasant but it will interfere with any perfume or fragrance you might want to wear.

I was intrigued by the "gel body oil" idea but I found out it's not anything special. Wouldn't buy this again.

on 3/24/2016 7:10:00 PM

This product will last forever because a little bit goes a long ways. If you use too much you'll end up a greasy mess. This product takes forever to absorb into the skin and will probably just sit on your skin if worn during the day. But it's very nice to use before bed. I do it all the time and I will wake up with baby soft skin. Another option is to use it like baby oil. Apply on damp skin as soon as you step out of the shower and wipe with a cloth. This product is a lot like baby oil because they share mineral oil as the main ingredient but it is much thicker in consistency which isn't as messy as baby oil. Mineral oil does not absorb into the skin quickly but creates a barrier to help retain moisture. (Keep that in mind). The fragrance is alright; the product does not actually contain coco butter though. Some may hate it and some may enjoy it, I'm not sensitive to those types of things. Recently my skin has been incredibly dry and since using this product, I can see improvements in my skins softness/texture.

on 2/18/2015 11:29:00 AM

I use this in the shower after I turn off the water and before I dry off. Better than baby oil since that gets all over the tub and makes it slick. This has been nice on my dry winter legs. Smells okay, but not great. I would actually like a stronger smell since I think cocoa butter smells yummy.

I like the smell and the idea of this item. It is moisturizing and spreads easily the only thing is it doesn't absorb quickly. And the package never closes quite well once opened.I had no trouble with clogged pores. But I only used it when my skin was very dry.

on 7/14/2014 6:37:00 PM

Horrible!!! It doesn't absorb.... at all! I was greasy all day long. Worst of all, it caused a rash! A horrible, itchy, bumpy red rash!!! I'm returning this immediately and will go back to using St. Ives body lotion.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One word to sum this up. BACNE. What the hell is this? Oh my god, I never had the pleasure of experiencing such a great disaster like bacne. At first, I really liked this body oil. I have very dry skin on my body. I love how silky and radiant this gel made my skin. I also love the sweet smell. A week ago, I was at the gym and noticed a few big red pimples on my left shoulder. Big angry red ones. I never got pimples on my arms before. A few days after that, I got a big ol' angry one between my breasts. So, one day after taking a shower, I got a glimpse of my back and oh my word. I had about 15 big angry red pimples all over. I was horrified. The only new thing I changed in my routine was this body oil. Now, I have to use a acne bodywash and I've been applying tea tree oil to my wounds. NEVER AGAIN

on 11/13/2013 10:29:00 PM

It started out great and then.........the rash! I have dry skin and with winter coming I thought this would be a great alternative since I still feel dry after applying lotion. I started using this right after the shower and would apply right before I toweled off. The smell was okay and the first couple of days were good. A little greasy but nothing that I couldn't handle. On the fourth day though was when it happened. I woke up with little bumps everywhere! My rib cage, back and legs seem to be where the most bumps came out but they are everywhere and the itch is beyond crazy. They even started to feel hot in some areas. I stopped using this about a week ago now and they are barely starting to go away but the itching is still there. Spare yourself the hours of scratching and don't waste your money on this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My holy grail moisturizer, along with Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel. I have super dry skin and this is the only thing I've found that truly keeps it hydrated, soft and smooth. You have to use sparingly or your body will be a giant oil slick, but if you use just the right amount your skin will look toned and glowy all day.

Popular Body Skincare Products