4.8

Isododecane,polyethylene cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, hydrogenated polyisobutene, Phenyl trimethicone, methicone, propylene carbonate, lecithin, barium sulfate, phenoxyethanol, isopropylparaben, isobutylparaben, utylparaben, BHT. May contain mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, carmine, chromium oxide green, chromium hydroxide green, ferric ferrocyanide

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love MAD minerals gel liners, for their long lasting quality, intensity, and for the fact I can put them on my water line. This color is a dark brown one, and goes beautyfully with any daily makeup. I use this one a lot and really happy with it!

on 6/12/2010 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you're on the lookout for no smudge, long lasting dark brown gel liner, this is it, ladies. On my dark skin this shows true dark brown, which is what I'm looking for and the best part is no smudge on my oily lids . I even use it right under my waterline and no smudge, no fadding whatsoever. This gel liners from mad is absolutely awesome, for the quality itself, I say the price is cheap.

Chocolate Mousse is just as much a staple eyeliner color to me as black. The shade goes on smooth, soft and pigmented...and stays that way on me. The color is matte brown-black after applied.

on 1/7/2009 3:40:00 PM

I actually got my Indelible Gel Eyeliner from JW Cosmetics since it was the cheapest (factoring in shipping prices). I have Chocolate Mousse, Black Cherry and Tanzanite. So far I've only tried Chocolate Mousse.

The Indelible "Gel" Eyeliners (there's nothing gel-like about these) are a smooth, cream liner in a small pot that will probably last me forever. They're easy to load onto the brush, apply smoothly (as long as you have enough on your brush) and are easier for me to apply than a pencil style liner for some reason.

I'm an eyeliner neophyte and still shaky in my application, so there was a learning curve using this liner. First I put way too much on my brush (I used a Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush from Target) and couldn't get a nice, neat line to save me. I had splotches and smears and it looked bad. But I expected that since I'm new to eyeliner. It took me a couple of days to realize it wasn't just my beginner's eyeliner skills that were the problem and that I needed to put less on my brush. After that, I tried using a lot less and ended up with too little. It started out smoothly enough, but within a couple of millimeters of line, it started to putter our. Eventually, though trial and error, I figured out how much I needed to use and now I'm very happy with the results.

Chocolate Mousse appears to be a rich chocolate brown in the jar, but once it's on my eyes and dried, it's a very deep brown that's almost black. Like dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. I like that. It's not as harsh as black but can still be dramatic (because I really only wear eyeliner when I want that dramatic look). I thought about buying Blackout, too, but having seen the color Chocolate Mousse dries to, I don't think I'll need it.

PROS: (1) smooth, soft texture; (2) a little goes a long way; (3) inexpensive considering how little you need to use (just make sure to shop around for the best deal as these are carried by several online stores and prices vary quite a bit ranging from around $8.99 or so--it's possible you could find it cheaper--to almost $13 and up); (4) rich brown color is versatile and less harsh than black.

CONS: (1) if you're like me, there may some trial and error in figuring out how much liner to load your brush with; (2) you'll need an eyeliner brush, making these less convenient than a pencil or liquid liner with an applicator; (3) not truly "indelible" on me--I had some issues with smudging, but only because I have eye allergies and tend to rub my eyes.

on 1/1/2009 11:40:00 AM

I really like this. The colour is not too dark nor too brown, but just perfect. Looks natural. Also it is really easy to apply even when you have never tried gelliners before. I use a MAC 266 brush and have no problems controlling the thickness of the line.

The staying power of the is great, but it might be a bit difficult to smudge the line.
Will repurchase!

on 7/26/2008 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love these eyeliners!! I have black cherry, chocolate mousse and peacock. Chocolate is the one I always reach for. The texture is so smooth and light, I also use and angled brush to apply it goes on so smooth. I love the dark brown it's a very rich color, I have tried some brown el that just look matte and drab. The price especially if bought on sale is a total steal compared to MAC or Stila!! The lasting power on this one seems to be much better than blach cherry and peacock.

on 6/27/2008 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Chocolate Mousse is a dark brown-black color with a fairly matte finish. Normally I prefer more of a medium brown eyeliner and at first I was worried that this would be too dark and too harsh for an everyday look for me. (I have blue eyes, blonde hair, and very pale skin.) However, this color has really grown on me and now I usually wear it a few times a week! It can still be fairly subtle if applied in a thin line close to the lashes, or apply more thickly for a dramatic look!

In general, all of these gel liners are a great quality. I prefer to apply them with an angle brush, but a flat liner or thin eyeliner brush would also work. All the ones I've tried are very long-lasting, the only way to take them off is with eye mu remover!

on 5/6/2008 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This comes in a cute little jar that looks small, but there's lots of product in it! The colour's a deep dark brown, almost black and it goes on very smoothly. It's totally indelible and stayed on my lids all day even though I used it without primer! And my lids get oily easily, but this eyeliner is like utterly budge-proof. Plus it's really cheap, I got it for $8.99. Love it to pieces!

on 11/22/2007 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, this baby smooths on like buttah! Very creamy, easy to work with, lasts all day. What's not to love? The perfect deep brown cream liner.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'm SO GLAD I didn't spend $14++ for a dark brown gel liner! Chocolate Mousse is perfect!!! No red tones whatsoever, just a smooth DARK brown; wonderful for very natural "I'm not wearing makeup" looks to dramatic full-on winged lines. Applies like butta, lasts all day, got it for $7.19 with MAD's summer sales (originally sells for $14)!!! This is also a perfect base shade for wet-lining over with gold, red, and/or green sparkly pigments! FABULOUS makeup find!!! www.madminerals.org