Dior Dior Star

No Image

3.7

on 7/14/2010 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh dear, when I asked my brother to smell my wrist, he said "hmmmm, toilet spray." I smell Jasmine (even though its not listed) and a dirty musk. Does not suit my body chemistry at all. No almond smell which is what I was really after. Such a shame. And unfortunately, even though it is an edt and everyone says it doesn't last on them, its still on my skin 7 hours down the track as I sprayed some on the nape of my neck.

Dior Star is a light well-blended floral perfume that would perfect to wear in the summer. Despite the notes listed below, I thought I detected jasmine and sweet pea, however I certainly caught the cozy hint of white musk at the end. One thing to keep in mind, though, prior to purchasing Dior Star is that it has very little sillage. It stayed on my skin for about an hour and then quietly drifted away.

Per Basenotes's website, here are the notes of Dior Star: Bergamot, Honeysuckle, Tangerine, Peony, Almond, Musk.

I had 2 bottles of this fragrance, I liked it so much. this sent gives a diva-super-chick feeling and makes you a real star

will buy again it, I hope to find it in some duty free shops

on 3/27/2008 3:48:00 PM

The almond note is the most powerful on me...it really comes out when I wear this. I love this scent...it's warm and comforting. I bought this when it first came out and I haven't finished my bottle yet (I switch scents all the time), but I will probably repurchase when I do.

on 2/22/2008 7:46:00 PM

Pretty! Sad that this one is LE--I smell peonies, honeysuckle, and light musk. Lovely for spring. The bottle is kind of garish, but that doesn't at all reflect the character of the scent.

This was introduced as a Ltd Edition scent in 2005, but it appears to still be readily available at a number of online perfume discounters. Cute bottle with silver-toned painted outline of stars done on glass, with shiny silver cap.

The notes include Honeysuckle, Tangerine, Peony, Almond and Musk. The initial spritz opens with predominent citrusy notes from the Tangerine, and I detect some bergamot as well. The dry down softens into a light (very light) floral-musk. I did not get any almond note even though it's identified in the overall list of notes. This is a very pretty scent but I wish it were a touch more potent as it dries down. It morphs into a scent that is very reminiscent to me of NR for Her, only with citrus added. Lasting power and sillage are just so-so, which is unusual for a Dior scent.

Overall pleasant, nice for warm weather, will use the bottle I have, but not repurchase. Given the similarity in dry down to NR for Her (at least on me), I much prefer NR.
continued >>