NARS Luster

NARS Luster

4.6

on 8/10/2017 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I feel like this is what I wanted Orgasm to be. This is just the perfect peachy and bronzy blush that I can put on by itself and totally skip bronzer and highlight as this already works as all three for me! I find the formula of this particular NARS blush to be super smooth and a hell of a lot better than the Orgasm cult fave. I also love using this as one and done eyeshadow colour all over my lid by itself.

on 6/1/2017 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Now that summer is upon us, it's time for all the warm, bronze-y eyeshadow palettes and face products to come out and shine! NARS Luster is undoubtedly my go-to blush when the weather starts to get warmer. It's a very gorgeous bronze apricot blush with a golden sheen. Although the shimmer is strong in this one, it glows without being chunky or glittery. I love to use this blush as a 2-in-1 blush and bronzer, warming up my face and giving me a gorgeous summer glow. Not only do you look effortlessly put together with this on, but it will be a breeze to apply too.

I have tons of NARS blushes, and I can attest to Luster being one of the most buttery ones in the line. It's very smooth and easy to blend. It is finely milled and a dream to apply. Like the other NARS blushes, it has awesome pigmentation and you don't really need much on your brush to produce colour on the cheeks.

If you have red hair (which I don't) please try this blush. It is amazing on redheads!!!! Wears well with natural makeup or a smoky eye or a warm red lip. Nars always makes beautiful blush and a healthy glow is worth the cost!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I really like this blush (my first NARS blush btw). It's quite subtle on my nc44/45 skin (I also use NARS luminous weightless in syracuse and cadiz mixed for winter; cadiz alone in summer). I usually wear bronzer in place of blush but I decided to try this because of a youtuber (Tantricks) with a similar skin tone and I'm glad I did. I don't like over the top makeup for myself and this is perfect for me. I only ever use the MAC blush in Peaches once in a while and I like that but Luster is much more my style; it's a much darker and brownish peachy colour with a slight golden shimmer. The longevity is average for me since my oily skin tends to break down any product as the day goes on. It lasts long enough for me, better with primer. The price is very high for a blush but I've come to a point where I'm not as touchy about price for quality/satisfaction. Even so, that's one star off my overall rating. The packaging is simple and nice, easy to open and it feels smooth to the touch. This has easily become a staple for me. Not sure how it will look when I tan in summer or if it will even show up but for now I will probably use this every time I wear makeup!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS NARS BLUSH!!!! This is my favorite everyday blush that I can't live without. If I could only have two blushes in my collection for the rest of my life (I can't pick one) it would definitely be this blush and Mood Exposure by Hourglass. I am a girl who uses powder contour daily (chocolate soleil or hoola) and I prefer my blush to be subtle; this blush gives my NC35 skin a nice glow and I would highly recommend this blush for light to medium skin tone women....this brand is also Cruelty-Free!!!

on 8/12/2015 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite blushes for summertime. It has a beautiful warm glowy finish. My skintone is fairly neutral; I'm around NC20 (very light olive complexion with a mixture of pink and yellow tones, usually hard to match in foundations). It's long-lasting and the "new" formula doesn't cause breakouts like the older one from a couple years ago. Love it!

on 7/6/2015 12:36:00 AM

Both my sister and I think this is the most beautiful blush on the market. I have olive golden skin and she has a medium, warm skin tone and this looks divine in both. Finely milled shimmer and a beautiful apricot finish. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

When I went to Sephora to swatch it, the color was so beautifully pigmented. This is the type of blush that can pass as a highlighter as well. Of course, it was out of stock per usual. Ordered it online and when I received it, it was a huge disappointment. Not sure if I got a bad batch, but the color would not show up on my medium complexion. As much as I tried to build the color, it was nonexistent. This was not the Luster I swatched at the store. And for $30? No thanks, I had to return it. I did, however find a dupe for this blush. Purchased a Sephora blush in the shade Apricot Sheen. Better color payoff and much more inexpensive.

My absolute HG blusher. I have a yellow undertone/ a little olive complexion and this blush is so flattering. I see it being pretty flattering on most skin types as well. The colour is some sort peachy, coraly...apricoty awesomeness?? It is pricey but the NARS blushers usually last me quite a long time despite me using it everyday. I took off a lippie (actually pretty generous) because I kind of hate the packaging NARS uses for their blushers. I bought a few as backup and stored them in my drawer, but I noticed that now it's sticky to the touch? I'm not sure if other people have the same problem but perhaps they dont keep it long enough for that to happen. Anyway overall it's a terrific blusher that I would purchase always

on 2/3/2015 1:00:00 AM

I must admit, I have not gravitated towards blushes for a long time. More recently I've been obsessed with red lipsticks and anything Tom Ford. I digress. I saw Shameless Fripperies post a photo of Luster on her Instagram and being the puppet that I am, I go to my nearest Mecca to try it on. At first sight, I thought "that's it? What is so special?" But once I had it on my cheeks I was in love. It is best described as an apricot colour. Definitely leans more orange than pink which is a nice change for me. There is definitely shimmer but it's not obnoxious like its sister, Orgasm or Super Orgasm (or whatever it's called). It's very flattering on my NC30 Asian skin and stays on my cheeks for 7 - 8 hours before I notice any significant fading. It's quite sheer so you can definitely build on the colour or wear it more "naturally". Definitely a repurchase and recommended.

Popular Blush Products