3.8

$35.00 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

18 days ago

I bought my first tube a few weeks ago and it's been nothing but love ever since. I use it on my face at night as a last step to seal all the moisture in, and my skin has felt supple in the morning. I also use a small amount patted on my face after doing a sheet mask. It is incredibly healing as a hand cream as well- probably one of my favorite uses for this actually. I love the light scent too.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinDry, Other, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Coarse

22 days ago

So so glad I found this product. It seems to smooth out and blur any foundation I wear over it. And it keeps it that way all day. I don't mind a fragranced product, and this is, but I love the scent. I have difficult sensitive/combination/acne prone skin. I alternate this with Kiehls acne products with SA at night. This smoothes, moisturizes, and calms some redness while keeping my skin clear. I love it!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

3 months ago

A makeup artists' staple in their kits... but why? I had been skeptical from the start, as an owner of oily skin. I never thought the idea of slathering on a thick heavy moisturizer like this one would help makeup stick, much less last for a long time, but after extensive use in makeup school, I think I had approached the idea of Embryolisse as a whole incorrectly. The point of this moisturizer is that it leaves one of the most beautiful finishes on the skin. It's glowy, it's dewy, and it's full of life when you massage it thoroughly into the skin - and this is important, because you want the skin to absorb some of the product. And that alone makes it ideal for the perfect base before foundation goes on. Not every moisturizer, believe it or not, gives the same visual effect as the Lait Creme Concentre. I've tried substituting it with others but it doesn't work, especially if I'm working on people who have much drier skin than I do. One great thing about the moisturizer is that it plays nicely with highly pigmented, wax based foundations. I use it frequently in conjunction with Kryolan Dermacolor. On especially dry skins, I layer a hydrating serum first and then massage Embryolisse on top, making sure that the skin is super moisturized and glowy. It's touted as a multitasking product which I agree with. It mixes reasonably well with other foundations, and removes hardcore eyeliner as well. On normal to dry skin, it's a wonderful primer. I personally love the packaging and find it easy to travel with. So, should you buy it? This is a very YMMV thing. If you're oily skinned like me, it's not as functionally useful compared to somebody else who has dry to normal skin. I do use it but quite sparingly, and usually under a matte foundation. If your skin is acne-prone, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending this for personal use as it contains shea butter which can be comedogenic to some. If you do have dry, mature, or normal skin, I definitely recommend it as it will really help with keeping your base looking fresh and dewy without breaking it up. It really plumps up the skin and makes it look healthy. If in doubt, I recommend buying a small tube of this, and if it doesn't work out, it's still a great moisturizer for the hands and body. If you're a makeup artist - this is a cult classic for a reason. I promise you that it is worth the investment. Some makeup artists don't like it as much as I do, but you really have to work with it in order to have an informed opinion.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

10 months ago

As an aging woman transitioning from being super oily to now dealing with areas of dry patches, i’ve struggled to find a moisturizer that works on those areas, doesn’t over power my still oily t-zone and doesn’t break me out. This products works for me and I’m on my 3rd tube. There are several online places to purchase so I’ve never had an issue finding it and the cost is less than $30. Yes, the smell is strong when you first apply but it doesn’t linger and my skin is not sensitive to perfumes in any skin or makeup products. One tubes lasts me for several months and I apply it once a day before my foundation. I would use it at night too but I’m finishing up my other moisturizers that haven’t worked as well. This products is highly recommended and I always have a back up tube available.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

a year ago

This is a very good, non-greasy moisturiser that's lightweight on the skin. It's not super duper moisturising, but it does layer well under makeup, which is what it's known for. I can buy this for a fairly reasonable price in Europe - however, I don't think it's so great that I'd pay overseas prices for it. I do like this cream, but the reasons I won't buy this again are 1. very strong smell, it's kind of aclean, soapy smell but it's not my favourite scent and 2. the metal package is messy and crumply.

About reviewer (269 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

This is an ok moisturizer, mostly hyped by its cult status. The fragrance is overpowering and does not have any remarkable ingredients. It is expensive and difficult to find where I live and I think there are better and more affordable options out there. Quite underwhelming TBH.

About reviewer (250 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

a year ago

After years of being curious about this classic product, I finally found it in a Target a few months ago. I'm glad I finally got to try it, but ... it's just OK. I like the thick lotion texture a lot, but it isn't as moisturizing as I hoped. I used it up and didn't not like it, but it was nothing special, and I won't repurchase. Other things to note: This does have fragrance--nothing too crazy, but you may wish to steer clear if that type of thing bothers you. The packaging is a metal tube. It keeps the cream fresh and cool, but, like most metal tubes, it gets crumpled and nasty. Nature of the beast. I paid about $30 for my 2.54 oz tube--a reasonable price if it works for you.

About reviewer (444 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EyesHazel

from

a year ago

Feels great on the skin but its not ground breaking, i didnt find this to be a good primer either. Ill stick to my First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

a year ago

First off this product contains ingredients such as soy and beeswax that I have eliminated from all of my cosmetics and skin care and beauty and hair products. Now I only use Vegan Cruelty Free cosmetics and skin care, beauty and hair products. And soy has questionable toxicity. My skin is sensitive and I use to use this under makeup but I began to itch and it stung my face after several days of use. My eyes began to tear and swell. I would not suggest this for cleaning the face at all! Especially with sensitive skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

a year ago

I came to the game late on this one and so wish I had heard about this little gem earlier in life! This moisturizer is great to prime the face before applying foundation. It creates a soft, dewy base that allows my foundation to just glide on and sink into my skin. I like to wash my face and then apply a lite layer of Josie Maran Argan Oil, go make my coffe and let the dogs out, etc. and about 10 minutes later will come back and apply a thin layer of this and wait about 5 minutes before starting my makeup application. It works wonders to keep my skin from getting dry and scaly during the fall and winter, and it helps my foundation apply beautifully.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral