Physicians Formula Sun Shield for Faces Extra Sensitive Skin spf 25

2.0

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE. OTHER INGREDIENTS: WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ETHYLEXYL PALMITATE, GLYCERIN, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, ZINC OXIDE, PEG/PEG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, PETROLATUM, ZEOLITE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LAURETH-12, MINERAL OIL,POLYSILICONE-11, PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER, QUATERNIUM- 18 HECTORITE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM EDTA, BHT, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, IRON OXIDES.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this is not something I use every day for four reasons; 1.) it does not note the amount of titanium either on the bottle or their website (my bottle also lists zinc, but not as an active ingredient) so even though it's labeled as "spf 25" I don't really know for sure since it can't be run through CIBA's sunscreen simulator, 2.) it contains silicone and petrolatum, both of which break me out, 3.) it has a horrible white cast. However, it it water and sweat proof, and when I'm going swimming or for a long horse back ride in the heat of the day I use this, and 4.) it's such a PITA to get off! even using an oil cleanser I need to follow w/ a castile soap + exfoliating cloth and a clay mask to get it entirely off my skin. however it's not as greasy as some other physical sunblocks I've used, and the white cast seems to be easily covered on my skin w/ the addition of a little pressed powder on top of it, but I also have VERY pale skin. the price wasn't bad ($7 IIRC for a large tube), but I'm not sure if I will repurchase again if I even use up this bottle.