MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by skin tone : Dark

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this powder! I have it in medium dark which is slightly light for me but doesn't give a grey cast at all. The micro-particles leave a smooth finish on my skin and lovely glow. In summer when I go foundation free this is my go-to, nice light coverage. This isn't so great for keeping the shine at bay however but it does give a dewy effect in summer if that's the look you're going for. I will definitely repurchase it, and probably use a mattifying powder just for my t-zone.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

NC44 for reference.

Okay so this is kind of a 2-in-1 review! I originally used this as a mineral foundation since I had previously used BE in Warm and loved the glowy affect. BE was too red though and my best friend who had also worn BE had just switched to this MSF and it looked great on her. I thought it was pretty good however my only gripes were that it was way too drying for my skin (I was applying just over moisturizer), and it was actually a shade too dark! Since then I haven't worn it as a mineral moisturizer.

Which leads me to my second review...
This time I've been using it as a setting powder after watching some YouTube videos. I didn't even know it could be used for that! I used it over my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which can make my skin look a bit TOO glowy haha.

This stuff has been amazing for setting my Mac Studio Finish concealer, it also evens out my skin tone and matts down the oilyness from the LM tinted moisturizer. Before my concealer would barely last an hour, but now it stays on for up to 4! It still dries out my skin a bit, not too much just makes me have to stay on top my skincare routine.

I actually also use it as a contour powder.

I'll definitely re-purchase, but next time will probably get a shade lighter if using as a setting powder.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I wish under the buy again selection there was a Hells no option. This looked really pretty and offered surprising coverage paired with fix+ and 188. The first day I tried it I noticed a very, very slight itch. The second day, the itch got worse and my skin started to feel like it was burning. I got a few small red bumps and rashes on my skin and I had really small marks that looked like my skin was burned. Within a day the "burn" marks healed color-wise, but my skin was very chaffed and peeled. No amount of moisturizer or exfoliating could help the peeling, although it did help with the small burn marks. It's day 3 (not wearing the crap) and my skin looks like its recovering. In the trash this goes!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I will buy this until the end of time, i am nc45 and i so agree with amazin90 review when she said the makeup artists at mac keep trying to convince us to buy the dark color bc of our complexion but in actuality this is the perfect shade. When i first bought it of course i was told to get dark and i hated it bc it would always turn orange w or without foundation, so i took it back and then i bought the medium deep and same thing until one day i went with my own gut instincts and got medium dark and i have been using it ever since to set my foundation. i love it it bc it does give a nice glow but still absorbs shine and it isn't as ashy as the blot powder can sometimes be, will be buying this again and again.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

It is soooo important to get the correct color!! I orignally purchased this in Dark. It turned me into a jack-o-lantern and it is NOT Halloween! I am NC45, but have strong yellow undertones. I immediately took this back and got a refund. Every MA at the MAC counters kept trying to sell me Dark. Well, I did an online chat on the MAC website and the artist recommended Medium Dark for my coloring, she said the Dark was too dark. I went back and tried it out.....low and behold it was perfect!!!! I love how the powder actually gives me a glow! Now, if I can only find a replacement for Select Tint that was discontinued.....:o(

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Thank god I have no blemishes and my skin is fairly even that I don't need foundation. I just dust some of this on and it really makes my skin glow! Everyone should try this.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder. It looks like my skin. It reminds me f the BE commercials where it doesnt look like they have makeup on but their skin is perfect. You can build coverage and it lasts all day for me. Im definitely buying this again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Liked this, but like with all mac products, it doesn't last with travel! shattered in my bag when i traveled on the plane.....it was in the carryon! not even tossed around...same thing has happened with the eyeshadows...they need better packages...i should be able to take my things out of the bathroom without worrying about them shattering! but i did like the effect alot