MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Used this powder for a while now and absolutely love it! My skin is NC15 but I use this is the colour this as my bronzer (as the bronzers in mac are too dark for my skin tone). I absolutely love it, it warmed up my skin and helps set my makeup in place! It lasts such a long time and is super natural looking on the skin! Love it and repurchased it at least 3 times!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst M.A.C product I've ever bought (and I'm something of a "M.A.C-tard"). Within the first month of purchasing in Germany, the powder hardened into rock and it is impossible to retrieve any sort of colour from it. I've tried with a brush, sponge and my finger - none of them pick up any colour or finish from the product. No wonder it was making absolutely no difference to my face (so natural it looked almost nonexistent - well, it was!). I will not repurchase and will be very wary of purchasing any other powder from this brand.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

I never really thought the MSFN was all that special and stopped using it for a while, when I started using it again I got compliments on how my skin looked brighter/glowing and its pretty much been a staple ever since! Took off a lippie because I do have to put a translucent powder on my T-zone since this powder isn't very good at oil absorbing. Not all too fond of the packaging (pretty sure if I dropped it, it would crack) however I've heard that its changed and it now comes with an attached mirror so I guess thats no longer an issue!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been self tanning quite a bit lately, and found that my usual shade Medium Plus was getting a little too light, so I purchased this in the next shade up - Medium Dark. It matches my current skintone PERFECTLY. This powder is ultra luxurious and it gives my skin a satiny, radiant glow. I also love to use it as a crease shade or transition shade on the eyes - perfect. I think it will work well as a light bronzer to warm up my contours as well. $30 is a little pricey, but this stuff will last me a long time, so it's more than worth it. I love MAC.
xo

I love this powder! It matches my skin tone perfectly, sets my makeup without looking too cakey, and lasts all day :) I'd definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am NC40 and for awhile I have been trying to find the right powder to set my foundation and concealer. I love this powder! I buffed it into my face after applying my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and it works so well together! On work days or when I don't want to wear foundation because my skin is looking great, I'll just apply a face primer then buff it into my skin. I love that it doesn't look cakey or powdery. It cost me $30 at the MAC counter and for me that is quite pricey but it was worth it. I would definitely buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. I have this twisted relationship with it that causes me to love it, yet hate it at the same time. Before I start my review, I would just like to point out the fact that this is NOT a powder foundation. On MAC's website, they suggest using it to set liquid foundation or touch up during the day. If you're trying to use a powder as sheer as this as foundation, of course you're going to despise it.

Anyhow. I'm NC40/42 (depending on the time of year) and was matched to 'Medium Dark'. I don't like this shade at all. Most women with tanned skin are also warm complected. This powder is very cool with strong pink undertones, and appears a little ashy/gray when applied. It's not a huge issue since it's very sheer, but I still feel like they should have made this warmer.

As I said earlier, this provides VERY sheer, almost non-existent coverage. For this reason, it's nice to set liquid foundations when you want something light that won't look masky. Don't expect to get any additional coverage from this though. The SA mentioned that this can also be applied wet, but I have not tried this. I imagine that it would give better coverage that way. BTW- IF YOU ARE GOING TO EXPERIMENT WITH APPLYING THIS WET, REMEMBER THAT YOU CANNOT REVERT TO APPLYING IT DRY AGAIN AFTER. ONCE YOU WET IT, IT CHANGES THE TEXTURE.

The finish for this is matte, but not flat and powdery. That's what I really love about this powder. It doesn't give me a chalky, unnatural finish (*cough cough* Studio Fix Powder). It's actually virtually undetectable on the skin. It builds quite nicely as well.

As far as oil control goes? This is nothing special. If you have oily skin like me, this probably won't do much for you. But it will set foundation beautifully for combo/dry skinned girls who don't need much oil control.

I like the packaging, but I do wish that it had a mirror like Studio Fix Powder. Also, the clear plastic casing pops out a lot (no bother I guess, since it can easily be popped back in).

I recommend applying this with a dense kabuki (such as MAC's 182). This product works best when really buffed into the skin (like all mineral powders).

I do like this, but it's not my favorite. I like a setting powder with better oil control (isn't that the whole point of powder?), and that comes in a better color range than this. I can see why some women would love it though. If you have the right complexion and skin type for this, it could work quite beautifully.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I went to the MAC counter to ask the SA to recommend a matte bronzer for my pale skin (NC15-ish). I don't tan naturally and rely on fake tan usually to 'take the glare off'. I was expecting her to recommend one of their bronzers but instead she suggested Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Dark and showed me how to apply it with a brush around the edges of the forehead, into the hairline at the temples, on the cheekbones, nose, chin and along and just under the jaw. I was really impressed with the results and now this is a staple product for me. It looks natural and glowy and I have a much more healthy look to my skin compared to my natural 'undead vampire' colouring. Will definitely repurchase this!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't see what's so great about this powder at all! Firstly, in no way can it be used as a powder foundation alone - the coverage is so sheer, it's non existent. I put some on my cheeks, both wet and dry (using ELF Mineral Powder Brush and a sponge) and didn't notice the difference at all. If anything, it made me quite pink, which is really weird because I'm NC43-ish with yellow/brown undertones! The same thing happened when I tried it as a setting powder over my liquid foundation. When I spoke to a MAC MUA about it, she said something about the way it's pressed makes it turn pink on application - apparently!

I won't be buying this again, and I'm currently using Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation, which is much better than this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I purchased this after I went in to the store looking for a bronzer. I was recommended this. I use this to add a bit of warmth to my skin. I use it sparingly as its quite dark on my skin. I agree with other reviewers that it can break me out.