MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

It is soooo important to get the correct color!! I orignally purchased this in Dark. It turned me into a jack-o-lantern and it is NOT Halloween! I am NC45, but have strong yellow undertones. I immediately took this back and got a refund. Every MA at the MAC counters kept trying to sell me Dark. Well, I did an online chat on the MAC website and the artist recommended Medium Dark for my coloring, she said the Dark was too dark. I went back and tried it out.....low and behold it was perfect!!!! I love how the powder actually gives me a glow! Now, if I can only find a replacement for Select Tint that was discontinued.....:o(

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking forward to receiving this in the mail for quite awhile and was not disappointed. I haven't used it much yet, but so far love what I see - I've used it over sheer foundation and found that it does a great job covering imperfections and blending away red marks on my cheeks without looking cakey. It doesn't look like any powder I've ever used. The texture is silky and wonderful, and unlike any other mineral powder I've tried, it doesn't sink into my pores and make them huge and noticeable. It really blends into the skin like a liquid or cream and has a nice glow.
My only complaint about this so far is that the powder itself has a weird texture and doesn't seem to hold itself together well as a pressed compact. The first time I touched a brush to it, powder flew everywhere and made a big mess of my bathroom sink. It's almost like a cross between loose and pressed powder. It makes a mess and seems like a waste of product. I'm also worried that it's going to break very easily.
I am usually NC42 and got this in medium dark. It's a good match, a little on the light side.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Once again I'm reading these reviews and it honestly makes me laugh a little. Make up is NOT magic. It is just for enhancing purposes. People expect way too much out of products that can only do so much. Everyone has different skin and the way I see it, your make up will only look as good as you want it to be if your skin is taken care of. You cannot expect ONE powder product to magically make you look flawless. I am a make up artist. I know what products work best for each person I am working with. This powder is incredibly for a drier skin type...not so much oily. It is a mineral powder so it is NOT powdery looking it is very silky and hydrating to the skin. It is buildable so you can keep building it for added coverage. I just use it on top of my foundation to set it. It is great by itself on top of moisturizer and primer. I love this product and will always use it. The best powder for a normal-dry skin type.

While I love so much about this product, the fact remains the same with all mineral makeups--usually, their first ingredient is Mica. This is the same with everything from BE to this MAC powder. The thing about MICA is that while it begins with a natural, oil-absorbing finish, that same absorption causes oxidation and even a gray cast on the yellowest of skintones. Most makeup artists will not apply products containing Mica to anyone who is about to have photographs taken, because that gray-shade is highly detectable on camera. I can even tell nights when I have worn it just by looking at my skin next to my friends' skin in pictures--I have somehow become the gray friend!! Anyway, if you are not an oily person, or only planning to have makeup on for a short time, it's a great product. However, in the long-term, after a full day and a bit of oil, this powder will go at least a shade darker and grayer!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this product, really I did. But it breaks me out like a MOFO! It has quite a few pore-clogging ingredients in it (mainly ISOPROPYL PALMITATE) and I'm really suprised that more people aren't breaking out from this too as it is very high on the acne inducing list. It also contains bismuth, which is a known irritant especially for sensitive skin. Every time I used this my face *which rarely breaks out unless I'm hormonal) would be covered in whiteheads. Ughhh.

The finish it gives is pretty nice but can be easily duped for a cheaper pressed powder, I'm sure. It left my face looking matte/satiny, and didn't look cakey. Used over foundation it didn't help to control oil at all though *I have normal-combo skin* and by itself it gave a nice natural looking light coverage.

I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It all depends on how you use it. I have NW20skin and I put this on the top of my forehead as a bronzing effect and sides of my cheek. I never use bronzer in my life before this. I didn't know how to wear it. But honestly, a tip the MA at MAC told me is your skin is never one flat color, when you put on foundation, it's going to make your skin look smooth, and evened out but it will look flat, esp. in photographs. Apply this on the tops of your forehead, sides of your cheeks or where ever and you'll see a MAJOR difference, it gives my face not only a nice and warm color but also dimension, amazing in photographs and still VERYYYY natural... never orange or cakey-looking like most bronzers. I use MAC dainty mineralize blush w/this and it pairs PERFECTLY!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. I have this twisted relationship with it that causes me to love it, yet hate it at the same time. Before I start my review, I would just like to point out the fact that this is NOT a powder foundation. On MAC's website, they suggest using it to set liquid foundation or touch up during the day. If you're trying to use a powder as sheer as this as foundation, of course you're going to despise it.

Anyhow. I'm NC40/42 (depending on the time of year) and was matched to 'Medium Dark'. I don't like this shade at all. Most women with tanned skin are also warm complected. This powder is very cool with strong pink undertones, and appears a little ashy/gray when applied. It's not a huge issue since it's very sheer, but I still feel like they should have made this warmer.

As I said earlier, this provides VERY sheer, almost non-existent coverage. For this reason, it's nice to set liquid foundations when you want something light that won't look masky. Don't expect to get any additional coverage from this though. The SA mentioned that this can also be applied wet, but I have not tried this. I imagine that it would give better coverage that way. BTW- IF YOU ARE GOING TO EXPERIMENT WITH APPLYING THIS WET, REMEMBER THAT YOU CANNOT REVERT TO APPLYING IT DRY AGAIN AFTER. ONCE YOU WET IT, IT CHANGES THE TEXTURE.

The finish for this is matte, but not flat and powdery. That's what I really love about this powder. It doesn't give me a chalky, unnatural finish (*cough cough* Studio Fix Powder). It's actually virtually undetectable on the skin. It builds quite nicely as well.

As far as oil control goes? This is nothing special. If you have oily skin like me, this probably won't do much for you. But it will set foundation beautifully for combo/dry skinned girls who don't need much oil control.

I like the packaging, but I do wish that it had a mirror like Studio Fix Powder. Also, the clear plastic casing pops out a lot (no bother I guess, since it can easily be popped back in).

I recommend applying this with a dense kabuki (such as MAC's 182). This product works best when really buffed into the skin (like all mineral powders).

I do like this, but it's not my favorite. I like a setting powder with better oil control (isn't that the whole point of powder?), and that comes in a better color range than this. I can see why some women would love it though. If you have the right complexion and skin type for this, it could work quite beautifully.

NC30-35// Oily skin. This seemed like the perfect match. The finish looks great and all at first... Until the end of the day when I realized it oxidized and turned a half a shade darker. I personally don't like the look as it made me look muddy. Played around with it one day at home, swatched the back of my hand heavily and decided to spray some Evian water (pretend it's sweat and oil) to see what happened, and my prediction came true as I saw it completely darken the min. The water hit the powder :( still debating if I want to get Medium plus, cause I'm scared that it will also oxidize.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this produt for a natural, non powdery look. I'm an NC42/43 BUT I've seen many others with my same skintone wear medium deep but they have much more peach in their coloring, I have more yellow coloring so therefore...medium dark. I like putting this on...with MAC face and body foundation (C5) and the look is quite natural. Granted, I do put on MUFE HD Powder to set it so it doesn't go anywhere ...I hate it when foundation slides off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I use this powder over my Missha BB cream everyday! It gives my face such a radiant glow that I cannot get with any other powder. It looks natural and does not look cakey and flat, it gives your face a boost, and makes me look more awake because it brightens my complexion, I'm NC42 in studio fix for reference. The only con is that towards 5pm-6pm I have to re-apply to get rid of oil that starts to peek through, but even after re-applying it does not look cakey or powdery just perfect!