Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

4.5

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was in Sephora and came across this perfume. Normally, I go for crisper, greener, more citrus-y scents, but I was intrigued by the idea of a vanilla grapefruit scent so I tried some from the sample roller ball. I really liked the sweetness of the first few minutes, but then I forgot about it after I left the store. I was at home and noticed that the perfume was a little different smelling than it had been when I had first tried it on-- it was a little deeper, more intense vanilla scent, and I could smell the sandalwood much more clearly. I really liked it so I went back the next day and bought the rollerball version ($19) and have worn it for about a week. It's a different scent than I typically go for, but I am very pleased with it.
Side note: the grapefruit is really not a major part of the perfume, so if you're buying it based on the title it's not very accurate.That being said, it's still a lovely perfume and I highly recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I am liking this as my winter perfume right now since it is very oily. Not sure if I will want to use year-round. I love the smell of this, especially after the dry down. Before it fully dries it has a very sweet, prominent rich vanilla scent (another reason why I think this may be too heavy in the summertime). I also think it is too heavy for me to wear to work, so I normally save it for nights and weekends. The scent lasts forever. I don't think I will repurchase because I prefer to buy perfumes that are more versatile/can be worn on more occasions. I can also see myself tiring of this scent eventually.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am crazy about anything and everything vanilla, so when I was in Sephora I quickly ran over to the LaVanila section. I initially wanted to try the Pure Vanilla, because I love true vanilla scents. I was very dissapointed by Pure Vanillla it smelled way too musky and like patcholi, when all I wanted was just vanilla. Maybe it works well on others, but it smelled awful on me.
I went through the rest of the scents which were okay and finally I relectantly put the grapefruit one on. At first I just smelled the grapefruit, but as the scent starts to dry down it smelled like the sweetest vanilla! This smells sweet, fresh, clean, and most importantly to me...like vanilla! You can still smell the grapefruit (it is a lovely pairing by the way) but the vanilla ends up stealing the spotlight =)

on 2/23/2011 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this scent, and so does everyone else who catches a wiff of it. it is kind of a sweet, crisp, citrusy and spicy sent all rolled up into one. the vanilla lends the sweetness, the grapefruit a clean citrus smell, and the cedarwood a musky warm smell. i find it wears well. i can still smell it on my skin at the end of the day easily. i have this and the coconut versions. yumm

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this. However, my husband (who loves the smell of vanilla) isn't crazy about this for some reason, so that limits my wearing it to when he is not around. When I first put this on, the grapefruit scent is overwhelming, but it dries down to a yummy, creamy, unique vanilla. The spray version of this does not smell as good to me for some reason.

The Vanilla Coconut is my favorite, but I find that their sprays don't last on me as long as the body butters do. Since this was the only scent that Sephora had in rollerball, I decided to buy it since the smell was pretty good (I had originally bought it in the spray before i bought the Vanilla Coconut, but returned it because it didn't last long on my skin). I do like the scent...nice and subtle and warm. I still prefer the Vanilla Coconut and just found out that they just launched it in rollerball! Overall, yes, I'd buy it again...although I probably won't need to now that the VC is available. :) That's my all-time favorite scent.

Popular Fragrances