Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL
LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit Roller Ball

4.5

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

I wanted to love this ,but I didn't. When I opened it up it smelled like grapefruit ,fresh clean just like a grapefruit,then I rolled teh rollerball on my wrist and it smelled exactly like vanilla fields. I do like vanilla fields ,but sometimes it can be overwhelmingly sweet ,which this was. It did dry down to a vanilla cookie like scent ,but its not unique enough to keep so I am sending mine back and ,when I feel nostalgic I will open up my bottle of vanilla fields.

on 2/26/2012 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Decent perfume. I got a trial package of 4 of the rollerballs ( vanilla coconut, lavander and pure vanilla ) and this one is my least favourite. It smells a bit to perfumy for me, i prefer the other vanilla scents, especially the pure vanilla. A disadvantage to the rollerballs is i find that i have to reaply frequently as the smell fades quickly. On the upside, it is very portable and has a more natural scent than other brand name perfumes, which i like.

This was almost a winner. I love that it's more natural -- no thanks to cancer etc. The smell is lovely.. but there's something about it that's off. Too sweet, I don't know, but it wasn't a scent I'd make my signature scent. The thing that got to me most is you can barely smell it after you first spray it on. Even I could only smell it while I was sniffing my wrists.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not an expert on perfumes but here's my take on this: love the rollerball ... this one has enough strength that the rollerball gives just enough. This is one scent that does actually have some oomph lasting power...which is pretty rare these days! I love citrus smells so I thought I would love this and while I do like it, I don't love it. It is pretty strong and I really don't get a citrus kick at all - it's more like a vanilla-y almost like patchouli-ish smell. It has a potent kick to it that makes it kinda sexy. I guess the grapefruit is what livens up the vanilla. I wish I were better at describing scents. I would wear this on a date if it were "back in the day" ... bc it is potent but not really offensive. I can't see how anyone would hate it. Overall, I like it ok, I am not mad that I bought it, but I would not buy it again. I will say that it is a very unque smell. I can't say that I have ever smelled any scent quite like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this scent! It's very shiny and happy. Makes me think of that line from Legally Blond "It makes me want a hot dog real bad" lol. Very summer time; something I would wear to a bbq or simple day function. Very sharp grapefruit note, followed by a very simple, rounded vanilla note.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I am liking this as my winter perfume right now since it is very oily. Not sure if I will want to use year-round. I love the smell of this, especially after the dry down. Before it fully dries it has a very sweet, prominent rich vanilla scent (another reason why I think this may be too heavy in the summertime). I also think it is too heavy for me to wear to work, so I normally save it for nights and weekends. The scent lasts forever. I don't think I will repurchase because I prefer to buy perfumes that are more versatile/can be worn on more occasions. I can also see myself tiring of this scent eventually.

on 6/27/2012 10:15:00 AM

I have this in the "forever" oil rollerball version. It was $25 at Sephora, so a tad bit more expensive, but it really does last...forever. The smell is lovely, a creamy sweet yet tangy rich smell, not overly heavy, or cloying. Well, it can be kind of cloying as the grapefruit note sharpens. I can't wear it every day. This one drives the boys nutso, though, in a late autumn afternoon neck-nibbling let's snuggle under the covers kinda way ;) VERDICT = WORTH IT.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this. However, my husband (who loves the smell of vanilla) isn't crazy about this for some reason, so that limits my wearing it to when he is not around. When I first put this on, the grapefruit scent is overwhelming, but it dries down to a yummy, creamy, unique vanilla. The spray version of this does not smell as good to me for some reason.

on 9/7/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased 10 mL/0.32 oz LAVANILA Laboratories Vanilla Grapefruit roller ball at Sephora for $22 CAD. While debating whether to purchase this or DKNY's Be Delicious I decided to go with LAVANILA because my boyfriend pointed out that the fragrance was more unique. Another fragrance in the running was Clinique's Happy Duo; however, I figured the lip gloss was a waste of money.

PRODUCT INFORMATION: The healthy fragrance, natural with anti-oxidants. NO: Perochemicals, Phthalates, Propylene glycol, Mineral oils, Silicone, Synthetic dyes, Sulfates, or Parabens. 100% Recyclable. Not tested on animals. CAUTION: Flammable. Keep away from heat. [link] continued >>

The Vanilla Coconut is my favorite, but I find that their sprays don't last on me as long as the body butters do. Since this was the only scent that Sephora had in rollerball, I decided to buy it since the smell was pretty good (I had originally bought it in the spray before i bought the Vanilla Coconut, but returned it because it didn't last long on my skin). I do like the scent...nice and subtle and warm. I still prefer the Vanilla Coconut and just found out that they just launched it in rollerball! Overall, yes, I'd buy it again...although I probably won't need to now that the VC is available. :) That's my all-time favorite scent.

Popular Fragrances