Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

on 9/11/2017 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A staple in my makeup stash, been using this as my main eyeliner since 2007. I like to try out new eye products but always come back to this eyeliner because it's so reliable, is waterproof and just doesn't budge on my eyes. I like to use it to tight line. It's amazing! It lasts a loooong time. Packaging is a bit boring, but I'd take boring and reliable over pretty but less reliable.

on 8/15/2017 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I've used the Brown-Black shade for years, it's one of the few really dark brown liners available in drugstore brands. Solid black is too harsh for my coloring, but I want something darker and more neutral than the many bright chocolate liners. I liked the original formula better, it stayed where I put it. The new formula is OK though especially at this price point.

I line only my upper lid and partly under bottom lashes, then slightly smudge the bottom line as I do not want a solid heavy eyeline. Sometimes I layer navy or teal over the bottom line after smudging. I do use eyelid primer. Unless weather is extremely hot and humid, the liner stays put at least 8 hours.

This liner loses points on packaging. The sharpener is, as other reviewers note, a joke. When the point gets too blunt for me, I pinch the tip between my fingers to reshape it. The pencil is easy to hold and balances well during application, but the crayon is not inserted well and often falls out, so pay attention how you handle the pencil.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I had been loving the Charcoal shade, but since it has gotten warmer this stuff smudges very easily. After about an hour it has moved below my eye. If you have oily skin or eyelids I would look elsewhere.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG!! This is my favorite eyeliner ever. I have hazel eyes, and always purchase the dark brown shade. This eyeliner is so pigmented, and glides on so easily! I have been buying this one since foreeeeever. The best :) Perfect to through in your make-up bag and touch-up trough out the day!

on 3/14/2017 6:11:00 AM

I used to love this eyeliner when I was in school so I decided to try it out again once my maybeline liner finished. It isn't a bad eyeliner but for the price $20 AUD it wasn't worth it for me, rather the maybeline I was using. The staying power is ok with around 3-4hrs on the lower lashline but it's a natural look after it fades. Doesn't last very long on the waterline at all and for the price I'd rather keep searching for a longer lasting liner.

I have been using this eye liner since I was in high school and I am now 26. I do not plan on straying from it anytime soon either! I have pretty oily skin and this product lasts almost my entire work day, I can tell it starts to smudge a little around 3-4pm (usually just use my finger to wipe off any smudges). I have always used the Black pencil but after reading these reviews I will be purchasing some of the others to try as well.

on 1/16/2017 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a really good eyeliner. I think it beats out nearly all the high end eyeliners. I have oily eyelids and watery eyes (though improving greatly after eliminating gluten and taking supplements for Epstein Barr). I recommend this.

on 1/1/2017 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can't believe I found a new eyeliner that I love so much and that is so inexpensive! I have olive green eyes that are so hard to work with color-wise but I bought this in Jade, which is more of a warm, slightly golden forest shade, and it looks beautiful on my eyes. It goes on my big lids in one or two strokes and stays on until I take it off despite all the gel eye drops I chronically use. The pencil is retractable (no sharpening!) and draws a standard-size, yet precise, line. I also love that it's highly saturated, glides right on, and doesn't tug on my delicate lids. You can also count on this pencil lasting a long time, even with daily use. I am not normally a Revlon wearer, but I sure hope they keep this product and color in their lineup from now on...even my mother got hooked on it when she "accidentally" took my liner home with her after staying at my place for a few days.

on 10/31/2016 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not really waterproof, more water resistant and same with budging. I like automatic pencil with the smudger, makes for better precision. Nothing to special but gives a good amount of time and I like using it as an eyebrow pencil too.

i have this in the navy blue shade.
it is an ok liner, staying power is ok, i use it when i dont need my liner to be super precise.

the pigment is a bit patchy even when swatched, it takes a couple of swipes to get a full line.

also this liner is very dry and tugs a bit when i try to use it :(
not sure how long this liner wears, ive only worn it about 3-4 hours