Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

I have been using this eye liner since I was in high school and I am now 26. I do not plan on straying from it anytime soon either! I have pretty oily skin and this product lasts almost my entire work day, I can tell it starts to smudge a little around 3-4pm (usually just use my finger to wipe off any smudges). I have always used the Black pencil but after reading these reviews I will be purchasing some of the others to try as well.

on 1/16/2017 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a really good eyeliner. I think it beats out nearly all the high end eyeliners. I have oily eyelids and watery eyes (though improving greatly after eliminating gluten and taking supplements for Epstein Barr). I recommend this.

on 1/1/2017 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can't believe I found a new eyeliner that I love so much and that is so inexpensive! I have olive green eyes that are so hard to work with color-wise but I bought this in Jade, which is more of a warm, slightly golden forest shade, and it looks beautiful on my eyes. It goes on my big lids in one or two strokes and stays on until I take it off despite all the gel eye drops I chronically use. The pencil is retractable (no sharpening!) and draws a standard-size, yet precise, line. I also love that it's highly saturated, glides right on, and doesn't tug on my delicate lids. You can also count on this pencil lasting a long time, even with daily use. I am not normally a Revlon wearer, but I sure hope they keep this product and color in their lineup from now on...even my mother got hooked on it when she "accidentally" took my liner home with her after staying at my place for a few days.

on 10/31/2016 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not really waterproof, more water resistant and same with budging. I like automatic pencil with the smudger, makes for better precision. Nothing to special but gives a good amount of time and I like using it as an eyebrow pencil too.

i have this in the navy blue shade.
it is an ok liner, staying power is ok, i use it when i dont need my liner to be super precise.

the pigment is a bit patchy even when swatched, it takes a couple of swipes to get a full line.

also this liner is very dry and tugs a bit when i try to use it :(
not sure how long this liner wears, ive only worn it about 3-4 hours

on 7/31/2016 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was looking for a liner to put on my waterline that wouldn't smudge into my outer corners. A lot of people seem to like this and I love the colorstay foundations so I think it'd be good. Not so much..
The black one is not dark enough, it's more dark grey. I had to run it across my waterline 3-4 times for it to look black. As far as staying power it stays about 2-3 hours. It does smudge into the corners but not too too bad. It stayed fairly well on my lash line but that is not what I bought it for. I liked that I was retractable and I had no issue with it twisting up and down. Didn't use the smudger or sharpener. I will try to return this to Walmart.

Cons: None!

Pros: Glides on smoothly. Does not smudge unless you rub your eyes. I always wear a primer as my eyelids do get oily and this is the only eyeliner for me that will last all day.

I have strayed to other eyeliners throughout the years just to try out however this one is always my go to.

on 7/22/2016 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently bought my second one of this (pencil) eyeliner before my current one even ran out because I bought this on a makeup sale and could not find it anywhere else. I love this eyeliner, it glides on so smoothly and it is just so easy to apply! It stays on really well too even though I have oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this one along with other items from Revlon (i.e. the Photoready), yet this is my favorite from my purchase. The shade I bought was the black one (I don't really like the look of brown liners against my black iris), and I've repurchased 3-4x since 2014. It used to be my go-to liner before I purchased Stila, yet I still use the Colorstay when I don't feel like having sharp lines.
The color payoff is quite good, it turns out to have slightly satin-y finish, and stays put for 7-8 hours. However, it does smudge a little when it's hot and humid, but it's easy to add a little more without making the line look awkward. The only con is that it's so easy to break, but I guess I should be more careful with the handling :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

They discontinued my favorite shade of this which was cocoa. I was distraught