Aveda Smooth Infusion

Aveda Smooth Infusion

3.9

Aqueous (Water/Aqua/Eau) Extract/Extrait Aqueux: Aloe Barbadenis Leaf, Decyl Gluoside, Sodium Coco/Babassu Sulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Babassuamdopropyl Betaine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Dehydroxanthan Gum, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Citronellol, Capryloyl Glycine, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Benzoate, Salicyclic Acid.

on 8/10/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I was going to write a review based on the sample given to me at an Aveda store. To keep it short, I will reiterate and support the one and two lippies that perfectly describe this mediocre product. During the 80's and early 90's Aveda hair products were quality and "the" hair products to use during the 80's and 90's. Sadly I find that most of their products but have steadily taken a dive through the years. Packaging is the only thing that works.

on 7/30/2016 7:29:00 AM

I have tried several Aveda products...they all smell nice and I agree with their brand philosophically. Time and time again I shell out ridiculous amounts of money from crappy products....this shampoo and conditioner set is NO exception.
I have dry, frizzy/curly hair. This stuff trashed my hair making it dry and awful. There is no saving grace to this product. Thank goodness I only bought the sample size which was 8 dollars anyways....what a rip off!
This may be the last purchase I make from Aveda once and for all.

To Read all 110 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/11/2016 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I gave this shampoo and conditioner combo another try for the first time in a month and was reminded why I stopped using it--the combo does literally nothing for my fine, wavy, dry and frizzy hair. It leaves my hair limp, lifeless, dull and crispy and tangly at the ends. To cut back on damage I've been washing at night and air drying, and the morning after this routine my hair was already greasy at the roots and straw-like at the ends. And I didn't have any less frizz than I have with any other shampoo or conditioner (high or low end).

To be fair, the shampoo might be OK on its own, it has a far better rating than it's companion conditioner, but my hair is sooo very fragile and damage prone I don't want to risk it. I'm not sure if it just wasn't the right fit for my texture or if some combination of the ingredients don't jive with my particular hair needs, but I'm going to call it a flop.

My main gripe about this shampoo (and conditioner) is the outrageous pricetag. Over $50 wasted on a product that ended up in the cupboard. In the other hand, I've been using an Alterna combo that was quite pricey, but it is delivering fantastic results. I'm absolutely willing to pay more for a product that legit performs at a higher level. Alas, this Aveda combo did not.

on 7/5/2015 8:33:00 AM

It is a perfectly adequate shampoo. I had nice curl definition, but not perfect frizz control and my hair was still a bit fluffy feeling on the ends yet slightly flat on top. I think this could be nice for those with thicker hair that don't need the balance of heft and not weighing hair down that my fine wavy locks need. If it were less expensive, I may be more excited for it, but it just wasn't anything really special. Nice fresh light scent...light scent for Aveda. I can see how this gets such great ratings, but it just wasn't WOW for me. I am hovering between a 3 and a 4 lippie. I wish I could give it a 3.5.

When I use a new product, it is the only thing I change in my routine. I like to see how a shampoo stands on its own. So all other aspects of my routine were the same except I used this shampoo.

on 5/12/2015 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have thick hair with oily and sensitive scalp that is prone to itching and flaking after prolonged usage of any one product for 2weeks straight so I tend to switch things around occasionally.

I received a trial pack of the 4 step system and this product worked well for me especially in our extreme humidity and kept my unruly hair neat and sleek after the first wash. I used it in conjunction with just the conditioner alone and was impressed enough to go buy the regular sized product.

Product smells great and hair is always well behaved.

on 4/6/2015 2:05:00 PM

I have a new healthy haircut and this stuff makes my hair look and feel like straw. I highly DON'T recommend this stuff. I am using the shampoo, conditioner as well as the glossing straightener, so I can't exactly be certain which product sucks, so I will put this review under all three products.

on 3/18/2015 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is definitely my most relied upon shampoo. I have thin hair and this is moisturizing enough so I don't need conditioner but light enough not to weigh down my hair. Plus, no harsh ingredients and it doesn't irritate my scalp like so many shampoos. It's expensive but I buy it in bulk on amazon.

on 1/25/2015 4:05:00 PM

I buy wayyyyyy too many shampoos in the course of a month, but this is one I always keep in the shower caddie (which is actually a 3-tiered tower for all my products). I always go back to this shampoo no matter how many others I try because: 1. it smells amazing and the scent doesn't make me sick or give me a migraine, 2. it moisturizes but still actually cleanses my hair, 3. rinses clean and doesn't leave my hair feeling lank or coated, 4. lathers enough but not so much to be damaging, 5. is readily available at any number of salons in my area so I don't have to order online and wait. My hair really enjoys the combination of cleansing botanical ingredients and moisturizing ingredients; for me, it's just right. I have hair that is just starting to turn the corner on some serious damage that I sustained almost a year ago. It's still dry and has split ends, but the new growth is healthy and being its my roots, needs a fair amount of cleansing power without a lot of weight. This shampoo balances the needs of my damaged ends and oilier roots. Honestly, even if you have had bad luck with other Aveda products (which I have had too), I still highly recommend giving this a try. This is the stuff I wash my hair with when the new stuff I've bought fails!

on 10/28/2014 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unlike its conditioner counterpart, I quite liked this shampoo. For a bit of background, my hair texture has some natural waves but is otherwise straight - I have very thick strands that have a tendency to become coarse and occasionally frizz. When I rinse out this shampoo, my hair is left feeling smooth (like its name implies) and manageable. I get good results even when I'm feeling EXTRA lazy and skip conditioner and hair oil. I'm only giving this 4 stars though because I do wish it would lather a bit more- I find that I need a lot more product to completely shampoo my hair. It also smells kinda funky - like herbal medicine-y.. and I understand that's because the shampoo is botanical but still not ideal if you plan on going on a date and you smell like a fresh farm (or maybe that's a good thing?). I don't find that it did wonders at controlling my frizz, but my hair does feel quite sleek. I don't think I will be repurchasing this as I would like to try other products.

on 7/23/2014 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've bought the 1 litre bottle of the shampoo and used it for at least 6 months so far so good. The fragrance is luxurious and smells very botanical. Leaves my hair soft and silky overall very happy.