Dove Unscented Beauty Bar

Unscented Beauty Bar

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 4/18/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin and tried this a few months ago hoping that it would be kind to my skin. I don't have sensitive skin so I wasn't worried about trying it.
I didn't like it, it left my skin feeling right, dry and a bit itchy. It felt like it just stripped my face of all of its natural oils and dried it out.
I have a love/hate relationship with my oily skin. On one hand, I hate the way that I look shiny and it can peak through and slip my makeup. I love the fact that oily skin ages better and your skin stays more youthful for longer. That is why I don't want to completely strip my face and that is what I felt this did. I wouldn't use it on my face again.

on 4/18/2017 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has changed my skin care game. I’ve tried many different skin cleansers from various brands and while I’ve never had a real problem with any of them, there wasn’t a single one that wowed me until I tried Dove . I was encouraged by the multiple positive reviews from everyone on MakeupAlley and boy, am I glad that I tried it. It does exactly what it’s always claimed to do; it cleanses without stripping my skin. I always use it after I remove my makeup with micellar water. After patting my skin dry, I use a gentle toner and follow it up with my night cream. My skin has never been smoother and healthier. I should mention however, that I do not enjoy using the Dove bar on the rest of my body as I prefer a regular body wash to do the job. Personally, I think the skin on the rest of our bodies is generally tougher than the skin on our faces, and a moisturizing bar doesn’t seem to clean very well (especially under the arms) and won’t leave your skin any more moisturized than if you used a regular soap or bodywash and applied body lotion after coming out of the shower.
But Dove bar for the face? Absolutely my new HG face cleanser!!!

on 6/28/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is currently my favorite version of Dove beauty bar.
In Canada it's one of only 3 "flavours" if you will, that don't have dipropylene glycol. I personally have a problem with that ingredient.
The other two FYI are: Dove baby, both scented and unscented.

I have wildly varying degrees of sensitive combo/dry skin. Simply browsing my profile here on MUA shows I've pretty much tried everything from $2.00-$70.00.
Simply put: for me less is more. All the stuff-from the Clarisonic to muslin cloths from AHAs to simple witch hazel-to try and help achieve a smooth pore less texture have resulted in a the very opposite.
Dove is what I've used with the most success. There I'll stay.
***UPDATE*** naturally, the formula of all version have changed. Thanks to the Canadian protectionist act, a lot of good things are being kept out of my country and that which is made here can often be cheap and crappy in comparison to US and UK versions. Such is the case with Dove which is made by Unilever Canada. I cannot use this as a face wash any more. It's drying and pore clogging :(
As a tangential side note, I can't wait until the Canadian government changes in the fall.

on 3/7/2015 10:21:00 AM

For years I've wondered why my cousins only use dove soap. Well I recently found out how amazing it is, I've always had really bad acne, and decided to try this as a face wash after my friend suggested it. OMG this works better than any acne wash I've ever used!!!! and cheap too!

on 2/28/2015 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As someone who has dealt with allergies, asthma, and eczema most of my life I'm pretty well versed in what products to use. I generally don't have too many issues with bath soap, even the scented ones but for some reason this one has caused mild irritation. This is truly fragrance free, and moisturizing. It can be used for face of body. I was suggested this after a lecture from my doctor (sometimes I indulge in scenty things) and was going to use this as my everyday bath soap. I have a different albeit somewhat price product I use when I have eczema flares. I can't say this is a bad product, I'm obviously in a tiny minority reacting to this. It cleanses well, and produces a nice lather and is very affordable.

on 11/24/2014 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I use this on my face every other day. its very moisturizing and cleans the skin very well. it makes my skin glow and helps with my rosacea. i love this and will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Only soap my daughter has been able to use. Not even baby soap was gentle enough for her.
This is a staple bar in our household.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used to use this on my face for almost four years and everything was fine. I have hormonal acne and I'm on spironolactone for it, so when I was using this soap a few years ago, slowly but surely all of my acne went away. Last year I started getting itchy huge red pimples on my face and I could not figure out what it was? I couldn't believe I was breaking out like this since I'm on spiro. A few months ago, I stopped using this soap and switch to all natural products. Ever since I've stopped, I haven't had those itchy red spots. I'm thinking they changed the ingredients or it just doesn't work for me anymore. It also dried my cheeks out.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the soap my dermatologist suggested to me about two years ago, and I've been using it ever since. If I don't take care of my face or if I use harsh, non-sensitive skin products on my face, I'll have a breakout of perioral dermatitis.
This looks almost like a rash around your mouth and nose. It only effects women.
So, my dermatologist told me this soap will be safe for me to use everyday.
It's very simple, but it gets the job done. I highly recommend to anyone with sensitive skin or if you're affected my perioral dermatitis too.

on 5/12/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this bar. I searched forever for a simple cleanser and finally tried this after reading MUA reviews. I've been using it for the past year or so when I wash my face in the morning & at night. It doesn't dry my skin out, doesn't leave soapy residue, & doesn't cause breakouts. I should probably note that if I use just the bar without prior makeup removal efforts (like makeup wipes or coconut oil), sometimes there is foundation/concealer residue, but I've had that issue with almost every face wash I've used. Not sure if it's HG status quite yet, but I have & will buy this again as it is extremely affordable & works very well.