4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I'm on a quest to use less plastics I have started using dove soap. My new go to body wash and shaving cream. It leaves the skin soft and stops razor burn. And the scented one are not over powering.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesGreen

a year ago

When we cant find the liquid unscented bodywash from dove we get this instead. This is my mom's go to backup soap. Unscented so if you're not into scented soaps or just dont want it this might be for you. A bar normally dosnt last as long as a liquid formula becase bars can "melt" if left in a wet soap dish so make sure its dry, store it in its original box, or cut it into pieces to use it a bit at a time to stretch it. A very good soap to have on hand.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

2 years ago

It is unscented and makes my skin soft. I buy it a lot since there is no gross fragrance.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Have used this on/off for years for facial cleansing, body wash and feminine hygiene. It never fails to make my skin everywhere I use it really smooth without making me feel really greasy. I love multi-purpose cleansing in the shower and this gets the job done without breaking the bank ... I can easily get a large pack of these guys for under $10 once I have kids I will most likely use this on them to cleanse everywhere since I seem to have the world's most sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate me one bit.

About reviewer (424 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

This has changed my skin care game. I’ve tried many different skin cleansers from various brands and while I’ve never had a real problem with any of them, there wasn’t a single one that wowed me until I tried Dove . I was encouraged by the multiple positive reviews from everyone on MakeupAlley and boy, am I glad that I tried it. It does exactly what it’s always claimed to do; it cleanses without stripping my skin. I always use it after I remove my makeup with micellar water. After patting my skin dry, I use a gentle toner and follow it up with my night cream. My skin has never been smoother and healthier. I should mention however, that I do not enjoy using the Dove bar on the rest of my body as I prefer a regular body wash to do the job. Personally, I think the skin on the rest of our bodies is generally tougher than the skin on our faces, and a moisturizing bar doesn’t seem to clean very well (especially under the arms) and won’t leave your skin any more moisturized than if you used a regular soap or bodywash and applied body lotion after coming out of the shower. But Dove bar for the face? Absolutely my new HG face cleanser!!!

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

5 years ago

This is currently my favorite version of Dove beauty bar. In Canada it's one of only 3 "flavours" if you will, that don't have dipropylene glycol. I personally have a problem with that ingredient. The other two FYI are: Dove baby, both scented and unscented. I have wildly varying degrees of sensitive combo/dry skin. Simply browsing my profile here on MUA shows I've pretty much tried everything from $2.00-$70.00. Simply put: for me less is more. All the stuff-from the Clarisonic to muslin cloths from AHAs to simple witch hazel-to try and help achieve a smooth pore less texture have resulted in a the very opposite. Dove is what I've used with the most success. There I'll stay. ***UPDATE*** naturally, the formula of all version have changed. Thanks to the Canadian protectionist act, a lot of good things are being kept out of my country and that which is made here can often be cheap and crappy in comparison to US and UK versions. Such is the case with Dove which is made by Unilever Canada. I cannot use this as a face wash any more. It's drying and pore clogging :( As a tangential side note, I can't wait until the Canadian government changes in the fall.

About reviewer (318 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

For years I've wondered why my cousins only use dove soap. Well I recently found out how amazing it is, I've always had really bad acne, and decided to try this as a face wash after my friend suggested it. OMG this works better than any acne wash I've ever used!!!! and cheap too!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3.0
from

5 years ago

As someone who has dealt with allergies, asthma, and eczema most of my life I'm pretty well versed in what products to use. I generally don't have too many issues with bath soap, even the scented ones but for some reason this one has caused mild irritation. This is truly fragrance free, and moisturizing. It can be used for face of body. I was suggested this after a lecture from my doctor (sometimes I indulge in scenty things) and was going to use this as my everyday bath soap. I have a different albeit somewhat price product I use when I have eczema flares. I can't say this is a bad product, I'm obviously in a tiny minority reacting to this. It cleanses well, and produces a nice lather and is very affordable.

About reviewer (574 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I use this on my face every other day. its very moisturizing and cleans the skin very well. it makes my skin glow and helps with my rosacea. i love this and will repurchase.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

6 years ago

Only soap my daughter has been able to use. Not even baby soap was gentle enough for her. This is a staple bar in our household.

About reviewer (1081 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral