Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

4.6

on 12/2/2013 9:43:00 AM

This is one of the nicest feel-good fragrances. On one hand you have the real perfurmes, with all their complexity and sofistication and on the other hand you have these nice fragrances which, without pretending to be equal to their more complex sisters, actually beat some of them on many counts. I can name a very long list of latest commercial releases by big houses which are so much boring, non-descript and such a common soup of fruits and flowers that can't even stir in you half of the comfortable feeling that you have when smelling this one. It's not No 19, or Black, it does not pretend to be any, and it's just there to be worn the same way as your Uggs : they are definitely not the most elegant pair of boots in your closet, but they are damn comfortable and cozy when getting out in a cold winter weekend !

I really like this. I notice that on my sister, the vanilla note seems to be stronger. But on me, it's definitely more citrus smelling. It seems to vary from person to person, so you definitely might want to try it before you order it.

I do like that it's not too sweet. I love vanilla, but sometimes scents with vanilla can come across as really young and too sweet. This is not too young, but not too mature either---and it's not overpowering, so it is a perfect everyday scent. I notice some of the criticism in the reviews is that it's not long lasting. It really was long lasting to me, but maybe I'm just extra sensitive to scents.

I like that the ingredients here are more "friendly" and less chemical----my skin is super sensitive, so I didn't have any problem with my skin reacting badly to it.

on 10/6/2013 2:30:00 PM

I like this scent because it is very sweet with just a hint of citrus. It is in no way overwhelming. I think it is a great daytime scent. One criticism is that it is not particularly long-lasting. I would repurchase.

on 2/23/2011 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this scent, and so does everyone else who catches a wiff of it. it is kind of a sweet, crisp, citrusy and spicy sent all rolled up into one. the vanilla lends the sweetness, the grafruit a clean citrus smell, and the cedarwood a musky warm smell. i find it wears well. i can still smell it on my skin at the end of the day easily. i have this and the coconut versions. yumm

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a favorite of mine in the Spring and Summer. You absolutely cannot go wrong with this one, it smells incredible. It's not the most complex of the brand, but it's good. Once the citrus wears down you get a real vanilla scent, and ALL of this line has a real vanilla scent. Nothing is fake or chemical smelling. While I haven't bought full bottles, the rollerballs give you a good amount of perfume.

The Lavanila's can be simplified like this-

Grapefruit is the fresh every day vanilla, but the base is only vanilla once the citrus wears down. Grapefruit, sandalwood, lime, and vanilla.

Pure Vanilla is the sensual fragrance, and it's completely smooth and everything included besides the vanilla, like tonka bean, compliments the vanillas.

Vanilla Blossom.. discontinued? But it was a fresh spring floral vanilla, and reminded me of lime and vanilla- like an iced drink.

Vanilla Coconut- slightly sweet coconut and vanilla. Exotic in a beachy way. With coconut, tiare flower, and vanilla.

Lavender Vanilla- Not as complex as the grapefruit or pure vanillas. It's clean, comforting, and relaxed. With Spanish lavender, rose absolute, violet leaf, and Madagascar vanilla.

I found this to be an EXCELLENT perfume to layer with others. On it's own it's pretty, but it really layers well with Fantasy, BBW Fresh Vanilla Sugar, Live Luxe and others. The combo of Van/grapefruit and Fantasy always gets compliments. So for this reason, I would always keep a rollerball on hand when I want to oomph up one of my other fragrances.

I own the large bottle of this and while I do not normally like the smell of grapefruit, this one dries down to a soft sweet vanilla with just a little hint of grapefruit. The staying power is really good as well.

on 11/2/2009 10:13:00 AM

I think this fragrance is simply great! I would have to also agree that the grapefruit dries down to being quite non-existent after a while, but what is left on me is spicy & creamy. I do not get complimented on this one much, which came as a surprise since I thought it was a great find. I really impress myself with this one (even if no one else is impressed ;) I will continue to buy since lately it appears I have been in the exotic spicy oriental kick & cannot keep sniffing myself when I wear it!

on 3/31/2009 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

One of my favorite "pick-me-up" scents. Want to try the Vanilla Lavendar and Vanilla Coconut.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although I have been a loyal Stella wearer for years, I was a convert the second I smelled this perfume. Although it is seemingly simple, I feel like it embodies so many different things at once. It is both innocent and sensual at the same time and I love that combination. You can definitely detect the tangy grapefruit when you first spray, but the dry down is an awesome delectable and smooth vanilla that actually lasts all day... and we know it's rare that something good will last all day (as opposed to the horrible perfumes that seem to seep into your bone marrow and last for days). Also, to be honest, I am not even a huge vanilla fan but I absolutely couldn't resist this goodness. I have even had to fill an atomizer for my purse so that I can get my fix when I need it, or if it were to wear off (which hasn't happened yet). I will buy again and again.

Popular Fragrances