Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a perfume I've used for years, it has kind of a gourmand feel to it, which I am a big fan of. It smells like vanilla with a tiny bit of grapefruit in it to make it sweeter. It has Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lime, Orange, Heliotrope, Cedarwood, and Madagascar vanilla notes in it. I always get a lot of compliments when I wear this. It's not overly strong, but it lingers on the skin. This is one of my top three fragrances, I really love it. I also own the Pure Vanilla one, but this one is a little better to me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried Vanilla/Coconut and Vanilla and enjoyed limited success with them. But I very much enjoyed the fragrance this mixture deployed. A Sephora SA suggested the grapefruit one to me after I had talked about the limited longevity of the other two I had tried. I was hesitant, but took her suggestion and gave this one a try. I was very pleasantly surprised. This one has staying power and a deliciously refreshing summer scent.
A mix of vanilla and grapefruit, I never thought possible. Five hours into my initial spray, I wasn't bored at all. I was still enjoying LaVanilla Grapefruit. It doesn't matter what age you are to enjoy this light, airy fragrance for the summer or spring. When you want something unobtrusive, that has lasting power, yet is still light enough this just might be for you. The notes that stood out for me were lime, patchouli, bergamot and sandalwood. All in a delicious mix. Now this doesn't remind me of anything grapefruit at all. It's just a heavenly, dreamy, warm, inviting, creamy, vanilla. I'm an original Body Shop vanilla person and I adore true vanilla scents that blend well with the right notes. This one does and belies its name. Even tho I have the plain vanilla, I prefer this one called grapefruit. Go figure.
Although its fragrance notes are linear, some of them still stand alone.
They are: Lime, Patchouli, Grapefruit, Heliotrope, Madagascar Vanilla, Bergamot and Sandalwood.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

I don't love this. I bought it for my purse. It has a nice drydown, but the opening notes are so bright and almost .....green?! I usually love citrus fragrances, but there's something quite masculine in the opening which I'm finding in a lot of fragrances these days. It fades eventually into a round comforting vanilla, but it takes about 30-40 minutes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a favorite of mine in the Spring and Summer. You absolutely cannot go wrong with this one, it smells incredible. It's not the most complex of the brand, but it's good. Once the citrus wears down you get a real vanilla scent, and ALL of this line has a real vanilla scent. Nothing is fake or chemical smelling. While I haven't bought full bottles, the rollerballs give you a good amount of perfume.

The Lavanila's can be simplified like this-

Grapefruit is the fresh every day vanilla, but the base is only vanilla once the citrus wears down. Grapefruit, sandalwood, lime, and vanilla.

Pure Vanilla is the sensual fragrance, and it's completely smooth and everything included besides the vanilla, like tonka bean, compliments the vanillas.

Vanilla Blossom.. discontinued? But it was a fresh spring floral vanilla, and reminded me of lime and vanilla- like an iced drink.

Vanilla Coconut- slightly sweet coconut and vanilla. Exotic in a beachy way. With coconut, tiare flower, and vanilla.

Lavender Vanilla- Not as complex as the grapefruit or pure vanillas. It's clean, comforting, and relaxed. With Spanish lavender, rose absolute, violet leaf, and Madagascar vanilla.

on 3/2/2009 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I ordered Sephora's Scent Sampler during their Friend's and Family sale. (By the way, I suggest that you buy the sampler if you already know that you want this perfume. The sampler is $50 and the fragrance alone is $56!) I already knew that I wanted Vera Wang's Princess when I got it but I ended up getting that for Christmas. I decided to get Gwen Stefani's Lamb but I found it cheaper elsewhere. Long story short, I've decided to use my voucher on this scent. I tried it out when I first got the sampler and it really grew on me--or, I grew on it! There is a somewhat metallic scent to it that I can't describe very well. (However, this might be attributed to how the box the samplers came in smells.) To be honest, I can hardly smell the grapefruit; I mostly smell the vanilla. It's sweet without being too sweet. I find it refreshing in a calming way. What is appealing to me is the simplicity of this scent which I believe is reflected in the design of the bottle. I usually prefer pretty bottles but I think the packaging suits the fragrance. I think that the price of this is a bit too steep for its simplicity though. If I didn't know how much it costs I wouldn't believe it was an "expensive" scent. Overall, I like this product and would purchase it again. (Although, I have yet to go to Sephora to get the full size bottle of this and I used up the sample. I will update my review when I begin using it on a daily basis.)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Granted, this isn't the most original scent in the world, nothing with vanilla really is anymore, but I like it nonetheless. The combo of tangy grapefruit and sweet (but not cloying) vanilla is fresh, sweet and happy (for lack of a better word...it makes me happy anyway) without being overpowering, even in summer. My boyfriend even likes it and he is uber-sensitive to most scents so I suspect that this simplistic formula isn't as overwhelming to the senses. It dries down to a nice warm fruity scent on me, but doesn't smell like cheap body splash or musk like so many vanilla and/or citrus-based fragrances do, and it seems to last awhile. The bottle is huge and so far I've barely made a dent in it but I'd rebuy if I ever run out.

Popular Fragrances