e.l.f. Custom Eyes - Ivory

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/30/2013 10:50:00 PM

I bought four of these eyeshadows for my custom compact and this is one of them. Ive been wanting to try these eyeshadows out because I like hte idea of having custom shades.

I found this eyeshadow to be pretty underwhelming...its a nice creamy white color with some shimmer but thats about as far as it goes for me. It applies powdery and then creased after a few hours.

Yea its cheap but I prefer better quality in my eyeshadows. I have a clinique duo eye shadow that was 15 bucks but its lasted me over 2 years and I use it almost every day!

on 3/5/2013 3:22:00 PM

I really love this color as a highlight color, a color to blend with and an inner eye color. It's a very pretty off white, great for blending without looking unnatural or overtaking any of the other colors in use. It does have a little shimmer to it which doesn't make a difference to me either way. I was using Crystal Avalanche (MAC) on my brow bone almost exclusively, but with some looks it was just a bit too white. This one does the job Crystal Avalanche couldn't do. It's an absolute must have for me right now. The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is because the staying power (I used with a primer) could be better. But hey, what do you expect for $1? It has already far surpassed my expectations already.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the perfect ivory shimmery white colour.
It is so multipurpose and it is great quality for the price
It is pigmented and stays on all day
It is a stark shimmery white colour that can be used for a base colour/highlight
Will re-purchase and it is a great bargain

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

this e/s is a surprise find for me! im attracted to light colored eyeshadows to use for highlighting so when i came across the elf display @ kmart of course i had to give it a whirl for a buck. my favorite highlighters so far are mac nylon & ulta silk. this dirt cheap little gem is very comparable. it has the shimmer & sheen plus the staying power with a primer. in my experience it did not have a terrible amount of product loosen as i dabbed it with a brush & it wasnt chalky at all as others have described these e/s. i will definately buy again! heck i may not have to buy mac nylon anymore with such a price difference!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a great brow bone/highlight color. Elf is awesome. I seriously want everything from them. This shade ivory is a butter soft white which applies great. I love the way it brightens my eyes and makes me look awake. It may be a bit loose but no biggie. Its $1 and the $1 compact u can/should buy is so sleek and pretty. I love filling them up bc all of elfs custom eye shades are beautiful and my top faves. The pigmentation with ivory is perfect, i have pale skin and like most whites they look scary or crazy so im so glad i found this. I apply to brow bone, inner corner and have used as a cheekbone highlight and looks amazing. (I got the idea from a magazine that showed how to contour/ highlight face and gave ideas as to what to buy and listed/showed a picture of elfs custom eye shadow in 'ivory') its a great find and i love all things elf. A white highlight 4 browbone is a must in some looks and its affordable. My Target was carrying this shade (plus a few more as well as the compact) these are great quads and i have 4 palettes and use all of them alot bc u get to pick what shades u want. Love these!

on 3/28/2010 1:56:00 AM

Love this ivory. A lot of these whiter colors have shimmer in them, and I don't notice any in the Ivory. Very awesome base color for a natural eye look.

on 2/27/2010 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

For the price, this is an excellent eyeshadow! I bought this for $1 at K-Mart, as well as a few other colors, and a 4-shadow magnetic palette to store them in. These shadows come in small, circular pans with magnetic backing and are meant to be placed in palettes (like professional MAC palettes).

The Ivory shadow is white with a silvery shimmer. This makes for a good highlighting color. Silvery hues, however, look a little gray on darker skin, but that's expected. You can build up the color from sheer to heavy, but it doesn't look as "white" on your skin as it does in the pan.

The staying power of this product is similar to that of most shadows. It will last longer if you use an eye base or primer, and will probably crease if you have oily lids, but all shadows do that.

This shadow is a little more powdery than, say, a MAC shadow, but for the cost, I'm willing to let that slide! Considering that MAC shadows are $14, I am very impressed by this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very nice white eyeshadow which makse a great brow and inner-eye-corner highlighter! no obvious shimmer but not matte either, it's in between. good staying power with a base and very little fallout. you get a generous amount too. simply put: a very good white eyeshadow for a cheap price.