e.l.f. Cosmetics Custom Eyes - Ivory

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is a pearly white eye shadow. I use it often for my brow bone highlight. It's not overly shimmery, which I really like. The shadow itself is very soft and easy to blend. Overall, Ivory is a good standard color to have in a palette.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found that E.L.F.'s custom compact eye shadows were all really chalky. It seems really pigmented, but there's a lot of shimmer. It's a dollar online or at a store like Target, so if you want a cheap eye shadow then I'd recommend this. I personally don't like shimmer, and this particular color has A LOT of extra glitter. I really like the compact (that you buy separately) for this. It's really large, but It looks really nice and comes with a nice mirror. I've heard that it fits MAC shadows too, so I'll probably be story MAC shadows in the e.l.f. custom compact in the future.

Pros: Affordable, Nice packaging, pigmented

Cons: Very chalky, hard to work with, Too much shimmer

on 2/27/2010 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

For the price, this is an excellent eyeshadow! I bought this for $1 at K-Mart, as well as a few other colors, and a 4-shadow magnetic palette to store them in. These shadows come in small, circular pans with magnetic backing and are meant to be placed in palettes (like professional MAC palettes).

The Ivory shadow is white with a silvery shimmer. This makes for a good highlighting color. Silvery hues, however, look a little gray on darker skin, but that's expected. You can build up the color from sheer to heavy, but it doesn't look as "white" on your skin as it does in the pan.

The staying power of this product is similar to that of most shadows. It will last longer if you use an eye base or primer, and will probably crease if you have oily lids, but all shadows do that.

This shadow is a little more powdery than, say, a MAC shadow, but for the cost, I'm willing to let that slide! Considering that MAC shadows are $14, I am very impressed by this product.