Fancl Rest Eye Gel

2.2

on 2/17/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I went through 2 tubes of rest eye before giving up totally. As eye product users should know, we should always use tube-based eye product vs jar-based cause every time we open the jar, the ingredients deteriorates with exposure to air.

However, I think my 30s eyes need something more heavy duty than rest eye gel or serum. In my opinion, Fancl's target consumers are teens and those in their 20s. So this and the serum doesn't do nothing for me.

Sorry, Rest Eye. And I am a fan of Fancl.

on 7/16/2010 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Light-weight but isn't as moisturising as it claims to be.

on 10/19/2009 12:59:00 AM

I am a new Fancl fan. I have tried the old formula for this eye gel before, and didn't like it due to its sticky texture.

For this new formula, I have only been using it for 2-3 weeks, so it is still early to tell the full results. However, I am liking this new formula much better. Though still more sticky than most eye gels, it absorbs well with simple massage. It keeps my eye area well-hydrated (I don't expect miracles like instant reduction of lines or dark eye circles) and also helps to reduce puffiness a little. The tube packaging is also a plus since I am able to dispense a suitable amount and don't have to dip my hands into any smallish tub.

The price is also affordable despite the small size since many other eye creams cost more than twice its price for double the amount.

Will update more after 1 more month of usage!

Updated: I have finished the tube about a month ago (an 8g-tube lasted me less than 2 months). I like the fact that it makes my eye area feel refreshed and I look less tired. However, it did not help with my few fine lines (which I am more concerned about) or dark eye circles. This is one reason deterring me from repurchasing it. However, if you are looking for basic hydration or something to refresh your eyes, this is one decent and affordable eye gel to consider.

on 10/11/2009 11:50:00 AM

Seems like it doesn't really do that much for me eye but I remembered there's a time when whatever I put on my eye area stings. This is the only one that doesn't sting my eyes. But at the same time, I don't see any difference. Although when I stored it in the fridge and put it on my eyes, the cool gel soothe my tired eyes. I already finish the whole tube and I'm contemplating whether I should change to another eye gel/cream. I probably won't buy it again though.

i'm in between minds about this - it doesnt seem to be doing anything to my eye area, but i really like the packaging and also that this does not contain preservatives.

will be trying out Talika's eye products before thinking if i want to continue using this as i've more fine lines appearing under my eye now - will update my review again.

I don't have unrealistic expectations of an eye gel--I didn't want to get rid of puffiness or dark circles, I just wanted to have a product that would moisturize, and this product did not perform as a moisturizer. I have scaly skin flakes under my eyes that interfere with my under-eye concealer, even after using the gel.

didnt do anything to my eye concerns.

on 11/3/2007 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am allergic to dust and mites, so I rub my eyes a lot while I sleep. Now I have few fine lines around my eyes and have dark circles that can't be cured, unless I can get rid of my allergies.I want an eyecream that is moistuizing and can reduce my dark circle.
I did a little experiment with LRP Hydraphase and FANCL rest eye gel.
I notice a differnce, LRP is better ( but my drak circles are still here ! )
PRO : Creamy ( Emolant ) texture but doesn't clog pores and feel light, Nice smell
CON : Can't reduce dark circle, make my fine lines WORST.It doesn't cause you an arm or a leg, but it has short shelf life and expires so fast after opening.

on 1/14/2007 5:19:00 AM

I bought it in the hope of reducing my dark circles. Great texture & light weight. I apply this in the day, not much effect after 1 wk. Dark circles still remain, but i do see some effect in reducing puffiness though. Price is not too exp for others to buy and try.