Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.2

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 3/5/2013 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

On days when I'm just feeling shitty, or when I just don't feel like looking like a human being, this foundation is just the quick fix I need to kick myself back into looking decent.

It is definitely an extremely light formula, and if you have acne or spots you want to cover up, I would not recommend it. However, if you are feeling sensitive or you do not want to cake a lot of stuff over your face, this is the foundation for you.
I wear it on days when I have no acne to cover but when I do not feel up to going for the full-on makeup look. It is good for a natural look.

If you are expecting a dramatic change upon putting this foundation on, you will be disappointed. I guess on the flip side, that could be good because it won't be that big of a deal if you accidentally got the foundation in a slightly different tone than your face.

I personally like the natural look, and I also have sensitive skin so I really like this product. Additionally, although a bit pricey, it is still affordable for a student like me.

Unfortunately, I am not very fond of the tube design. It makes it hard for the foundation to come out in the later stages of its life. If not careful, the foundation tends to squirt out and get all over your sink and mirror.

on 2/9/2008 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I would give this a higher rating and repurchase it if it didn't break me out...my skin can tolerate the formula for only two days in a row max. If I use it everyday, guaranteed I'll have some breakouts erupting on my cheeks and chin. The way I use the product is mixing it into my Shiseido spf 55 lotion or any other moisturizer/sunscreen. I agree with some of the previous reviews -- how the formula is streaky, a bit glimmery...but that's if you apply it to unmoisturized skin full strength. I always hydrate with a separate lotion beforehand to ensure a smoother application. I don't have much luck with tinted moisturizers or foundations...haven't found the perfect base yet that I can wear everyday without experiencing some kind of irritation or pore clogging. I may go back to Dr.Hauschka's Translucent Bronze Concentrate -- the tint is slightly too orangey if I use too much, but at least it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a product that I do like, but would only use for the summer. I like that it's oil-free and has an SPF of 30, so I don't have to apply sunscreen underneath. It's not something you can wear to give you a lot of coverage, and it sometimes looks a little too orange on my skintone (between fair and medium), but if you blend you should be ok. The little light reflecting particles in it are a nice touch, but if you have oily skin you're definately going to need some powder on top. After August I'm going to go back to my regular foundation, which is much less expensive than this (13 bucks a tube?! it's not even that big!). Overall, I like it because it makes me look nice and covers minor imperfections without looking too made up in the summer heat.

on 2/14/2007 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried all most all Neutrogena foundations/moisturizer or press powders. I like this one the most. It is really light weighted and goes on easily... it matches my skin tone perpectly (I have the lightest one). The reason I gave a 5 because it gives a very "vivid" natural glow on me; I don't feel like having any makeup on. SPF 30 is a bonus. Normally I use Clinique city block SFP 40; SPF 30 is just fine... It is true it doesn't provide much coverage, I normally apply concealer before it..But it does even out the skin tone and covers most of the porous looking. I use a little bit loose powder after it. The best part..it stays put all day. I tried expensive foundations before like from Chanel, Sue Duevitt, Lancome and clinique..this one wins over all of them. (btw, I am in my late 20's. and have slightly oily skin in winter, oily skin in summer.)
Edit on June 12, 07. Modify my rating from 5 to 4. The reason is in summer, my skin gets more oil during the day--this doesn't look as perfect as when I used it in spring. Basically my skin feels oily with it. I guess it is just perfect for me except for summer. :(. My current HG foundation is from Boots: No.7 Stay Pefect foundation (liquid). I had a review on it.

on 6/16/2005 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to love this, I really did, but I just can't! I tried this in every color except the darkest one and could not get a match to my skin tone. I tried mixing two together and was semi-satisfied with the color, so I gave it a test drive. By the end of the day, my face felt like a grease ball. I do get a little bit oily during the day, but never like the oil slick this stuff gave me. I could see this working on someone with fairly dry skin that's more warm than I am... but it did NOT work for me. For your reference, I am NW-20-25 with dark brown hair and eyes.