Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by age: 44-55
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.0

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

my holy grail. hate looking like i have foundation on,and this just looks like my skin is healthy and luminous on its own!!!!!
i just love love love it all the way around!

on 9/8/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I am anal about making my skin look as near perfect as possible. I don't have amazing skin - good sometimes, but not amazing. When my skin is blemish-free, I LOVE how this looks right after I apply it and top it off with light powder. Dewy, even, clean, like I just got a facial. Light-medium is a perfect match for my hard to match olive NC25-30 skin. More product, darker color. The next darker shade is reddish - not yellow based as light-medium. I've gone through a couple tubes of these - used to mix my own shades for my ever-changing skin tone....BUT it leaves my oily skin too shiny, even with Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder over it.

PROS: Very natural looking, extremely light coverage, has SPF, perfect match for NC25-30, no shiny flecks, squishy tube is great for travel.
CONS: Too sheer for my skin that has slight discoloration and occasional acne, stings my eyes if it gets too close, makes my face so dewy it looks wet.
I started using this when a makeup artist told me that as we age, less heavy makeup really looks better and fresher, and it is so true. I had been using MAC Studio Fix for years and wanted a change to something more natural looking. I've found that Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation has a bit more coverage than this, but is very natural looking with light coverage. I've been using that predominantly for years now. But on occasion I return to this Neutrogena - maybe for a weekend at home when I don't want to be totally naked faced. I wish my skin was great so I wouldn't need any foundation! This is worth trying if you have great skin that's normal to dry.
EDIT: Just gave this 2 more lippies cuz I've been wearing it for a few days and today a total stranger told me I have beautiful skin - that never happens! I think the trick is to apply with a kabuki brush...my skin looks even all day and not overly shiny - yeah!

I used Ivory to Fair, shade 10, which was a really good colour match for my fair skin. That, the spf 30, and the light-weight easy squeeze tube are about the only things going for it. Actual performance is terrible. It settles in pores and emphasizes dryness without adding any moisture. You basically need a primer under it, which sort of defeats its purpose as a one-step spf, moisturiser, tint. I don't mind putting primer over my moisturiser and under my foundation. However, I don't want to put primer on before moisturiser. Without a primer it's going to settle in every pore and line. Even with a primer it kind of slides around on top and doesn't sink in. Lose-lose. Anyway, gave it several tries, but it's so terrible most of the tube is going in the bin.

on 9/8/2013 12:28:00 PM

Cons: Skin had some kind of allergic reaction to it- stung all over. Huge breakouts. Stuff is very greasy, coverage terrible, settled in pores. Shade wasn't right- minimal selection.

Pros: None that I can think of- really.

I bought this product while on vacation and realizing that I'd left my entire makeup kit at home. I just thought I would give this a try instead of my normal heavier foundations. I used this on top of the Garnier moisturizer that I was using at the time. It was okay. . I don't really need a ton of coverage but at my age I do need some. After I got home I mainly used it for days when I wasn't really going out. Anyway, fast forward to the present. I ran out of my regular foundation and reached for this product. This time, the results were terrrible. The difference is that I am now using a Neutrogena moisturizer (Rapid Tone Repair) underneath, and when I put this on top of it, it pills up. (I had hoped that the brands being the same, that there would be some compatibility.) So now I'm skipping the moisturizer entirely, and just using this. I suppose it is more like a tinted moisturizer anyway, but it doesn't say that on the packaging. Just this without moisturizer is okay, but I think for me it's best used on casual summer days. It is just not quite enough coverage for my 50+ skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product interested me because I wanted a tinted moisturizer that had antioxidants and sun protection. This did both but that is where the compliments stop.
This is thick and hard to blend even though the coverage is very minimal. It also tends to crease. Any defects like large pores or dry areas will be emphasized because this has so much shine to it. You can literally see the sparkles in this.

Maybe with someone with dry skin and NO pores this would work but not for m.

on 7/14/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a number of sheer foundations and haven't found any that I like quite as much as I do this one. I have very oily skin, and this product doesn't make mine look or feel 'greasy' at all. Because it is sheer, I use the medium to tan colour and primarily on and around my nose where there's patchiness. I use it with a very light hand and blend quickly and THOROUGHLY and then top it off with a sheer powder. Perfect. If you use this heavily, it will look hideous. But girls, it's not meant to be used that way. If you want heavier coverage use another product.

This product does not provide enough coverage, and I have good skin. It just makes my face look shiny. Very disappointing.

on 4/28/2007 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After 5 years of BE minerals, I wanted to try something different. I'm 49, and need some coverage to cover rosacea. This works wonderfully, as long as I use concealer first. There's a great healthy glow to my skin, and I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup. I wouldn't wear it to work, but I put it on first thing in the morning and feel ok going to the grocery store, etc. The SPF is great: 30! The coverage is very sheer, and the look is completely natural. I bought light; in BE I wear fairly light.

on 4/22/2007 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I agree with "paletangirl" below. This is one of the best foundations I have tried in a long time. I usually wear Everyday minerals but wanted to try a liquid again. This foundation feels very luxurious and silky yet is oil-free. The coverage is pretty sheer but enough for days when you want to be natural, and the dewiness or glow blurs imperfections beautifuly so that you may not need heavier coverage. You can layer a bit of mineral foundation over it for more coverage. The glow is subtle and totally appropriate on my 40 something skin. And I do not have great skin! The spf is fabulous and I am impressed with the color match. I like that Neutrogena often has more yellow in their bases - it is more natural and flattering. I have a hard time matching foundation to my skin tone and the light to medium was perfect. I have light to medium olive skin with some redness. I think these run a bit darker than you would expect. Although this is a sheer foundation, it seems to even out skin tone and blur imperfections without excessive coverage which is an amazing feat IMO!! I used to love Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Sheer foundation which was very similar and it was discontinued. This may be its reincarnation and I am thrilled! Fabulous product and value!