Davines Relaxing Fluid

Davines Relaxing Fluid

4.2

on 8/21/2017 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was moving from the upper midwest to the uber humid south. I asked my stylist if she had anything to help keep my fine wavy to curly hair that I wear on the curly side in check. She gave me this. Before the move, I knew that she had used this when she blew out my hair and for the first time ever, my ends were not all wispy and fly away (because my hair is that soft and that fine). I actually had some bounce and heft. So regardless I was going to keep this. But fast forward 2 months later and I am in the midst of southern humidity and my hair and all the products I used in the upper midwest, hate me. My hair would look ok, then I walk outside and it was all over. Then I tried this in replacement of my usual HG Davines Styling Cream (the original). It was the only thing I changed. It is so hot, I have to take a shower before bed so I don't feel gross and I had to wash my hair. I used this and was pleasantly surprised. But the good kept on coming. The next morning, my slept hair still looked really good! And I got the full three days before HAVING to wash!

Also, let me point out something. I wear my hair curly unless my stylist blows it out after a cut. So I used this RELAXING fluid on my tender and easily pulled out waves and curls in replacement of my curl cream (Davines), and I still had really great, bouncy, defined wavy to curly hair. Maybe not as tight as curls, but very nice. I still use my LA Looks blue gel from crown down and this from ends up to midshaft (just like I used the Davines) picking slightly at the crown then diffuse dry. I do hope they never stop making this. And I will always be thankful for my favorite stylist (we had been together 13 years before I moved) recommending this for me. She always knew my hair so well!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

READ THE UPDATE! My hair gets super frizzy whenever I blow dry it or go outside for .25 seconds when it is humid. I've tried other serums with argon oil and they never worked for me. I went to the salon to get my hair done and my stylist used this on me. I loved the way my hair was frizz free, silky and shiny. She kindly gave me a sample, which I've been able to experiment with! I've learned that you need just the right amount - not too much, but not too little. If you use this and it doesn't keep your frizz down, I suggest using a bit more, that's what worked for me.

This is the only product I've been able to find that makes my hair so nice. It looks just like it did when my stylist did it!

I know this can be a bit pricey to some, but when you think about it, it's really not. You are getting a lot of product and you only need a nickel size everytime you use it. Assuming you wash your hair every other day, (since washing your hair every day will make it dryer, and your hair already is since it's frizzy) this bottle should last you months, maybe even a year.

I would really recommend this, it works!!

UPDATE:

So I tried a different Davines product that I got a sample for and it makes this product look like dirt. It's the Davines Love Hair Smoother. I would 100% recommend it - there is zero frizz after I use this! Plus, it actually stands against humidity, unlike this one. Buy the hair smoother, not this!!!

on 7/24/2012 1:03:00 AM

Enjoying this as a change from Kerastase Nectar Thermique... It works well to make my hair less bouffy and frizzy. Natural wave is still there though... Definitely have found that the less you use, the better the result. I tend to now just rub a very small dab between my hands and spread through my hair. More than that and my hair looks slightly greasy and weighed down. Will be buying again!

on 6/2/2010 12:01:00 AM

I have been using this product along with the smoothing shampoo and conditioner from Davines for the past year. I love the way my hair feels and the great look after the blow dry. There is good slip without being greasy unfortunately thats where the love affair ends. This does not stand up to the humidity in SC but I have not found anything that does. My hair begins to puff up shortly after going outside. It worked great in the winter when the humidity was lower ( Still had to use flat iron ) but as soon as the sticky humidity started poof there went my hair. I use a great flat iron by Paul Mitchell and even using both does not stop the frizz. For reference my hair is shoulder length, super curly and thick, color/ highlighted. This product would probably work for many but for hair like mine in our high humidity here on the coast/ beach area it cannot beat the frizz. My hair gets a limp frizzy look due to being straightened with the flat iron ,believe me its not pretty to look at. My stylist added Wizard non-oil on my last visit that didn't help either. Still looking......

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My daughter has really fine, cotton candy kind of hair. Recently, my stylist suggested that she try Davines Relaxing Fluid. This stuff has worked wonders on her hair. It feels much thicker and glossier. The smell is fairly unpleasant and lasts all day, but if you can get past the scent it's a great product for fine hair. Use only a tiny bit though or it will probably weigh your hair down.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is for the NEW version called obnoxiously "This is a Relaxing Fluid". I absolutely adored the original version in a red tube. It was the only hair product I emptied several tubes of and was magical. Smoothing, styling, volume, yet absolutely weightless. Light peachy scent, just perfect! Now, the new version smells like strong mens' cologne, makes my hair heavy and greasy-feeling. I'm mystified by Davines' new marketing and products. Gone are the bright, appealing packages with catchy names. Instead, there are generic tubes with a cheap patterned sticker that looks like my camp-counselor art from the 90s. The names start with "This is...", (ie "This is a Strong Hold Gel") in difficult, small font. I am no marketing expert, hopefully they did research? I can't imagine any professional straining their eyes to see tiny writing on similar tubes with lengthy, esoteric names. The salon I buy products from were disappointed by the Relaxing Fluid switch. Gone are my favourite products! Oh Davines, you broke my heart! Why the changes??

on 12/28/2008 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A good product, tames my frizzy hair but fails to keep my hair straight in humid weather. An aspect I did not like is that it tends to build up in my hair and leave it kind of sticky despite regularly using a clarifying shampoo.

on 5/23/2010 6:18:00 AM

Excellent product- a little bit goes a long way and smoothes my thick, fairly straight hair perfectly. Althoug it doesn't claim it, I also find it provides enough hold for decent style. My hair feels so much softer without being weighed down. Amazing! I bought it in Toronto at my salon for about $25 for a big tube.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Best relaxing balm/cream since phytorelaxant!

a small amount goes a long way. i find people over use these types of products, and they become too heavy. This stuff has a great slip to it for blow drying. But also if i air dry my hair and wear it wavy, put it in towel dried hair and it helps to keep it from getting big or frizzy.

I know this is cheesy, but I have waited 57 years for this product. I absolutely love it. I have very curly hair that tends to frizz. This product completely keeps my hair from frizzing. It is amazing!

Popular Styling Products