CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.3

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

I love this liner! It goes on smooth, it says put, and it never dries out in the pot. It is my fave.

on 5/8/2013 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I honestly didnít know gel or cream liner could be this magnificent. I wear winged liner every day and have always just bought the gel/cream liner from the drugstore because I thought why pay more for basically the same thing. Iíve tried LíOrealís, Maybelline, Wet n Wild, Elf, Physicianís Formula and a few other drugstore liners in the little pots. Some have been horrible and others were good and I assumed they were as good as it gets. I thought it was normal for a cream liner to work great for about a month before it would start to dry out and become difficult to apply and flake all over my face throughout the day. Iíve never been able to hit ďpanĒ or completely use up any of my drugstore liners because they just become far too hard to work with. Then a few months ago I was at my local Clinique counter and decided to try their cream liner for the heck of it. Let me tell you, this stuff applies like nothing I have ever used; it is so soft and smooth, like butter. This liner applies so easily that itís saving me time in the morning because I donít have to struggle with applying dry, pasty liner. The best part is that the consistency of this liner is exactly the same as it was the day I opened it; it is showing absolutely no signs of drying out. I have the black color and it is a true deep black; dries to a matte finish and I only need to go over the line once to get a solid black line. This liner cost me $16 which is only about $5 more than the drugstore brand I was using and in the long run the Clinique liner will be cheaper since itís not drying out and becoming unusable. I will definitely be getting my moneyís worth on this liner.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It was not at all what I expected from an "eyeliner" I'd compare it to a mac paint pot it would make a better base. It's easy to get too much I started with a full container and once I built up non patchy color and put a couple swatches on my hand there was a significant dent in my container which I'm also going to post a photo of. The dry down time is sllllllow and it's not waterproof I smudged it 2 min after I applied it with my med shader brush. First swatch was the residue left over from my horrible attempt at my eye the second is layered and the third is one 2. And I also compared it to a paintpot which is not supposed to be opaque in one swipe. Overall patchy thick goopy slow drying easily transferred, it takes a lot of product I put a significant dent in one use. The color is nice though.

When I say that I love this product, I mean I LOVE this baby... I love how creamy it is and that it takes a little longer to dry than other gel liners... like say, MAC Blacktrack. Because it takes longer to dry, you have more time to work with it before it sets. Now if you have hooded eyes or monolids, this may be a problem. It is very black and dries matte... I can't say how long the pot will last because I've only had it for a month. I will update my post when I know. It's been said before, but the brush it comes with it total crap... I like to use the MAC 209. The staying power is very good, but not amazing. I would say that Blacktrack wins this battle. Over all a great product, would definitely repurchase.

Sorry to sound like everyone else but this is the queen of liners. It doesn't budge or transfer, even on my tightline where I use it most. Unlike my MAC fluidline, it hasn't dried out at all - I have had it for over a year and the consistency is the same lovely creamy texture it was when I bought it. HG product.

on 1/24/2012 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing gel liner for years and this is the one I prefer by far. It's jet black, doesn't budge until I'm ready to take it off, and is creamy and easy to apply. I love that it doesn't dry out until I'm done with the entire thing, I've found that a lot of other gel liners tend to go dry long before they've run out. Definitely a staple for me!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A great liner. I have oily eyelids, so I wasn't sure if a cream would be for me. But the Clinique girl had it on, and it looked amazing. I told her about my lids, and she said I wouldn't have any problem. I'm glad I got it because it's incredible. It stays on, doesn't smudge. I love the texture of it, and the brush is a lot easier to use than I thought it would be. I was used to using felt tip liners, but the brush is great. I definitely would buy it again.

on 12/17/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My favorite gel eyeliner to date (or cream, as it calls it, though I consider it a gel). I haven't used any high end gel eyeliners, or MACs, but I can compare it to some drugstore brands- Maybelliene's and Wet n Wild's. Both of those eyeliners are decent, but this Clinique one beats them both by a long shot.
The consistency is easy to work with, I use a very thin straight eyeliner brush (not the one it came with), and I am able to apply the liner smoothly and evenly. It lasts ALL DAY. Even without a primer. This is not something I can say of very many eye products. The color is a true black. I have had it for a month or so and it has not dried out at all, and I even left the lid off a few times (accidentally). I don't think it's very expensive, I find Clinique's prices reasonable, and in my opinion its worth shelling out the extra cash and getting this over a drugstore product. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

So in my search for a great cream liner I purchased this product thinking "it's Clinique, It will be awesome." I love Clinique, it's one of my most coveted makeup and skin care brands, but honestly, this stuff is complete rubbish.
The brush it comes with is so small, you can't use it and expect to get a good application, not to mention the bristles are stiff as a board so all you end up doing is moving the liner around your eye, but never actually getting a smooth application.
Secondly, the liner smudges and smears everywhere. Within the first hour of wear it was transferring onto my upper lid and losing it's color. I was shocked and a bit irritated by the low quality of this eyeliner. I immediately returned it, there is no way I will spend $15-20 on a liner that comes off right after I apply it.

on 6/1/2011 6:44:00 PM

I'm disappointed by this product. Firstly the brush. I guess for a lot of people this isn't a big deal, judging by the reviews, but I was legitimately ANNOYED when I opened the box and saw the brush! It is COMPLETELY useless. it's so tiny you can barely hold the thing, the brush hairs are way too short and stiff with absolutely no flexibility at all so when you put the brush in the pot it just sticks in the product making big dents in it. it's impossible to "load" the brush and get the product worked into the bristles and impossible to brush it on your skin because the bristles don't move, it's like scraping a damn cocktail stick on your eyelids. fortunately i had other eyeliner brushes that i could use, but it just really annoyed me that they would bother to make this shoddy little brush and include it, especially as the woman who was selling it to me was like "and it includes the brush so you don't need to buy anything extra!!" - some people buying this product might NOT have other eyeliner brushes already so would get home, not be able to use the product properly and have to go out again to buy a brush. i mean it's not the cheapest product ever, so i don't know why they couldn't have made a better brush- you can see just by looking at it just how rubbish it is, so they obviously knew it wouldn't be any good. the maybelline gel eyeliner is like, half the price and they managed to include a GREAT brush so why couldn't clinique? they've obviously marked up the price a bit to reflect the fact that there is a brush included as well, so basically anyone who buys this is paying money for a brush that does not work at all. clinique should not bother putting the brush in if they can't be bothered making one that works with the product and that represents the quality of their products.
ANYWAY enough about the brush. the eyeliner isn't great. when you try to blend it across the lash line the liner that you've put down just... comes off. it transfers like crazy. impossible to smudge. i've never had this problem with cream/gel liners before. this probably sounds like i hate clinique, but actually the opposite is true. i love clinique. i've had/currently have so many of their products. i've used clinique 3 step for years, love clinique mascara, their tinted moisturiser, concealer, PENCIL eyeliner, pressed powder, blusher. i'm just so disappointed by this product because it doesn't match their usual standards.