MAC Satin Blush - Well Dressed

MAC Satin Blush - Well Dressed

4.2

Ingredients: talc, zinc stearate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, isostearyl neopentanoate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol. May contain: silica, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 30 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love the formulation of this place. I'm not sure if all of Mac's satin blushes are like this, but this is especially beautiful. On my light olive (C2) skin, this shows up a pale blue-toned pink, almost lavender, and it has this beautiful silver sheen to it. It makes me look like a human unicorn. I really cannot express how beautiful this shade and formula is. I can see myself wearing this a lot in the winter, as it gives you the same flush you get from being in the cold too long. This lasts all day on me, but I do touch up sometimes just to make it stand out even more.

I'm NC25, neutral undertone. For years, this was my go-to blusher. Recently though, I have found that the colour payoff is rather weak. I'd still look pale even after 2-3 strokes of this on each cheek. Also, the satin shimmer tends to accentuate open pores. Not loving this blush so much now.

on 3/1/2017 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Was super excited for this as a light cool pink, but on my nc25-30 complexion it takes a ton of layering and product to show up. It is SO pretty when it does though, super ethereal and glowy and seamless, so I give it 4 stars. The packaging seems super weak so I try to be careful with it. I'd probably go for a more pigmented shade next time but this will do for now!

on 4/1/2016 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't show up in my skin at all. I'm between an NC15 and NC20. Really wanted to love this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just not enough pigmented, you really need to be a ghost to make it look good on you.

on 1/28/2016 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of the worst MAC blushes I have tried. Whilst it looks like a nice cool baby pink in the pan, I'm a neutral NC20 and this gives hardly any colour payoff on me. When built up all it leaves me with is a frosty silver shimmer that accentuates pores and looks awful. Texture is not smooth and doesn't blend easily. Not worth the price at all.

on 1/28/2016 11:45:00 AM

Well-Dressed is a very light dolly pink shade. I'm light olive and I have to really pack it on to get it to show up. It's VERY light and VERY sheer. And because it has a slight shimmer (which would normally be very subtle), when I heavily apply it (because I have to) the shimmer becomes very pronounced. I actually like the frosty ice princess look I get with it but it's not a very versatile blush for me. It has good longevity though, and I would recommend this one for very fair skinned peeps.

on 12/12/2015 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am an NC 20 and this product did not show up on my skin. Maybe I am looking for a better color pay off than a subtle pink shade. Mind you, I have a bit of red on my cheeks and this just looks like bleh. Cubic on the other hand shows up quite nicely. Oh well, I really want to love this blush as I am a MAC blush addict but it didn't work for me.

on 10/25/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Ok long story short: I am a very yellow toned Hispanic/Asian girl. For YEARS I have had an awful time finding pink blushes that work with my skin tone. I have tried so many different pink blushes and they all turn orange, muddy or some other bizarre shade on my skin. I have never found a pink blush that actually kept its pink color once it hits my skin; till today that is. I tried MAC mocha and blushbaby and both turned a muddy orange. My mother who is very pale but still yellow toned is obsessed with Well Dressed. Just out of curiosity I tried it on myself and wow! This is the only pink blush that works with my skin tone. In the pan it's a mid toned pink color, kind of the color of bubblegum however it is not fluorescent or too bright. On my skin it's a beautiful every day pink flush of color with no brown or orange tinge to it. It's also a satin finish so it has a really nice sheen to it but it's not too shimmery. It's stays true on my skin to what it is in the compact. If you have a hard time finding pink blushes for yellow or olive skin tones this is the first one that I would recommend. It's perfect for every day and goes with everything. I'm usually drawn to shades like Peaches, Melba or Gingerly, with that being said well dressed is the pinkest blush in my collection but it's completely irreplaceable and I will be buying it forever. I found the one!

on 9/27/2015 4:08:00 PM

Love this blusher. Very natural, pinky shade that compliments my nc15 skin. The satin texture provides a slight delicate glow that I love. This combined with MAC Face & Body is my all time favourite look! Had this for a year now and there is still loads left...have only just hit pan.

Popular Blush Products