Earth Science Apricot Intensive Night Creme

Earth Science Apricot Intensive Night Creme

4.3

8.19.15- EARTH SCIENCE WEBSITE INGREDIENTS LIST:Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) FlowerAqueous Infusion , Glycerin , Glycine Soya (Soybean) Oil , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG 100 Stearate , Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil , Cetyl Alcohol , Sodium PCA , Glycine Soya (Soybean) Sterols , Sodium Hyaluronate , Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Extract , Sambucus Nigra (Elder) Flower Extract , Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract , Arnica Montana Flower Extract , Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract , Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract , Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract , Retinyl Palmitate , Ascorbic Acid , Tocopherol , Allantoin , Lactic Acid , Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract , Potassium Sorbate , Phenoxyethanol , Fragrance///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////OLD FORMULA:Marigold Infusion, Glycerine (Vegetable), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Apricot Kernel Oil, Soybean Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Sodium PCA, Cetyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Sugar Cane Extract, Soya Sterol, Ivy Extract, Arnica Extract, Cucumber Extract, Elder Extract, Tocopherol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Allantoin, Hyaluronic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Natural Fragrance Oils, Licorice Root Oil, Bamboo Oil.pH 5.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted this to work for me but it broke me out after first application. My skin did not feel great the next morning and I do think it feels a little greasy.

I've been using this at night for over three years. Moving back to New England winters after ten years turned my face into a sad dry desert, and I tried a number of other vegan moisturizers before settling on this. It's rich and nourishing--I put it on at night, and I don't wake up with flakies anywhere. It keeps the skin around my nostrils from cracking in the winter weather, but without also clogging up my pores and causing breakouts.

I use it every night, even in the summer, though I use a thinner coat in warm weather. If I'm having a particularly bad breakout or dry patch, I pat on an almost opaque layer and see a vast improvement in the morning. It's not sticky, and despite containing "fragrance," is pretty much odorless to me. The price is more than reasonable considering the results I get. I use 2.5 containers a year, and don't use many other skincare products, so it works for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I recently started wearing makeup again and possibly had a bad reaction to old or new makeup I used, but more likely to some old coconut oil I used as makeup remover two nights in a row. My skin became so dry, there were rough patches on my cheeks and forehead, and lines formed under my eyes. My eyes appeared puffy throughout the morning. Any attempt to wear tinted moisturizer just accentuated the dry patches and lines. I seldom have skin problems, so, needless to say, it was alarming.

I stopped wearing makeup and switched out my skin care regimen with rose water spray, rosehip oil, and a new eye cream all purchased from Whole Foods. After the first night of using them, I could already tell I would be needing something heavier.

After having spent so much money on new makeup and new moisturizing products, I couldn't bring myself to shop around Sephora or a department store to buy something that might work. On the other hand, drugstore products don't have the best reputation with skin care ingredients and they usually don't do anything for my skin anyway. I was still hopeful.

I finally decided on this cream among moisturizers by Alba Botanica, Juice Beauty, and Andalou Naturals well, really, because it was the only one labeled as an intensive night cream for dry to very dry and mature skin, which is definitely how I would have described my face at the time.

Like others have said, this is a thick cream that absorbs into your skin within minutes. There is fragrance listed in the ingredients, but it's light and fruity, I guess like apricot, I don't know. Even though this is the thickest product I have ever used on my face, I find both the consistency and fragrance pleasant. My skin ranges from normal to combination depending on the time of year, but that doesn't really apply since my face wasn't being its usual self anyway.

So, the morning after the first night I used this product, there was a dramatic difference. Not 100% normal, but the lines were reduced and I was confident my skin would be back to normal in the next few days. I wore a thinner coat in the morning all over my face, including around my eyes. I repeated this the next day with makeup over it, and my makeup did not slide off. (I do live in Seattle, which has a much drier climate compared to what my skin is used to.) On the second day, I would say my skin was back to normal. The rough patches were gone and so were the lines under my eyes. I have continued to use this as I feel like the more I use it, the healthier my skin looks. This product is not marketed as anti- aging; however, for me, I would say this is age- reducing. My skin is so hydrated, yet not oily at all. I am so content with how my skin looks now and am certain I will repurchase this cream when I run out.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

i used it last 15weeks and helped my skin be smooth l used it as eye cream and made my circles less noticeable. glad I have it chance.

on 9/19/2013 3:30:00 PM

Really good night cream! I have sensitive, dry-ish, clog-prone skin and need something really hydrating that won't break me out or clog my pores. This makes my skin really smooth and radiant and doesn't irritate at all. And I love the way it smells!

I know some would prefer it to not be in a jar but I don't mind, that means I can scrape every last morsel of it out of the jar to use.

I actually use this in the daytime sometimes too, it wears well under makeup as long as I give it some time to sink in.

The ingredients in this cream is excellent, especially for the price. The only thing that is kind of iffy is the PEG-100, which I can live with considering all the other natural ingredients. I work in a polymer lab and in the process of revamping my beauty routine after realizing that all the chemicals I work with comes in my cosmetics. It's really hard to find completely natural products, and this comes very close.

The cream is thick and absorbs really well into the skin. I have been using it for about a month and it's been great.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have SUPER dry skin. Not dehydrated, which is what many people should be saying when they say dry skin. Dehydrated skin flakes and looks dull, where dry skin has teensy pores that can't absorb much. When you have dry skin, the dead skin doesn't flake, it sticks and builds up creating an impenetrable barrier of dead skin ickyness. To combat my very dry, sometimes to the point of painful, skin, I exfoliate a lot to get rid of the dead skin, but I still need something rich for after that so I can get to the problem before it starts. I bought this a few weeks ago and planned on using it day and night. I have to say this is just a meh cream for me. I also have very sensitive, not acne-prone, but I-look-like-a-tomato sensitive skin ( I never break out). This cream doesn't irritate my skin which is great, and it sort of moisturizes it, but not enough. It's enough to where there aren't rough and painful patches, but I can feel it when my skin is moisturized (one experience w/dermalogica) and this didn't come close. It also doesn't improve my ruddy complexion, which is another sign. When my skin is moisturized and healthy, it is glowy, but with this my skin is dull and still a bit blotchy here and there. I will keep on looking, but if I don't find anything better, I will have to stick with this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm almost finished with my first jar of this & will repurchase. It's a very hydrating cream, yet doesn't feel greasy, doesn't clog pores, doesn't create an oil slick to wake up to in the morning. It smells good--a very light fragrance, but pleasant & it dissipates quickly.

on 11/27/2010 10:27:00 PM

This is a really great night cream for those with dry skin. I have used it off and on for years, repurchased many times. I like trying new products but will be going back to this for the wintertime. It smells good, has a nice consistency, and left my skin moisturized and soft without being greasy. The ingredients list is great and contains so many good-for-you ingredients. I highly recommend!

on 11/25/2010 11:31:00 AM

I've been using this cream for night and occasionally as a day cream for a little under 3 months. I'm impressed :) I have combination, acne-prone skin. No regular acne, but a one-time application of a product my face doesn't like can break me out dramatically and take weeks to clear up :(
Anyway, there is not one thing I don't like about this cream. I love the consistency, the smell, the way it sinks in yet leaves my face smooth and supple. Price is nice too.
Along with Weleda's Skin Food, this is by far my favorite facial cream.