Dior Pure Poison Elixir

Filtered by age: 36-43
Dior Pure Poison Elixir

2.5

on 11/10/2006 4:33:00 PM

I tried this a couple of weeks ago at Sephora. I was really looking forward to trying it as Pure Poison is my one my all time fav. scents for me to wear. I was very dissappointed in Pure Poison Elixir. I thought it was going to be a richer, denser, and more heavy than the original Pure Poison. Unfortunately, elixir is none of those things. It seemed to me to be a watered down version of the original. No depth and no character like the original has.

As with Pure Poison, the main player here is the jasmine. A LOT of heady, gorgeous jasmine. I get jasmine, vanilla, a hint of cacao, and some bergamot, with a hint of sandalwood in the drydown. It is Pure Poison, on steroids. I felt it was much stronger--in fact, a bit too strong for me. It did give me a headache with just a little bit on. It was not an unpleasant smell, so I didn't consider it a 'scrubber', but it was just TOO MUCH.
For some people who are wanting that oomph from their Pure Poison, this is definitely the ticket. Sadly, it is very hard to find, and while the atomizer is adorable, it can't be stored with the atomizer on, due to evaporation. Worth the money if you love jasmine, or if Pure Poison is your favorite. :)
(crosspost)