Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dermalogica has had Daily Microfoliant in their range for many many years. It has achieved almost cult status but it's performance is somewhat lacking and not really justified considering the price.

It is in my eyes a very well marketed over priced cleansing exfoliating powder. I think this was novel back in the day when there weren't many physical exfoliators with this kind of texture, appearance and or ease of use. Since then there have been countless exfoliating powders, Bobbi Brown's buffing grains for face is similar to this if not better and then we move onto the fact that AHA/BHA leave on chemical exfoliants have been proven to outperform all physical exfoliating in general.

I do not consider this as an exfoliant agent as such but as an extra cleansing step, I simply do not see what the fuss is with this product and would not likely repurchase. Dermalogica for some reason has some very basic products, with very basic formulas, packaged in boring grey and white packaging and overpriced. They are now owned by Unilever as of 2015.

on 11/8/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

EXCELLENT microfoliant for daily use! When I first started using this product I thought, use it daily? No way! But I do, and it is very gentle but effective. I do not notice any kind of smell, like a previous reviewer mentioned. Also, it's not a cleanser, it's an exfoliant. I am devoted to using Dermalogica for my combination skin's care, and it is left soft, smooth and clear. I love the line!

on 10/30/2018 5:28:00 AM

I heard dermalogica had a really good skincare range. So I decided to check things out for myself specifically looking for a scrub since I was getting some not visible but deep black heads. The lady showed me all the different versions of scrubs and when she showed me this one, tbh I was amazed on how soft my skin was after it! So I decided to buy it in a set with the pre-cleanse and foaming cleanser.

For sure after using it, I love how soft it makes my skin and its gentle enough to use everyday (really good if you have irritable skin), unfortunately because it's made of rice, the smell of the cleanser is just really not pleasant and almost makes you want to gag a bit :( So probs won't buy it again because of that. If you like the smell and want something gentle then this one is good one!

TL;DR - Made my skin super soft. Really gentle. Has bad smell.

on 10/17/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this product but it's overrated. It doesn't exfoliate as well as BHA, and it leaves my skin red. The redness does subside afterwards so it's not that big of a deal but there's hardly any benefit to using this product to justify the redness. It's basically a physical exfoliant to me since I couldn't detect much deeper exfoliation effect on my skin. I find a simple towel works fine as a physical exfoliant

Pros
-Physical exfoliant
-Some nutrients provided by rice extract and other plant extracts

Cons
-You can use a towel instead. In fact, a towel doesn't leave my face red.
-Expensive.
-Leaves face red for some time. Sensitive skin beware.
-Chemical exfoliation works better for me.
-Inclusion of salicylic acid is unnecessary, since the pH isn't right.

tldr, rub your face with a towel during cleansing + chemical exfoliants >>> this expensive product.

on 9/24/2018 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Fairly good exfoliant, but there are better and cheaper alternatives such as Paula’s Choice BHA exfoliant. Better results, better price and better value.

on 7/17/2018 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a new holy grail in my skin care routine, I bought this in there "meet dermalogica" mini set that they have has a starter kit. packaging is abit of a juggle but once you get used it to it, its easy. DO NOT use this exfoliator in the shower, it will ruin the product and the steam from the shower will cause the product to all clump together and there is no way to fix it.

After just 2-3 days of using this product I can notice a huge difference, my skins texture has improved, overall baby smooth, it really does brighten your complexion. I am neutrally very fair and usually only get pimples around my chin area, but I stopped using this product for a week and my skin went bezerk. 2 days on use again and my pimples where nearly vanished. could not recommend this product enough, truly is worth the price for a nice complexion.

on 7/17/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin feels so soft after using

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To say I was looking forward to using Daily Microfoliant would be an understatement. A friend of mine raves about this product nearly every time I see her (I'm beginning to think they've got her on commission!) so I had to give it a go, being the skincare junkie that I am. I used a small amount of powder mixed with water and then massaged over face before washing off. It worked fine, no irritation or adverse effect, but at the same time it did not exfoliate properly either as I discovered some comedones and bumps that were still there later. In comparison I can use St Ives scrub and get much better results at a fraction of the price. I think this may be one of those hit and miss products. I like it, but wouldn't necessarily repurchase it.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is not bad; I've used much less effective ones. That being said, it doesn't work as well for me as a product I paid less than ten dollars for. The packaging is a bit cheap for an expensive brand. The lid cracked when the bottle was knocked over, and as I keep the product in the shower, I am wondering if moisture will get in to the container and ruin the remaining powder.

To use it, you shake some dry powder in your hand and mix with water to make a scrub. Too much water, and the product is runny and wasted. It's a neat idea that I cannot master, therefore I have wasted a lot of expensive product. It doesn't irritate my skin and is fun to use, but it doesn't exfoliate as well as some of those cheap scrubs you can get at the megalomart, either.

FML. this sh*t broke me out like crazy in big cycts and whiteheads.