Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely best peeling ever.!!!

on 2/8/2017 2:41:00 PM

Love, love, love this. Finally found I face scrub I can use on my sensitive dry skin. People would ask me frequently how I manage to have this beautiful skin since I started using it.
I was shocked by the price in the beginning, but I purchased it this over a year ago and only a third is used. I only apply it once or twice a week.
Would definitely buy again.

on 2/3/2017 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Best facial scrub ever. EVER.
I first tried this years ago and it was love at first use. Since then, I've bought it numerous times and will continue to buy it (though of course I love trying out new products).
This is medium-milled powder which foams up into soft, creamy bubbles when water is added. The grains disintegrate easily so you cant really over-scrub. Very mild scent.
I have never found another product that makes my skin feel as smooth, soft and clean as this. Really gives a thorough clean- to the extent that I feel like I've had a facial after using it. Doesn't leave my skin feeling taunt or dry and I've never irritated or increased breakouts
My only complaint is that, if you use it in the shower, it's easy to accidentally have water splash in the bottle. The result is large chunks of almost unusable product. This seemed to inevitably happen by the time I had half left. I wish they would put it in a different bottle than this salt-shaker type thing. I would recommend transferring the contents to a different bottle.
Unfortunately, you don't get much product for the price. Though it can be found for a decent price on ebay and other e-tailers. I always used a quarter-sized amount, using once or twice a week and the bottle would last around 3-4 months. Well worth the money- everyone should use a mechanical exfoliant and this really is the best.
My HG scrub.

on 1/2/2017 7:56:00 AM

First time in my entire life that I write a review. I am the kind of person with almost zero loyalty to brands or products - I like to switch my stuff up, always on the hunt for the best things. I have very few holy grails in term of makeup and skincare, but this is definitely one of them. For me, it just worked. I had expensive retinol serums etc, but with a sensitive, acne prone skin I just didn't enjoy leaving some serums on my face when I went to bed. This does what I wanted - remove dry, flaky patches so that my skin feels smoother and my makeup goes on better, while still being gentle on my skin ( I can't stand buffing grains and stuff like that). It did EXACTLY what I wanted. It is expensive but for me it's worth it and I feel overall happier with my skin on the days I use it. If you have an exfoliant that already works for you, then maybe it's not worth the money, but if you're still on the hunt, maybe give this a try.

on 11/29/2016 6:21:00 AM

Finally, i have found a product that truly does exfoliate my dry flaky skin .
Since i have been using Retinol (tretinoin) for over a year now, i still suffer occasionally from rough flaky skin, which then causes my foundation too look patchy.
I have tried so many exfoliating products, from Peter thomas roth peeling gel, Kate somerville exfolikate, and many types of leave on AHA's, but none of them give me the results like this product does.
I usually reach for this product when my makeup is looking really patchy, or i notice dry patches,and i want a quick fix.
Now, i may not be using it as stated, but i find if i keep rubbing until the product is completely dry, i notice straight away how shiny my skin is, and the patches have completely gone.
i do notice a bit of stinging afterwards, but i expect it, as i have just removed a layer of skin.
Then i follow up with a gentle moisturiser, and i m good to go.
Whilst it is a bit on the expensive side, i get the results i want, and only use when i feel i need to. I will definetely be repurchasing.

on 11/28/2016 11:06:00 AM

Amazing product,not harsh on the skin,perfect for everyday use for all skin types

This is hands down the most delicate exfoliator ever. I don't know how Dermalogica does it, but this powder is amazing.

Yes, the craziest thing about this exfoliator is that it comes in a powder form. It looks like flour and you need about a tea-spoon sized amount of it to cover your entire face. Add a bit of water, mix it together in the palm of your hand and massage it into the skin. At first you will be like "how is it supposed to do anything? I can't even feel it exfoliating anything", but then you rinse it off to discover softest baby skin ever.

I am telling you, if your skin is dry or sensitive - this is a good daily exfoliator to have at hand. It will help you get rid of texture and more. Little goes a long way and you can read more about it on my blog ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2016/10/17/Detoxifying-Exfoliating-With-Dermalogica ). I hope you find this piece of information helpful!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Okay! Just so anyone who is considering using this, KNOW THIS!!

YOU MUST ADD WATER TO USE THIS!!! I REPEAT, YOU MUST ADD WATER!!!!

This exfoliant comes out as a powder and once you add some water, it'll foam up a little then start using it! You don't have to try and go scrubbing your face off to use this! The rice enzymes will eat up any dead skin cells, it just needs your help to maneuver it all around your face! Of course, avoid the eye area. This exfoliant is most definitely safe for daily use (please use once a day only!), and will help keep blackheads and clogged pores away, plus it'll leave your skin looking brighter.

However, if you have dry skin, I suggest using this at least 2 times a week! Yes, my dry skin people, it's still safe for you to use! :)

on 8/9/2016 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This scrub was much too harsh for my skin.

I tried it a few times, and each time my face felt stripped and raw.

I gave it to my daughter, and she loved it.

I think younger, more oily skin, with greater cell turnover will have an easier time with this.

on 7/26/2016 4:14:00 PM

This is the most effective exfoliant I've ever used. It smells great, and the froth is a lot of fun to use, but you can literally feel dead skin melt right off when you use this, without having to scrub at all. It's lightly warming on the skin so keep it away from the eye area. It's a great acne preventative, too. And gentle enough to use over sun-burned skin to remove dead skin and promote cell growth. Hands down a holy grail skin product for me.

Con's: Price, it's hard to find in Canada, and the packaging does allow for it to clump if it is kept in a moist environment.

With that said, I haven't found a supplier in a long time in Ontario, so Canadians: Shoppers Drug Mart sells a similar product from their brand Indeed. It's in a similar container. It's *almost* as good but not quite as strong. It's also only $20. I've owned 3 bottles of this stuff, but I would pay to switch to Dermalogica again if I could.

UPDATE: G.M. Collin also makes a powder exfoliator, but retails for about the same price as Dermalogica. Found in spa's.