Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Okay! Just so anyone who is considering using this, KNOW THIS!!

YOU MUST ADD WATER TO USE THIS!!! I REPEAT, YOU MUST ADD WATER!!!!

This exfoliant comes out as a powder and once you add some water, it'll foam up a little then start using it! You don't have to try and go scrubbing your face off to use this! The rice enzymes will eat up any dead skin cells, it just needs your help to maneuver it all around your face! Of course, avoid the eye area. This exfoliant is most definitely safe for daily use (please use once a day only!), and will help keep blackheads and clogged pores away, plus it'll leave your skin looking brighter.

However, if you have dry skin, I suggest using this at least 2 times a week! Yes, my dry skin people, it's still safe for you to use! :)

on 8/9/2016 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This scrub was much too harsh for my skin.

I tried it a few times, and each time my face felt stripped and raw.

I gave it to my daughter, and she loved it.

I think younger, more oily skin, with greater cell turnover will have an easier time with this.

To Read all 798 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/26/2016 4:14:00 PM

This is the most effective AHA exfoliant I've ever used. It smells great, and the froth is a lot of fun to use, but you can literally feel dead skin melt right off when you use this, without having to scrub at all. It's lightly warming on the skin so keep it away from the eye area. It's a great acne preventative, too. And gentle enough to use over sun-burned skin to remove dead skin and promote cell growth. Hands down a holy grail skin product for me.

Con's: Price, it's hard to find in Canada, and the packaging does allow for it to clump if it is kept in a moist environment.

With that said, I haven't found a supplier in a long time in Ontario, so Canadians: Shoppers Drug Mart sells a similar product from their brand Indeed. It's in a similar container. It's *almost* as good but not quite as strong. It's also only $20. I've owned 3 bottles of this stuff, but I would pay to switch to Dermalogica again if I could.

on 6/13/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is so goooood

I have oily and sensitive skin and most exfoliators hurt my face but this has cleared my face and it looks much brighter

read my review on my blog and leave a comment, will reply:)

on 3/13/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm with some of the other reviewers on this. I was really excited to try this product bc ppl online raved about it but I broke out in many small pimples around my mouth and cheek. I definitely did not have a good reaction to it. It makes your skin feel nice after but my skin didn't like it unfortunately. I got to tell u though I'll be glad to return this 55 dollar item. Please, if u want to try this test patch this for a couple of days.

on 2/16/2016 7:37:00 PM

I am 59 with aging skin, and enlarged pores that plug easily. This really helps. It is a bit more gritty than the enzyme powder cleansers I usually use. That said, it is not harsh or scratchy. It spreads easily and turns milky.

Contains:Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium oxide, rice bran, rice starch, allantoin, papain, salicylic acid, gingko biloba, camellia, licorice root, PCA, hydrolyzed wheat protein, tea tree oil, grapefruit peel oil, among other things.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE... makes my spotty face worst.

Dermalogica is my HG skincare brand and I have tried most of their products. I purchased a travel size of this Daily Microfoliant as it is supposed to be the best exfoliator in their range. I have never been so upset about a skincare product!

The exfoliator comes out in a white powder form, something I have never seen before. It felt nice on the skin, not harsh or not too soft. I used this twice a week and initially, my skin looked and felt amazing. However, I started to get very angry, red cysts on my chin. I do not suffer from acne, so this was quite a shock to me. I stupidly persevered with this product, thinking it was perhaps my foundation? My skin eventually got so bad, that I stopped using this and have not had a chin breakout since!

I am upset due to the fact that I have been left with a few scars on my chin due to this product and still a couple of months later, my skin has not completely healed. My mother tried this also and had the same reaction, so I've come to the conclusion there is definitely an ingredient in this which my skin cannot tolerate.

Overall, I am one of the few reviewers who seem to dislike this product and have a negative reaction to it. I would highly recommended testing this out before investing in a bottle. I am currently using Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub and I really like that one.

I never write reviews so this will be good...

I have been using this product for the past (almost) 10 months and I LOVE IT! I can be quite a junkie when it comes to beauty products, I will usually replace things after a few months of use without progress, however this product has broken through!

Firstly, I have seriously oily skin ( I should mention I live in hot steamy Cairns). So oily that Estée Lauder double wear starts to break down after 4-5 hours, and I am yet to come across anything better makeup wise. I have been using this exfoliator morning and evening since purchase, and I can truly say that my skin is a whole lot better. It's softer, brighter, I have less breakouts (and the ones I do have are less severe) and keeps my oily face at bay for longer. I do use this in conjunction with the cleansing gel from Dermalogica so that could also play a major role here, however as I have not used only one or the other it is hard to say. Also I will mention that this is such a fine exfoliator that it is not harsh on my skin at all, doesn't make it sensitive, burn, anything, and this could play a factor into why I am able I am able to use twice a day

Now I have seen some users comment on the price and smell. To me it kind of smells of rice, which makes sense because it has some essence of rice. Where I live the RRP is close to $75. I have paid this before however on some occasions I have just bought off eBay for around $55.

I will most certainly repurchase (unless I find a seriously cheaper version elsewhere but I am doubtful of that).

on 12/21/2015 1:34:00 PM

This is a great product. I have combination oily skin, I am prone to breakouts and my skin colour is quite uneven. Since I started using microfoliant, my break outs are never as severe. I bought it a year ago for €50 and I still have a bit less than half the bottle left, great value! A very reliable exfoliate.