Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/17/2018 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a new holy grail in my skin care routine, I bought this in there "meet dermalogica" mini set that they have has a starter kit. packaging is abit of a juggle but once you get used it to it, its easy. DO NOT use this exfoliator in the shower, it will ruin the product and the steam from the shower will cause the product to all clump together and there is no way to fix it.

After just 2-3 days of using this product I can notice a huge difference, my skins texture has improved, overall baby smooth, it really does brighten your complexion. I am neutrally very fair and usually only get pimples around my chin area, but I stopped using this product for a week and my skin went bezerk. 2 days on use again and my pimples where nearly vanished. could not recommend this product enough, truly is worth the price for a nice complexion.

on 7/17/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin feels so soft after using

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To say I was looking forward to using Daily Microfoliant would be an understatement. A friend of mine raves about this product nearly every time I see her (I'm beginning to think they've got her on commission!) so I had to give it a go, being the skincare junkie that I am. I used a small amount of powder mixed with water and then massaged over face before washing off. It worked fine, no irritation or adverse effect, but at the same time it did not exfoliate properly either as I discovered some comedones and bumps that were still there later. In comparison I can use St Ives scrub and get much better results at a fraction of the price. I think this may be one of those hit and miss products. I like it, but wouldn't necessarily repurchase it.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is not bad; I've used much less effective ones. That being said, it doesn't work as well for me as a product I paid less than ten dollars for. The packaging is a bit cheap for an expensive brand. The lid cracked when the bottle was knocked over, and as I keep the product in the shower, I am wondering if moisture will get in to the container and ruin the remaining powder.

To use it, you shake some dry powder in your hand and mix with water to make a scrub. Too much water, and the product is runny and wasted. It's a neat idea that I cannot master, therefore I have wasted a lot of expensive product. It doesn't irritate my skin and is fun to use, but it doesn't exfoliate as well as some of those cheap scrubs you can get at the megalomart, either.

FML. this sh*t broke me out like crazy in big cycts and whiteheads.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a fine powder that you mix in your hand to a cream with a little water. It has a cheap chemical exfoliator (salicylic acid, the same used in cheaper acne products), and a fine crumb-like thin texture. Being water-less light powder I thought it would be perfect for travel. Its actually quite cool in concept but it didn't work for me. For a start, its terrible for travel as it leaks powder everywhere. Then when using for the first time, when I tipped some onto my hand some poofed up my nose and I breathed some in. Had me choking and coughing. I don't think its the safest product design out there. As for effectiveness, its poor to average for me. Didn't sting. But my skin didn't look soft and bright like it usually does with other basic scrubs.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thankfully only bought the travel size of this. It is a gentle scrub so I was able to use it everyday. However that is sadly where the positives end. It really doesn't smell pleasant, not horrific, but compared to other scrubs I have (e.g. origins) it is not very nice. Also, the packaging is a terrible design - must stay upright or it all falls out everywhere & cannot be put back in, so it is a nightmare when traveling. I was also worried about getting water in the bottle and making the powder unusable. I also think it is very expensive for what it is, so won't be repurchasing

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I like the results from this, but the "rice smell" turns my stomach. I much prefer very botanical skin products. The very best exfoliant I have ever used is 001 Precious Finds Peel. This stuff is amazing to use, and the results are perfect. Pity it's so hard to find.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Thankfully only got a sample, dermalogica lady recommended it to me. This is a very fine exfoliant but I gave up physical scrubs a long while back and this reminded me why. I don't have the most sensitive skin but using this my face felt rubbed raw although I was extremely gentle. Stripped all my oils. My skin felt soft after but wouldn't recommend unless you have very hardy skin. Will be sticking to the gentle cream exfoliant.

Like many previous users, my skin did not agree with this exfoliator. This product made my chin burn and break out in tiny red angry bumps. As soon as I got out of the shower, I could feel my chin stinging. I’m hoping my skin goes back to normal soon!

I don’t usually have overly sensitive skin so it must be one of the ingredients in this product. I really wanted to give it a go as it was so hyped up. Luckily, I asked for a sample size before fully committing.

Please avoid this product, it’s not worth the pain or the price. I will go back to my trusty Grown Alchemist polishing facial exfoliant :)