4.1

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

8 months ago

I really wanted to get this for what seems like forever. I got a sample from Sephora, loved how it foamed up enough to make it feel a little luxurious. It made my skin feel smooth and freshly exfoliated. I don’t like the price though so, I purchased the mini set that comes with the pre-cleanse. What I find puzzling is that the sample didn’t appear to have a scent but the one I purchased does. It smells “off”. It’s hard to ascertain what the scent is, but it’s definitely there and I can’t see myself purchasing this again because it’s not really all that special, at least not what I hoped it would be. Maybe I got a bad batch, but now that my curiosity has been satisfied, I don’t need this in my life.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

9 months ago

I slept on this gem of an exfoliant for far too long. I used it daily on myself and clients while earning my esthetics license several years ago, then stopped using it after school ended. Recently found the pro size in my stash and I love it! I think I was underwhelmed due to the fine grains and just poo-pooed away the idea of the rice enzymes working. But they work, it's easy to use, gentle on my skin and offers results so I will continue to keep this in my rotation. I also love that you can blend it right into your face wash to boost its effectiveness as well.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

a year ago

I'm 65 with combination skin. Having fairly noticeable pores across my nose and a few on my cheeks, I purchased this product based on the many positive reviews. I was so disappointed! It retails here in Canada for $82, not a bargain by any means, but I was very hopeful that it would help to reduce the appearance of pores on my face. Within 24 hours of the first use, my skin had started to break out, and within 48 hours, I had large, painful pimples all over my nose and on my forehead. Given that it was so expensive, I told myself that maybe it was the just product working to remove the dirt and toxins from my pores, and continued to use it for another two weeks. The blemishes continued and became huge cystic acne - remember that I'm 65 and well past the teenage-acne phase! It was a total waste of money and I DON'T recommend it. I am now in the process of trying to let my skin heal and so am not using any concealer or foundation as I don't want to further block the pores. My skin looks horrible - giant red blemishes and whiteheads, plus the aforementioned blackheads. I could cry. This product is worse than useless - it destroyed my complexion.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

I really like this scrub. It's a dry powder that you sprinkle into your hand and mix with water. I find it works best if I mix it with water in my hand, and put water on my face. I use this product about twice per week, even though it states you can use it every day. I have combination skin, mostly very oily on my t-zone. I find that this has helped refine my pores and leave my skin smoother. I avoid using this on my nose, because I have capillaries there, and I was told that physical exfoliants can make capillaries worse over time. It is very messy to use, and because it's a charcoal-based exfoliant, I have to wash out my sink after using it. I also find that it can be a bit tricky to mix, as the water tends to bead off the exfoliant before I mix it. I find that it turns my skin a bit red and can sting a little, but it does leave it feeling very polished and smooth. I use this before applying my makeup, and I find my makeup does glide on much nicer. My skin feels smooth and soft. It can be a bit drying which is why I don't use it every day. It's also a touch expensive, but the bottle is large and lasts a long time. I will probably purchase this again once I'm out, but it won't be for a long time. Usually with twice-weekly use, the bottle lasts me about three or four months.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I would give this 3 1/2 stars instead of 4 if I could. I wince at the cost, but I keep repurchasing it. It's not a superstar or a holy grail, but a reliable product I like to keep on standby, and although I don't always give it the appreciation it deserves, I miss it when it's not around. My skin type ranges from oily in the summer to dry in the winter, and this particular winter I've found myself using it as a cleanser just on my t zone in the mornings. The rest of the year I use it on my entire face on mornings when my skin feels a little rough and dull. Some people complain about the smell of this, but I find it weirdly comforting. I cheated on this once with Tatcha's classic rice enzyme powder and it wasn't worth it...Tatcha's was too drying for my skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Other

a year ago

I received this microfoliant as a gift with purchase. I've used Dermalogica products in the past and have been more disappointed than happy with the products I've used. They're expensive products and therefore I expect results. I'm not sure that I enjoy the process of having to mix the powder with water, but it is a good exfoliator and it makes my skin soft. However, I find it a little harsh on my skin, especially in the winter, so I cannot use it every day. Instead, twice a week is more than enough for me. Also, as I've gotten older. I find that I want more from an exfoliator than soft skin. For my skin, there are better and cheaper exfoliators on the market that I would choose over this one.

About reviewer (280 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

a year ago

Dermalogica has had Daily Microfoliant in their range for many many years. It has achieved almost cult status but it's performance is somewhat lacking and not really justified considering the price. It is in my eyes a very well marketed over priced cleansing exfoliating powder. I think this was novel back in the day when there weren't many physical exfoliators with this kind of texture, appearance and or ease of use. Since then there have been countless exfoliating powders, Bobbi Brown's buffing grains for face is similar to this if not better and then we move onto the fact that AHA/BHA leave on chemical exfoliants have been proven to outperform all physical exfoliating in general. I do not consider this as an exfoliant agent as such but as an extra cleansing step, I simply do not see what the fuss is with this product and would not likely repurchase. Dermalogica for some reason has some very basic products, with very basic formulas, packaged in boring grey and white packaging and overpriced. They are now owned by Unilever as of 2015.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlack

EyesGreen

a year ago

EXCELLENT microfoliant for daily use! When I first started using this product I thought, use it daily? No way! But I do, and it is very gentle but effective. I do not notice any kind of smell, like a previous reviewer mentioned. Also, it's not a cleanser, it's an exfoliant. I am devoted to using Dermalogica for my combination skin's care, and it is left soft, smooth and clear. I love the line!

About reviewer (641 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Other, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

a year ago

I heard dermalogica had a really good skincare range. So I decided to check things out for myself specifically looking for a scrub since I was getting some not visible but deep black heads. The lady showed me all the different versions of scrubs and when she showed me this one, tbh I was amazed on how soft my skin was after it! So I decided to buy it in a set with the pre-cleanse and foaming cleanser. For sure after using it, I love how soft it makes my skin and its gentle enough to use everyday (really good if you have irritable skin), unfortunately because it's made of rice, the smell of the cleanser is just really not pleasant and almost makes you want to gag a bit :( So probs won't buy it again because of that. If you like the smell and want something gentle then this one is good one! TL;DR - Made my skin super soft. Really gentle. Has bad smell.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

a year ago

I really want to love this product but it's overrated. It doesn't exfoliate as well as BHA, and it leaves my skin red. The redness does subside afterwards so it's not that big of a deal but there's hardly any benefit to using this product to justify the redness. It's basically a physical exfoliant to me since I couldn't detect much deeper exfoliation effect on my skin. I find a simple towel works fine as a physical exfoliant Pros -Physical exfoliant -Some nutrients provided by rice extract and other plant extracts Cons -You can use a towel instead. In fact, a towel doesn't leave my face red. -Expensive. -Leaves face red for some time. Sensitive skin beware. -Chemical exfoliation works better for me. -Inclusion of salicylic acid is unnecessary, since the pH isn't right. tldr, rub your face with a towel during cleansing + chemical exfoliants >>> this expensive product.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24