Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Thankfully only got a sample, dermalogica lady recommended it to me. This is a very fine exfoliant but I gave up physical scrubs a long while back and this reminded me why. I don't have the most sensitive skin but using this my face felt rubbed raw although I was extremely gentle. Stripped all my oils. My skin felt soft after but wouldn't recommend unless you have very hardy skin. Will be sticking to the gentle cream exfoliant.

Like many previous users, my skin did not agree with this exfoliator. This product made my chin burn and break out in tiny red angry bumps. As soon as I got out of the shower, I could feel my chin stinging. I’m hoping my skin goes back to normal soon!

I don’t usually have overly sensitive skin so it must be one of the ingredients in this product. I really wanted to give it a go as it was so hyped up. Luckily, I asked for a sample size before fully committing.

Please avoid this product, it’s not worth the pain or the price. I will go back to my trusty Grown Alchemist polishing facial exfoliant :)

on 11/26/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

With my sensitive acne prone skin this exfoliant is gentle. One quick shake of this product on your hand is enough to exfoliate. It is true that you can use this everyday. Finely milled exfoliant with no fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This stuff smells so terrible that made me gag! For the price I am disappointed!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using Daily Microfoliant since the age of 14, and I'm now 25. Forget what most people say that you've got to change your products after a few months. This baby's a keeper. I've got very oily skin that needs a daily and firm scrub, and this does the trick. You can instantly feel that your skin is cleaner and smoother once you wash it off, and is in itself a brightening product. I've also tried the Daily Superfoliant, but it's no match for this bestseller.

My only criticism is its packaging. I wish this were available in a larger size like Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel. And please do not bother purchasing the travel sized bottle. Daylight robbery.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was excited about this, having crazy-sensitive skin that still needs exfoliation. Gave it several tries, each time increasing the water-to-powder ratio to make it more liquidy, but even with the gentlest touch my skin was red and raw after.

I will try to use it up on my hands or body somehow. Nifty concept, but my face just doesn't approve.

on 3/11/2017 11:00:00 AM

This is easy to use and does leave the skin feeling very clean and as the texture is fine it is probably not as abrasive as other scrubs. The price is a bit steep though.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely best peeling ever.!!!

on 2/8/2017 2:41:00 PM

Love, love, love this. Finally found I face scrub I can use on my sensitive dry skin. People would ask me frequently how I manage to have this beautiful skin since I started using it.
I was shocked by the price in the beginning, but I purchased it this over a year ago and only a third is used. I only apply it once or twice a week.
Would definitely buy again.

on 2/3/2017 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Best facial scrub ever. EVER.
I first tried this years ago and it was love at first use. Since then, I've bought it numerous times and will continue to buy it (though of course I love trying out new products).
This is medium-milled powder which foams up into soft, creamy bubbles when water is added. The grains disintegrate easily so you cant really over-scrub. Very mild scent.
I have never found another product that makes my skin feel as smooth, soft and clean as this. Really gives a thorough clean- to the extent that I feel like I've had a facial after using it. Doesn't leave my skin feeling taunt or dry and I've never irritated or increased breakouts
My only complaint is that, if you use it in the shower, it's easy to accidentally have water splash in the bottle. The result is large chunks of almost unusable product. This seemed to inevitably happen by the time I had half left. I wish they would put it in a different bottle than this salt-shaker type thing. I would recommend transferring the contents to a different bottle.
Unfortunately, you don't get much product for the price. Though it can be found for a decent price on ebay and other e-tailers. I always used a quarter-sized amount, using once or twice a week and the bottle would last around 3-4 months. Well worth the money- everyone should use a mechanical exfoliant and this really is the best.
My HG scrub.