Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 18 & Under
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this! It was my very first "high end" palette! I think that it is excellent for beginners because it has a nice range of colors. Some of the shadows do contain large amounts of glitter but I don't mind. After you're finished with your eye makeup, just use a piece of tape to pick up the fall out. It takes like 2 seconds! I would recommend this palette to someone who is just starting out with their makeup collection and wants a nice variety of neutral and colored shades!

on 8/23/2010 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette for dramatic and natural looks. They are so pigmented, and look beautiful on the eye. Buy this palette, if you don't like shimmery shadows, this might not be the palette for you though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this palette because of the wide variety of colors and because there were a few neutrals (I usually only wear neutrals) and the colors that were more on the colorful side were not bright and crazy, which makes them more wearable! Andd it was 10 high quality, pigmented, and long lasting eyeshadows for $36, so that's a pretty good deal.

I read a lot of good reviews on this palette but I disregarded the part of the reviews that said they were very glittery assuming they meant shimmery, but the really did mean glittery. That is something you definitely have to take into consideration! All of the eyeshadows have like chunks of glitter in them, some a lot less or a lot more than others. When I wore a really glittery color, throughout the day, the glitter fell on my face and people were like: you know you have glitter all over your face right? And it was really hard to wipe the excess glitter off. If you really love glitter, this palette is for you. Other than that, the less glittery colors are really good for every day wear; I have been using the same colors every day for about 7 months and I have not hit pan yet!

As far as the packaging, it wasn't that good, wasn't too bad... the good part was that it came with the mirror. The bad part is that it's like cardboard covered with some type of material so it gets dented easily, and very dirty easily. The eyeshadow glitter gets all over the packaging, but after a while, you won't care to wipe it off because it will only happen again. The velvet artwork is really pretty though. :)

on 1/26/2010 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
ten colors
gives a variety of looks
good quality shadows
very blendable and smooth
nice packaging

Cons:
somewhat expensive
5 out of 10 of the shadows are VERY glittery, which i hate so i rarely use them

My favorite e/s of the palette are: smog, shattered, last call, sin, and mildew (which are all non glittery :)

I would probably buy it palette again if i had to just because it gives such a variety of colors at a very nice quality. Also a TIP: to prevent glitter fall-out try using the e/s wet!

on 12/6/2009 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really enjoy this pallete and use the colors in it daily for looks. It has a great mix of neutrals and more dramatic shades, and almost all of them flatter.
I wouldn't buy again because I don't use 2 of the shades (Oil Slick and Shattered) but if I ever ran out of any of the other ones I would purchase the single.
I seem to use Sin and Smog almost every day.
There is a LOT of glitter... Oil slick has so much glitter that it's completely unusable to me. The glitter with polyester bride is okay because I like a glittery inner corner highlight but oil slick is just ridiculous, it's the texture of coarse sand.
I got the Ammo Plus Primer kit and I have to say the value is incredible. A full bottle of UDPP and 7 shadows that I use regularly can't be beat for the $27 I got it for.
Edit: I had said I didn't like Maui Wowie but I wore it on NYE and loved it! Looked fantastic!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This eye shadow palette is great. However, some of the eye shadows (Maui Wowie, Polyster Bride, Grifter, Chopper) are way toooo glittery. I would probably only use them for special occasions if I couldn't find anything else. But the other eye shadows are matte and quite pigmented. For everyday use, I would always use Sin over my lid and Smog on my crease because they're so natural and soft looking. Overall, this palette is great for special occasions because of the assortment of colors and for everyday use.

on 11/15/2009 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have to disagree with most of the comments posted by everyone. I really didn't enjoy this palette, the only eye shadow i liked in this palette was Sin. Everything else, especially the shimmery eye shadows had major fallout, and i hated working with them.

on 2/26/2009 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

the colors are so pigmented. They blend really nicly. However some have a lot of big glitter chunks

on 2/19/2009 6:02:00 AM

I love this palette! Not one colour is horrible in my opinion, and they are all very pigmented. I am loving the Primer Potion also. You only have to use very little of it so it will last quite a long time, which is great. The palette was a bit expensive for me, but as I am loving it so much, I think it was definitely worth it. This is the first time I have got something from Urban Decay, and it won't be the last time either!

on 3/16/2008 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Got this from my cousin as a birthday present, and to be honest, i'm really glad that she bought this for me. It's a fantastic eye shadow palette, with beautiful colours inside. Love the packaging, love the colours, love the texture, love everything about it. :)