The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

2.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Bought this out of desperation because I had lost my mascara and this is the only one offered in an airport. Considering its supposed to be a volumizing mascara, this didn't do anything except give me wet spidery lashes. Doesn't dry very well, and it smells horrible! I could smell my lashes throughout the day! For $15 its much as a MAC mascara. Thank goodness for their amazing return policy!

on 5/4/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My mama purchased this for me. She has a huge fetish for The Body Shop items and I really like this brand, too. I don't really like this mascara, though. It smudged within the first hour, started to irritate my eyes a little but (but not as much as the waterproof mascara). One thing I'd like to point out about this mascara is the packaging. It's AMAZING. The cap actually makes a clicking noise once you close it to let you know that your tube is fully closed. It's very reassuring and keeps the mascara lasting longer.

on 2/6/2011 8:26:00 AM

I've been wearing this mascara for some time now and I have to say that it's a good mascara. However, it's not one of the best I've tried, it doesn't wow me. It is lacking in the volume-department. I wish it made the lashes a bit fuller. On the plus side it's easy to take off, doesn't irritate the eyes and provides good length. Also the staying power is very good and it doesn't smudge. A nice everyday mascara but lacks that little extra necessary in order for me to consider it a really good mascara. I am unsure whether I'd repurchase it or not.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nothing special. Does what nearly every drug store mascara does. A little thick but in a good way. I'll continue to use it till I'm out but won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Very good mascara - this is good for daytime use for me. It does lengthen, nothing over the top or anything, and it doesn't clump with the first coat (I always use an eyelash brush anyway). It makes my lashes look longer and fuller without making me look like I am going out on the town. Doesn't flake off and lasts all day. I didn't have any issues with eye sensitivity or anything and I wear contacts. It does seem to come out a bit thick however but that didn't seem to be an issue. Other than that this is just a good, basic mascara and at a pretty good price. Would repurchase.