Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 5/22/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought this a few times and have gone back and forth with it. It's easy to use, in my opinion, just wet it and put it on like you would a normal one. Yes, sometimes you get drips on your body if you're doing it when you aren't straight from the shower, but that parts not so bad. What really sucks about this is the packaging. It falls out, it breaks apart, the product breaks, etc. I've bought it a few times and I've never used one up, barely even a noticeable dent.

As far as how it works, I like that it's unscented. I can't stand 'girl' smells so I was using Old Spice for a long time. But sometimes that's just too powerful and manly and just too much. Other natural ones like Tom's made me smell worse... So I went back to this. I feel like this does stop the smell which is something, but I do still "sweat" and notice the wetness. Maybe that's supposed to be healthier for your body, idk, but if you don't want any wetness, be forewarned that I still do sweat with this, it just doesn't stink. I personally don't mind sweating a little since I live in the desert and love the heat, so it really depends on you.

I like how it doesn't leave residue, even 'invisible' deodorants leave and you can feel it when you shower and have to scrub it off. This is something I just kinda have in my stash, even though I was using Ban and Old Spice for the past few years. They say it lasts a year, I suppose with constant use, but I find they last forever. I guess I'd get it again, but I like having a regular deodorant around too.

Update: I just added a regular deodorant back, and it wasn't stopping smells as much as this does, so I use this first with an invisible solid stick on top. That seems to be better.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Living on an island where it is always warm, sometimes I sweat. I will not use anything that is not all natural or anything that I cannot pronounce in the ingredients.I bought this natural crystal stick- but honestly- its kind of a pain to use. first of all, the crystal became loose and fell out almost immediately after using. so I had to remove it and wet it to put it on- then store it in the case. not very good packaging. It does work though if you can get past the packaging. Also i accidentally dropped it- being that you have to wet it first, and it got slippery- so once it fell and cracked, the crystal salt is very sharp. I am not going to give up- because it is natural and it does work.

on 5/12/2017 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been trying to detox my deodorant and go fragrance free, so this was one of the first aluminum and fragrance free deodorants I had ever tried. Despite seeing all the positive reviews, this product was very disappointing.

About me: I live in Nevada, which has intense but dry summers. However, I am not prone to heavy sweating or odors compared to most people. I started using this deodorant in the winter to "detox" my underarms, so I could give a fair judgement in the summer. (When you switch to natural deodorants, it's important for your body to adjust to the less harmful/harsh chemicals for several months.)

Application: Awful. Just awful. You have to spray water on the crystal to apply it. I shave my underarms regularly and always put on deodorant after I shower, like most people. The crystal just basically a salt rock, so when you apply it to newly shaved underarms, IT BURNS!! I have a gentle razor, yet this stung like salt in a wound.

Longevity: None. I tried so many ways to make this work. Thick layers, thin layers, wetting the product, wetting my underarms, waiting 10-20 minutes before getting dressed, etc. It never lasted more than 2 hrs even in the winter. Even if I didn't mind reapplying, it's too bulky on the go and too cumbersome in application to be travel friendly.

Packaging: Cheap and annoying. There's a screw-off lid that you wouldn't expect (or want) in a solid deodorant. The twist-up bottom broke right away and the product kept sliding down.

Overall, this did not work for me even though I sweat very little. I doubt this product could appeal to anyone based on that fact. Complete 0. I'll end this by asking that if anyone has any recommendations for fragrance-free, organic deodorants that actually work, please let me know.

on 5/10/2017 5:46:00 PM

I had been looking for a natural deodorant as I no longer wanted to use anything with aluminium in. I sceptically purchased this in the travel size and was surprised that it actually works very well. You just have to wet the tip of the stick and apply it all around your underarm area for a good 10 seconds each side. It doesn't feel like you are actually applying anything, but over the months I have been using this, I have never once been able to smell any body odour. This works better than any of the shop branded deodorants I have ever purchased, and is also a lot safer.

on 4/29/2017 10:29:00 PM

by far the best deo I've use. just a lil bit impractical coz it has to be moistened first, but the rest is just awesome. invisible and long last. natural ingredient and cheap if u know where to buy it. no residue on clothes whatsoever.hg!

on 3/31/2017 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This deodorant does its job pretty well, it does not keep me from sweating and I still sometimes have my natural odor which is good.
I bought the travel size one and it last almost 6 months! I used mine maybe like 2-3 times a day. Good money!
I would definitely repurchase it again but in another type/form not the stick one. The ball eventually will be smaller than its package so it's easily fall down.

on 3/3/2017 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG deodorant! You must use it right after a shower and apply thoroughly to wet skin. I usually will wet the rock before I apply to each armpit. I really swipe it all over the armpit several times to not miss a spot since you can't see what your applying due to it not leaving any visible residue. This is strictly a deodorant not an antiperspirant, so it will not help with sweating. But I don't have a problem with sweating so for me it's fine. This works way better than any kind of deodorant with chemicals. I do not smell at all! Even after a workout. It can be used on other parts of the body such as on your feet. But again it has to be applied to freshly clean skin that is wet. I find that when it works better than damp. So make sure your skin is really wet or that you really wet the rock. And really make sure that you're rubbing it into the skin. I will never use anything else. I feel that other deodorants actually make you kind of stinky with their fragrance and BO combo smell. I love that it doesn't leave a white residue on your skin or clothes like typical chemical deodorant. Plus it's natural. It will last a very long time as long as you don't drop it and break it. I would say that's the only con. If it falls on the ground it will usually break. Then you will need to replace it because trying to rub the broken rock on your skin will scrape your skin. I feel like the people leaving negative reviews must not be using it correctly. Everyone I know who uses it correctly loves it. All my family uses it and a few friends.

on 3/1/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm with team NO. I have tried several of those crystal sticks, and none of them worked for me. I'm surprised to read so many positive reviews. Maybe I didn't use enough product, as one of the reviewers says? I held this under the sink as advised before I put it on my armpits, but never had the feeling that it transferred much product on my skin. I was smelly soon after. Also, it is obviously unpractical to take with because you need a sink to apply it.

Pro:
- maybe it works when I use more product?
- affordable
- skin friendly

Con:
- no effect
- unhandy packaging, stick will always eventually be smaller than packaging and fall out
- unpractical because you need a sink to apply

on 11/16/2016 7:50:00 PM

Careful this contains Ammonium Salts. In other word concentrated ammonium that kills bacteria instead of using aluminum. Most of the salt rocks also contain aluminum. Read your labels and be careful with products claiming they're natural.

on 11/1/2016 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

My choice of this brand is the original rock stick. I find the spray and roll-on less effective.

A life Changer! I really took my time with this review as safe deodorant is important to us all.
As a TV/ Film Makeup Artist and Beauty Editor I would never recommend a product I do not truly believe in. I know what is out there and this is the one I feel confident asking my family and those I love to please use. It is raved for use in the hottest of climates, I know some who use it in Afghanistan and Iraq. Blows chemical based competitors away! Referred to as the "2 day deodorant." Yep, you can safely sleep in it, Oh, and one stick has a year of use. That's right, for a fiver you have a one year deodorant. You're clothes and dry cleaner will thank you again and again!

Loved on EWG.ORG. Please understand cosmetic chemistry and ingredients before taking some of the
poor commentary on here to heart. *While well meaning it is however inaccurate and very misleading. It is so incredibly disappointing to see a single poor reviews on this wizard stick! I asked myself, what the H.E. double hockey sticks are they doing with it?? There are pro- athletes wearing this stuff without fail. It is sad to me to see women make more effort with trying to make a poor cosmetic product work for them than changing up they way in which they wear a simple deodorant. If you are on the fence, let me tell you, I've tried many natural deodorants from Toms and Kiss My Face to niche and handmade and yes you're right, not great. Mark my word...I will never, ever go back to conventional deodorant or other natural deodorants again! No more wet, pasty, sticky or stinky pits or white streaks to those weak or hard to dry natural disasters.There is a learning curve with Crystal and sadly some reviewers here just couldn't get past the first couple of days to get the knack of how to best to use it. (see below)

How To Use: This is so easy to use, just little different! It is worth any effort to have a product this effective yet completely natural. Best on freshly showered, clean, WET underarms. Just grab your stick and go round and round and round and round, and well you get the picture, really give it some elbow grease and a lot, I mean a lot of rounds with real pressure, always on wet skin. Fan it for a super quick sec, that's all it takes! If you need to reapply I recommend applying it again on a clean, wet underarm or by wetting the stick.

*Using always on a clean wet underarm, as it keeps the transfer of bacteria (super itchy, stinky symptoms) from sweat away. I even splash alcohol on mine once or twice a week just to be safe, though most do not. Those who say it isn't working aren't applying enough or using it dry or incorrectly. Note: It may actually take day or so to get the conventional deodorant out of your pores to get a fair a assessment. Yea, it stays there a while, ick!

Working in close proximity with talent, it doesn't matter that I do not sweat heavily, I need a product that I can rely on for protection and this is the one I feel most confident in both using and recommending regardless of ones level of need. I was the girl who used everything without discrimination until... it mattered. When I saw for myself the effect making changes in cosmetic habits/diet had on shrinking my uterine fibroids, I was convinced that there are products out there being utilized that aren't safe for any of us, regardless of their pass from gov. I should note that I found this product from a client who had been given it on a list of products recommended by her Oncologist. I have since seen this products appearing on similar lists from everywhere.

**Conventional deodorants can also cause pigmentation resulting in darker underarms. Crystal does not contain parabens, PEGs, synthetic ingredients and hormone-disrupting fragrance and antibacterials, petrochemicals, alcohol or aluminum.

One question in closing...

What is in your deodorant? Well if it is a conventional or clinical deodorant (double) this...

Aluminum- It blocks sweat, also a real health hazard according to leading cancer organizations and most oncologists, due to its researched and documented effects on estrogen receptors. WHAT!

Parabens- have many forms (methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, or butylparaben). Another estrogen mimicker. OH NO!

Propylene glycol- prevents drying, originally developed as an anti-freeze keeps substances from drying out. YIKES!

Give your pits some lovin!