Prestige Kohl Eyeliner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/2/2012 9:11:00 AM

Local Targets in my area have been out of my HG Milani eyeliner for a couple of weeks, so I decided to give this one a try.

The good: pigmentation is great. I have this in brown-black and it is a very dark, rich color. It glides on pretty smoothly without tugging at the eyelid, so it is pretty easy to create an even line with this. It also smudges nicely, if you're trying to do that. The pencil is skinny, so you can do a very artful thin line with it.

The packaging is nothing special, and this pencil is inexpensive.

The bad: It doesn't set very well, and ended up transferring onto my eyelids. For me, that is usually the number one sign of a useless eyeliner because if I can't trust it to stay in place, I don't want to use it. Where I had originally applied it, by 5:00 that day, it had faded almost completely, and all the liner that was left were a couple transferred lines on my upper lid.

So in this case, the bad overwhelms the good for me. I wouldn't recommend this one.

on 3/30/2009 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have to admit, the only reason I put this on was because it was lying around my bathroom. I've been meaning to purchase MAC's smolder but seeing as I'm short on money right now (who isn't!?) I've put it off. I really like this stuff! I use it when I do a smokey eye and use very little, but it smudges well and has great staying power. It's easy to apply and goes on smoothy. I have the black one and it's a very true, rich black. As much of a MAC snob as I am and as much as I usually refuse to put anything other than dept store brands on my face, this is the rare exception! I reccommend this if you're in need of a rich black kohl pencil, for a good price.

i love this eyeliner (:
i thoughttt it was good; it didn't smuge or irrate
and it wasn't bad for 5 dollars

on 8/22/2007 1:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is one of my staple products that has never let me down. I have it in Spice (a golden brown) and Havana (a darker brown) and it goes on very smoothly for a pencil, and gives the ideal warm look I'm going for when I just want a quick eye fix for day. One of the best things you'll find at the drugstore.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Just like one reviewer before me, I had a bad reaction to these eyeliners. I completely forgot that some time ago I purchased a Prestige liquid eyeliner in a nice shimmery green color and as soon as I put it on, my eye lids felt like they were on fire. I had to throw it out immediately. Yesterday I bought the khol eyeliner in steel which is a beautiful greyish blue color. I saw that the texture was nice, so I bought it in three more colors. When I put it on the next day, my eyes were bloodshot and teared in less than a minute. I don't know what they put in these eyeliners because I am not (at least never been) allergic to any make up product before this.

on 2/25/2005 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

love prestige el! have in sable, charcoal, a dark plum and a dark green. love them. love their quality and the price. if i need an el i would check to see if they had my color first! EDIT: never thought there would a need to buy anything but ds e/l, but then tried mac, LM and clinique creeme shapers, they are my hg's and wortht he splurge! sorry prestige!

on 8/24/2004 12:50:00 AM

This is a good eyeliner which is pigmented very well. It does smudge a little bit which can be good or bad depending on your preference. It also has great staying power especially on the inner lids. However, I still prefer Annabelle eyeliner to this overall so I had to take some lippies off.

on 3/24/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I keep all of my liners in a cup on my vanity...I looked at them the other day and noticed the 85% of them are Prestige. The colors are great, the staying power is perfect and they go on smoothly and easily. I usually top with a power shadow for extra staying power. I don't use these to line the inner rims because my eyes tear up during application and smears everying - but they are great for lashlines. Wonderful drugstore find.