MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

4.3

on 4/23/2009 9:28:00 PM

When I saw the low ratings for this quad, I just had to write my review. I love these colors! I bought it at my CCO and had to go get a backup because I loved it so much. It creates such an effortlessly beautiful smoky eye. It's easy to apply and stays on. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion. Every time I wear this, I can't help but think my eye makeup looks great that day. For reference, I am a natural blonde with a fair ivory complexion with cool undertones and blue eyes.

on 1/31/2007 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This isn't one of MAC's better quads.The colors lack the originality I expect from MAC.3 out of the 4 colors are alright but nothing you have to rush out to get unless you collect.Colors include:Restless:a midtoned satin grey w/ a touch of some lavender(to my eye) undertones.Take Wing:deep,dark,chocolatey matte brown.this is the shade the MAC site had hyped as having blue pearl..it doesn't..I don't even get the plummy undertones that some of the other reviewers mention..Just straight,plain brown.Tickles:this shadow is horrible.First off it's a lustre(I hate glitter) so there's glitter everywhere..it appears to be a pale pink like Pink Freeze but when I applied it,it turned reddish on me.Finally Bravado:the star of the quad.VP formula so it's buttery smooth and pigmented.It appears to look identical to Cranberry till you apply it.On me, it's a slighty lighter more rosy tone where Cranberry is about a shade darker and more red tone.I'll probably end up depaletting Tickles and keeping the other 3 but I surely wouldn't repurchase

on 9/2/2006 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow quad is part of the Untamed Collection released in August 2006.
The colors in this quad are as follows: Tickles, lightly silvered pink with pink pearl; Take Wing, rustic brown with blue pearl; Bravado, antiqued rose; and Restless, silver grey. I think I like this Take Wing quad even more than the Thunder Eyes quad from the Catherine Deneuve Collection! I can use all the colors in this quad at the same time on my eyes, they blend beautifully together, and they are not too bright or flashy for daytime. (Nor are they boring!) I am not a big fan of Lustre formulas, but Tickles is one of the prettiest, pink shadows I own right now! I try to steer clear of most pinks, becuz they tend to make me look tired, allergy-eyed, or as if I have been crying. But Tickles makes my eyes look young and alive! I don't even mind the little glitter particles in this becuz it really is not too over-the- top! Looks so pretty with Bravado and Restless together in the crease and outer third of the eye, and Take Wing as a liner. I traded in my Blue-Brown Pigment for this e/s quad, and I have NO regrets. I wish I had just purchased this one right from the start! Gorgeous collection of shadows! For reference, medium-dark brown/reddish hair, hazel (green) eyes, MAC NC25-30 (cool-toned).
continued >>